User Tag List

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1587Likes

Thread: February 2023 Frugal Chat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I dont shop RCSS as its out of town .I shop no frills and sobeys for sale items the odd time as sobeys is 10 minutes away.

I would have loved to go out today as i would have loved to check out winners (have a gift card) but i only got 3 and a half hours sleep last night .My sister-in-law who is 65 (hubbys brothers wife) told me she is tired of not sleeping ,getting up to go pee a few times in the night and menopause in general .She started taking sleepeze over the counter ,but i dont wish to as i am on high blood pressure meds.

I may lie down this afternoon ,we will see.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So for those that shop (even occasionally) is the RCSS store out east clean? Stocked? NF here is also junky BUT it’s still better than my experience last night. I’ve had issues with stock levels but this was on a whole different scale and it was dirty! I’m all for saving $$$$ but this was so gross and honestly not worth any savings.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    This kind of surprised me to see:

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/ne...162738722.html

We do not buy a lot of their products but I know many of my co-workers do
    Guess it's go time for those of us looking to find them on sale in freezer cases! I do like some of the Lean Cuisine items. WOn't miss Delissio as it was a rare purchase. Bro and I lean towards Dr. Oetker and McCain's for pizza when frozen ones are purchased.

Nestle might want to consider making more non-dairy treats and candies if the company wants to rely on them to carry the business.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Found 3x unused General Admission tickets to Cineplex, while walking across the parking lot.
    What do you plan to watch?
    harbie and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should wait until you return from RCSS. That way, you will force everyone to maintain a 2m Zone of Separation from you.
    That could actually work!
    harbie and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So many interesting offers. A Man Called Otto, Knock at the Cabin, Living, and Infinity Pool all pique my interest.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    So for those that shop (even occasionally) is the RCSS store out east clean? Stocked? NF here is also junky BUT it’s still better than my experience last night. I’ve had issues with stock levels but this was on a whole different scale and it was dirty! I’m all for saving $$$$ but this was so gross and honestly not worth any savings.
    I went to RCSS in Oakville once last summer-mostly tidy store (good stock levels for most part) but in pantry/grocery, there were several product narrow cardboard sleeves empty of product, so I took it upon myself to bunch the empty sleeves into a stack onto a lower shelf--so next stock person would not miss the stack. If there had been an empty cart around, I'd have been tempted to go up the aisles and add more cardboard. The odd hanging product rack is messy (PC totes, housewares/lifestyle area). And I noticed customers have left random refrigerated and frozen items on regular grocery shelves (I put a pack of frozen chicken strips-janes-into the back of store freezer when I came across it next to some boxed pantry items mid-aisle. But it was not Walmart-bad. My Superstore has too many things in the wrong area. Some takeout drink customers don't bother to look for one of two bins in different and far spots in the grocery side of store to bother to bin them. I try to bin them if I have a cart and can spare a hand to grab the cup.

Something I noticed in Oakville RCSS and local Fortinos stores and even Walmart-if there is a staffer with a large cart and bins doing an online shopping order, they almost always roll down the middle of the aisles! Rarely keeping to right side in direction of travel!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I still would like to visit Oakville RCSS when weather is less of an issue and during a mid-week trip!

Sunshine is beaming out here in Ancaster! Tomorrow is a messy day of flurries so I will have to wait for Thurs or Friday (mild and clear) to visit the library for Internet. So wanted to come on Saturday but with winds and the windchill, I was not risking it (last week, Wed, I thought I could collapse due to cold and mouthbreathing! Survived and rode bus to Walmart for photos (now 56 cents per print (4 cent hike) and only 1 of 4 kiosks present), my chai latte & egg bites (pricier than my drink but so good) at Starbucks then caught bus towards home around 6pm on my transfer! Twas cold...

Need to visit Fortinos for groceries on the way home and will wait for next batch of Thursday flyers for personal care deals. Was astonished that Shoppers wants $9.99 for 129 Lightdays liners...nope!

Last Thursday, there was a slightly pared down GSK coupon brochure inserted into the weekly community paper bundle. Mostly coupons (all April 30, 2023 expiries) for caplets/tablets/liquidgels in larger count boxes-no Robitussin cough syrup coupons, though. So if I want the Advil Cold and Sinus pack (not a Convenience pack), I'd have to commit to a 36 count box. What is the cost for that?

