User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I think April snuck in without any of us noticing.
    Its a sunny day here so maybe a nice long walk is in order.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @lilo0003 for starting this thread.

It’s a beautiful day out so I will be cleaning the yard with all the broken twigs. Thinking of starting a few seeds indoors. My goal for this month is to not spend too much money. Hoping also to find the new tear pads. My freezer is stock with seafood and chicken . Was hoping to get 2 lamb legs from Food Basic since it’s an awesome sale but it was all gone yesterday and the are not issuing rain check.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy April!

Went for a walk by the water. It was windy. Happy I had a hoody on because the hood was needed! The sunshine is wonderful.

Home to make some lunch.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have turned around my lack of ambition, as I posted in the March Thread (totally missed today is April 1st). My goal for today is Done is better than Perfect.

The dishwasher has been emptied. the kitchen Floor and Hallways were Vacuumed and Kitchen Floor was Mopped, has not planned to mop but it needed it.

The last couch blanket has been washed, the couch has been tidied since it is my office and vacuumed. Microfiber cloths are in the dryer now.

The bathroom has been cleaned, just used Spray Cleaner and vacuumed the floor.

The pizza garbage from last night has been taken out.

Impromptu clean, noticed something leaked in the fridge so it has been emptied shelves taken out and completely scrubbed down. I now understand why those little vacuums are all over Instagram, I think I need one.

Got an email well I was halfway through the kitchen floor, the system is ready for testing. So having some lunch and another cup of tea and will start testing.

Just waiting for my video for tomorrow to finish uploading, I have decided to make this a priority for myself to get back to doing things for me and I enjoy making these videos. I also filmed a second video this morning that I need to edit for later in the week and a reel.

Happy Saturday
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thank you @lilo0003 : For starting the April new Thread !!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy April Fool!!! Is that something still accurate that people plays and joke about???

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Saturday and happy first day of April !!!
    Laundry is done,need to writhe the grocery shopping list.This morning I went to public harvest and they give out free coffee,free hot chocolate,free marshmallow for smores..I took a smore And they where a free sugar shack and music.It was really nice.The fidelity card in public harvest was full so we got our 10$ off with 2x 5$ gift certificate.so we exhanged that.We started another one.
    After I went on a hunt of tear pads coupons in Maxi and Cie and IGA ..clearly signs the coupons where there..but nothing left...So everytime I go coupons hunting I expect to be a deception..it is sad .
    I purchased 3 Finesse shampoo at Maxi and cie because they are 2,00$ and Jean Coutu they are 3,99$ that is crazy when you compare th e price...not paying that.
    So I just hope t hey will refurnish the coupons at some points but expect to be cleared again.That need to change,put rules I dont know.
    Have a fabulous day wathever you have to do
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Apr 1st, 2023 at 01:26 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went for a walk this morning 20 minutes and now it is raining ,so glad i got that walk in .
    Wow slept 7 hrs last night had a great sleep.

Just popped over to shoppers and used my 10.00 seniors promo card up -got orange juice ,newspaper and 2 strawberries 3.99 each -3,000 points when you buy 2=$2.50 each a fair price for ontario strawberries and 2 bags of chips on sale.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are near a CircleK and have their online coupons make sure to check this week. Lots and lots of freebies and my local was giving out plenty of free hot food samples too. Yum yum !!

Left with two free energy drinks, free Easter candy and free tasters of pizza, sausage, and some and some type of egg roll thing.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sat, Apr 1st, 2023 at 02:16 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It will be a frugal day as we are just hanging out at home. DH is making cinnamon raisin bagels for the first time-yum. I can hardly wait to sample them!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks @lilo0003 it’s totally slipped my mind. I just posted in the March thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ahhh harbie so nice your 80 year old mom went to the gym with you,sweet.

I forgot to post i had a personal offer on the strawberries just noticed on the bill now 1,600 extra in p.c points=$3.40 for both or $1.70 each container .Who hooo an instore points offer and my personal offer combined ,like double the dip of savings.
    Skippy, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We went to a dinner party last night and g the meal was so wonderful! My gf is a terrific cook and I ate so much that I had no appetite for breakfast this morning
    now I’m about to get ready for a date with dh for dancing to live music at a local pub ❤️

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Trying to find my ambition, I woke up at 4 am wide awake but protested getting up at 4 am on a Sunday and ended up falling back asleep and did get up until 7, but now I am feeling groggy and lacking ambition.

I was hoping if I got up and made some Blueberry Muffins it would get my ambition going but nope, they are in the oven and I am back on the couch.

The Blueberries were on their last legs and wanted to keep it simple so I made Muffins. I think I also have some Ricotta to use and Lemons so I might also make some Lemon Ricotta Muffins as well. Want to get stuff used up out of the fridge.

I still need to write a meal plan and do prep for the week, really need to find my ambition.

Really struggling with the Meal Plan for the week, nothing is jumping out at me. I am feeling very blah about food right now.

On that note, I have dishes waiting for me to wash them, ugh, they are never ending.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We have sunshine!

Dropped DS off at work and then stopped at Walmart. Picked up 2 x Large dozen eggs for $1.84 each. None are cracked so guess they had extras that didn't fit on the shelf.. I will take them! Also grabbed a bag of onions for .94 since I used the last of our onions yesterday.

Went out for dinner with both boys last night which was really nice! I didn't eat my chicken sandwich (filled up on salad and fries lol) so I will have that for lunch today.

Off to scrub/clean the front entrance. The mat needs washing so thinking I will toss it in the shower and give it a good clean then lay it out on top of the old BBQ to dry in the sun.

Enjoy the day!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information