User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Came in today after seeing Youtube clips from CityTV news about some open house tomorrow regarding Ontario Place redevelopment plans at Exhibition Place (the Waterfront property has been the site of many proposed redevelopments). But yesterday's Toronto Star shows an Ontario govt ad stating an April 27 virtual open house. So is the City of Toronto hosting this open house?

Yesterday's cool winds on a hot morning carried me through some needed raking. Too dehydrated when mostly done so I got water and sugar and salt to enjoy then finished up outside. Did an evening walk to Longos for snacks as I kept looking for snacks at home and remembered Bro suggested I get snacks. He found the Perrier cans and remaining movie butter popcorn on his own as I was really tired and turned in before 11pm.

Today is hot with very little wind. Treated myself to a Gatorade beverage on the walk over to library, after verifying that the Climate Action Incentive payment came (my NOA was dated March 23, so I met the March 24 cutoff date). The payment is more than I expected.

Am looking forward to the return of more normal early spring temperatures next week. This week is too much summer for me-I want to keep my hair as is for a few more weeks but another hot week will prompt a haircut in the near future!

Can't find McCormick's Medium Curry (non-organic) one in stores. Did see the organic version retailing for over $8 at Sobeys (pass!).
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF
    Feeling under the weather this week so not posting to much...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My shopping today went off smoothly. Got out the door around 8:30 ( note to self....stop doing that! ) I either need to leave earlier OR later as the parents dropping kids off at the school fill up both sides of the main street , parking, then trying to make U-turns! A rant for another day.
    Price matched items in FB flyer at FreshCo then I went to NF to pm their Red Prince apples...what a difference in price between FB @.99 lb. and NF price of $2.99 lb. The cashier punched my 2 huge Romaine heads in as some other lettuce so I got it $1.00 less a head.
    Lots of yummy fresh items in the fridge will keep me on track with the diet.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby -i have that same problem as you ,i am on a curve of a crescent and i can see the school from my front door .Yeah never leave around 8.30 or come home around 3.40 p.m as they line up on both sides of the streets and whip around our curve of a crescent .The joys of being near a school.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, I did not sleep well last night, I woke up at 3 am and it took me about an hour to fall back asleep. I kept thinking I heard something, turns out I think I did. I think Mom was building her fan, I offered to do it but she said not yet but guess she was hot last night.

I must say I am loving these fans, I got them from Costco on clearance for $20 and am regretting not buying a couple more now. They are quiet but super powerful and give off a good breeze, wishing I had of bought 2 for the main floor.

I have to admit this heat is already getting to me, the older I get the more I cannot handle the heat. I have been tempted to put the AC units in but at one point they were calling for snow next week, I think it is just rain now.

I am really trying to find my ambition. I am missing my get up and go self. Lately I find myself not wanting to get out of bed in the morning and when I do get up I just find it takes me awhile to get going. Now do not get me wrong I love a slow morning here and there but this becoming the norm for me and I do not like it. I am just not sure how to snap my body out of this.

A family member is moving today so I made a batch of Peanut Butter Blossom Bars. I used to be the girl who was there for every occasion just dropping off a little something, baking a little something was always the first to send a little message now, it is a text usually at the end of the day when I remember I forgot to send it earlier. I gotta tell you, this life thing is getting away from me.

Trying to decide if I also make a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies, that was my original plan but now it seems like a little much.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to shoppers as lays were on sale
    (4) lays chips 1.99 plus 1,200 p.c points personal=1.69 each
    Hair clips reduced quo brand 2.00

Then on to sobeys
    for the cheap bonterra toilet paper buy 1 get 1 free-nope sold out so got a raincheck

Got fresh corn .77 each and hamburger for a bbq on sunday
    Home i came and getting ready to go to a patio for supper with hubby and his brother and wife.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had a surprise birthday lunch with my family. My mom and aunt and uncle drove down and we live in a city on Lake Ontario so lunch was down at the lake. Still getting great weather here but I think this is the last day. Then I went off to do grocery shopping. I used some PCO points since I ended up at No Frill because Food Basics was out of my yogurt. I am sure I will be going back for more of the prince apples. I bought 10 and 2 are already gone and at that price I can’t let it slip buy. I am going to take advantage of the 7.99 cheesecake at metro as I will get a 1.00 from checkout 51 for my birthday and I like to have a something on hand for Sunday dinner dessert.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m at the ER with twin boy, thankfully in a room waiting for the doctor. Twin boy has been crying in pain a lot since yesterday morning. I leave for work tomorrow and won’t be back for two weeks. This school break certainly hasn’t gone as I had hoped.
    harbie, barbis9, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hoping all works out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’m at the ER with twin boy, thankfully in a room waiting for the doctor. Twin boy has been crying in pain a lot since yesterday morning. I leave for work tomorrow and won’t be back for two weeks. This school break certainly hasn’t gone as I had hoped.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh geesh @Angela273 a mother's nightmare. Hoping the Dr.'s pinpoint the illness or infection, poor thing. I'll bet your DS has comfort right now knowing Mom is there with him!

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-happy birthday ,hope you had a nice one.

Angela -hope all is well or you get answers for your son.

We had a wonderfull evening out at a pub with hubby's brother and sister-in-law ,then back to there place for a coffee /tea and cake.

Gave 2 bags of stockpile stuff to hubby's sister ,paper towels ,toilet paper ,pasta ,sauce ,kleenex etc to help her out .I would rather donate to family if i could as she needs the help.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Apr 15th, 2023 at 10:06 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hop things are ok with your little one

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Been looking after a clients beach house and pupper since Friday. Nice $$$ and an easy job. Hopefully the weather will be biking appropriate tomorrow so Dh and I can go for a ride to the coffee shop. On Friday we biked all over and ended up doing 12+km.

When they say “ it’s just like riding a bicycle” forgot to mention that balance isn’t included in that! I haven’t ridden an actual bike in YEARS (since I was about maybe 11) so it took me a bit to get the balance down but I did it. The actual ride was easy since I’m used to my Peloton and doing long rides and hills but never need to worry about balancing .

Off to bed early tonight so have a great night

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Twin boy had some tests run on him and an IV with antibiotics and fluids. They took twin boy for an emergency ambulance ride to a larger hospital. Dh went with him. I packed stuff at the house and took our other children with me. Fortunately a relative was able to give us a place to sleep for the night. Dh is spending the night at the hospital with twin boy. He’s still not doing well, but some worse things have been tentatively ruled out. Time for me to catch some sleep…it’s 2am here.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Twin boy had some tests run on him and an IV with antibiotics and fluids. They took twin boy for an emergency ambulance ride to a larger hospital. Dh went with him. I packed stuff at the house and took our other children with me. Fortunately a relative was able to give us a place to sleep for the night. Dh is spending the night at the hospital with twin boy. He’s still not doing well, but some worse things have been tentatively ruled out. Time for me to catch some sleep…it’s 2am here.

@Angela 279 hoping that the Dr figured out what’s wrong with you DS
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information