Johnny Strides was in Montreal for two nights last week. Downtown Montreal doesn't salt its sidewalks and roads? So much construction (like in TOronto). No love for cobblestones in winter from my POV. Not worth the fall risk. Saw so many locked bicycles frozen in snow on both sides due to plows/shovelling. Was thrilled to see SImons on Sherborne Street and the nearby Eaton Centre on his walk.

Bro used two taco packages up yesterday for a big taco breakfast! Was thrilled he finally cooked something we could both eat that was not fried eggs (he's into a regular daily omelet while I am okay with one omelet a week).

I recall that when I was in the Bay on Jan 23, there were no Jockey Cotton rib tank tops for women in packages on the Jockey shelves, just 3pks of underwear. Elita camisole tops are the slinky ones with contrasting neckline/armhole trim-still no mocha or skintone colours!

Speaking of the Bay, it has a service called Return Bear to help Bay customers with its product returns. especially if they are Marketplace (third-party vendors with own return policies) items. Have not looked into details but there must be some online shopping angst that prompted the service addition. https://www.thebay.com/content/shipp...HIPPINGRETURNS
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just popped out to pay 1st installment of property taxes and the water/sewer bill. (Had cash I wanted to pay with)
    Saved .02 because of rounding down Haha!

The sunshine is so nice today!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @coupongirl I also received confirmation that my CO 51 cheque is on its way. I have never waited so long.
    I do not know why I torture myself going to Costco on the weekend. I live close enough I could go before work and yet this time I tried a Saturday which is worse than a Sunday. It’s been a month so it was an expensive trip. I also bought an aero garden. Not sure if I am keeping it but they were on sale so I decided to buy it and then decide if it makes sense.
    @lilo0003 how much was the aero garden?

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

You should wait until you return from RCSS. That way, you will force everyone to maintain a 2m Zone of Separation from you.
    Problem is that would include Dh and to honest, myself too. It was an intense workout

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Placed an order with Airmiles to cash in my dream rewards for a Cusinart kettle ( our lid is broken and won’t turn off it not sitting properly) and a Kitchenaid 3.5 cup food processor for smaller jobs. Still have more Airmiles to use up later when I find something we need.

Went and gotta SCOP on some buns from IGA. Was charged $2.99 when the bag said $2.49. Yay.

Went to Safeway for my tart cherry juice for $7.99 instead of $11.49 at RCSS. Went by Save on Foods to get the case lot sale on hunts tomato paste ($1.09 each) but they were sold out. I had a great conversation with a grocery order shopper and she authorized 12 individual cans for the same price! I was also able to PM Classico pasta sauce to RCSS for $2.97 with ZERO issues . I only bought 4 since that was the RCSS limit and I don’t want to be the one that takes advantage of the pming ability.

I had to speak with a manager to let them know what an awesome experience I had in their store. I was told that they actually don’t hear that much from people. I was surprised. I guess people can make time to complain (I have done in when it’s warranted) but can’t take the same time to complement them. Very sad. I will compliment staff just like I would “complain” if something was really bad. Btw it has to be really bad in order for me complain.

I know where we will be shopping from now on!

Going for a workout and then making chilli for dinner

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 it was on for 79.99 I am not sure if I am keeping it as it looks like I can’t use my own seeds and I have to buy their pods, but I still need to do a bit more investigation. @HermanH a man called Otto is based off of one of my favourite books, it’s not a light subject but it’s such a good book and the movie was done very well. The female lead was amazing and they did stay pretty true to the story line but be forewarned they are a number of suicidal attempts. (He is not successful).
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@harbie RCSS is 8 minutes from me, I know this because one of my kids used to work there and would rush out the door with a minute to spare. It’s not my favourite store. I would rather drive to the next city for No Frills. I don’t find it dirty but they stock during the day and leave the aisle filled with pallets and stuff is never on the shelf and as Ciel pointed out their staff doing online orders leave the huge carts dead centre of the aisle. They don’t have enough staff and it was that way pre pandemic. Last time I shopped there I waited 20 minutes in line to check out because they are all new and or so slow. Last week I went to No frill and did my whole shop including check out in 20 minutes so the 10 minute drive is worth it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    @harbie the RCSS I shopped at is pretty much clean. Yes sometimes there are not product on the shelves but the employees are very helpful.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information