User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Getting all the things done or at least trying LOL.

Dishwasher is emptied, there was nothing to go back in, yay! That is a rare in our house, normally when I empty I have to reload but I am sure soon enough there will be dishes.

I cleaned out the fridge, we had some food waste this week and that is my fault, I expected to have more time to get things done around the house before I left. We had some pineapple I had planned to turn into a cake, didn't happen, I forgot to freeze my spinach dip luckily it was a small portion left, some leftover potatoes that did not get used and some leftover pasta I took with me and didn't eat and I brought home.

Then I did up the dishes since we do not put plastic containers in the dishwasher.

Bathroom has been scrubbed down, it needed a good deep scrubbing as lately I just keep using spray cleaner, it was clean but bathrooms need a good scrub now and then.

I was going to do the floor later but had to go back upstairs to grab something so I swiffered the floor and then I swiffer wet the floor. I had plan to vacuum and mop but this worked and it is done.

I still need to do the floors on the main floor as I got water on the floor well I was washing the dishes so I could not vacuum yet.

Right now I am taking a break and writing a meal plan for the week. Tonight I am thinking either Baked Chicken Breast with Baked Potato and Roasted Asparagus or Meatloaf with a side (TBD) with Roasted Asparagus, yes we have Asparagus we need to use up. I will see if Mom would prefer one over the other.

I am doing my best to get things done but I have to admit this cool rainy day makes me want to curl up under a blanket and watch movies all day.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s crazy to think that there is roughly 2 months left of the school year. My kids are already talking about how I’ll be home for the summer…hopefully I get a continuing teaching contract that’s local abc I won’t have to live away from home next year.

Meal prepping for my work week ahead.

Tortellini with home made white sauce containing yellow onion, peas, and roast ham
    oven baked pork steaks, diced oven baked sweet potato with cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar, steamed California veggies
    baked chicken breasts to use as sandwich meat. I like toasted bagel sandwiches with sliced cucumber, red grapes, and sliced apple.
    egg noodles with chicken veggie stir fry
    home made pizza
    oatmeal chocolate chip squares
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Apr 22nd, 2023 at 11:49 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. Closer to home would be amazing.
    I spent today with my usual Saturday errands and I used up a few gift cards that I had been given for Christmas and birthdays. It was nice to treat myself and spend almost no money. I also took a pair of Birkenstocks in for repairs. It’s so expensive to resole them but also so expensive to replace. While I was in the mall I stopped at Sephora for my birthday gift. I did not need much for groceries and DH had an offer for 5000 PCO when you spend 40.00 I guess they realized the offers for spending 200.00 has never once been used so they needed a new tactic. I needed yogurt and cheerios so ended up earning 12000points on a 40.00 shop. Not to shabby.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slower start to the morning today but that is what Sundays are for.

Today I need to get some prep done. We have been eating better but I feel I can be better prepared especially for lunches. Plus I admit it, if produce is cut up and ready to go we eat it, if it isn't we don't so need to get everything ready to go.

I feel like I need the world to stop for a week so I can catch my breathe and catch up on things. Some have mentioned maybe I should take some time off but the issue there is when you take vacation things don't stop happening, we won't pause new hires, day to day business won't stop. Yep, maybe still feeling a little overwhelmed, lots going on.

I am hopeful for this week that I can get caught up a little bit. I have a few things going on at work but I should get a couple of work from home days which I hope I can use to get caught up on things like Laundry, Wash the Bedding and Couch Blankets, some of the smaller stuff I can get done well working.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

couple of things reading over the previous posts,
    @Angela273 hoping that you DO get a posting closer to the family come summer. What a challenge this was for all of you.
    @SassyAshley the more accurate true meaning of the word vacation is upon return ALL your work just piled up, so any greetings of " welcome back " almost seem cruel no? Plus anyone taking vacations know you almost need a vacation FROM the vacation ( travel issues, weather, etc ) .
    Still, hoping that one day soon you really do get some time off.
    Not much to report for me as the day just began. I'm eating breakfast at the computer making it easier to punch in the numbers on the MyFitness page, plus all the food on the plate this morning is cold ( more of a snacky thing) the only hot stuff is my java!
    Carry on with the weekend all.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , it is so true, vacations stress me out.

Even when I take vacation I still work 1 to 2 hours a day just to check and file emails for my own sanity. I average anywhere from 100 to 250 emails a day if I let those pile up, instant anxiety.

This is why I am so happy we voted to keep Shut Down. Two weeks where the company is closed, yes a few people are working and at times I have to help to keep business flowing but you actually get a vacation, you do not have to worry about what is waiting for you.

@Angela273 , hoping you are able to get a teaching contract closer to home for next year. It must be so difficult to be away from everyone.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok, I got some of my prep done but not all of my prep. I might do some more later, we will see.

I can admit it, I did not want to prep today, I wanted to sit on the couch and do nothing. So I turned on Youtube well I worked.

Romaine has been chopped, Zucchini cut to be used this week (it has a few spots so need to use this ASAP or we may lose it), Cucumber chopped for Salads, and a Cucumber, Red Pepper, Bocconcini Balsamic Salad has been made. I had 2 cucumbers to use up and 2 peppers. Using the second pepper I made a Fajita inspired dish I can serve over rice or salad for lunches with Peppers, Mushrooms, Onions and half a package of Chicken Chunks.

I also cooked a batch of Rice to have on hand and roasted some Cherry Tomatoes that had seen better days. Mom will turns the roasted cherry tomatoes and the leftover asparagus from last night's dinner to make a quiche.

I did not do any Breakfast Prep, I was going to make Whipped Greek Yogurt I can top with Kiwi and Blueberries. I also realized as I was sitting here, I did not grate cheese. Maybe later, maybe tomorrow.

I did the dishes as I worked so the Kitchen is clean.

Now to decide on Dinner for tonight, kind of torn between Beef Stroganoff (I have a craving) or Meatloaf. The Meatloaf seems easier but the Beef Stroganoff sound better. We shall see as the day goes on.

It was nice and bright and sunny when I got up this morning but now it has become overcast and they are calling for rain this afternoon.

I have a little bit of cleaning to get done and might try to get a few work things done.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    You might want to check, again. I found that they are still selling for $1.27 / 2-pound package. There's no advertising for it. So, they may have forgotten to take the sale price off. I grabbed another 36 pounds of rotini.
    Another seemingly unannounced sale at RCSS. NoName pasta selling 900g package for $1. 50 cents/pound is just too good to pass. I don't know if this is only in my region.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening everybody only took and hour drive to toronto on sat at 9.00 a.m and coming home today at 10.00 a.m .So not bad compared to the winter drives.

We got to see sebastian at hip hop and his swim classes ,nice to see. then my daughter made homemade pizza ,so yummy with heirloom tomatoes on top.I played mario games with sebastian and i sucked .Today my daughter asked if she could just pop out for groceries and then we left .

She just called as told me sebastian fever from this morning is worse now ,poor little guy .Plus she thanked me for doing the laundry for her i did 2 loads .She gave me a lovely container of raspberries (mom i got them for a good price ) nice of her.All in all a good visit.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Another seemingly unannounced sale at RCSS. NoName pasta selling 900g package for $1. 50 cents/pound is just too good to pass. I don't know if this is only in my region.
    I bought another 30 packages.

I think I figured out why RCSS did the sale. The promo limit is ONE, but I saw folks buying multiple packages. RCSS probably expects customers (victims) to not notice how much they paid after the first discounted package; they almost got me.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    UGH, today is a day. My boss emailed me on Saturday that there was an "issue" in the system. I knew about the "issue" as I brought it up a couple of months ago and thought it was corrected but nope and now it is a big "issue."

I started my morning with a massive headache, I think it is because I keep waking up in the middle of the night and cannot fall back asleep for an hour or so. Things like that, although out of my control just really mess with my system. So I ended up sleeping in and when I got up work was already in full swing over 37 emails. Then as I was waiting for my boss to come in so we could discuss the issue, I was helping a staff member and my boss was already calling me to discuss.

To say I hit the ground running today would be an understatement. BUT, I do have laundry going, the last load is in the dryer now. I am taking a break for lunch now and in an hour or so I will take a break and get a few small things done around the house. Based on where I am at right now it is going to be a long night and I may not get all of this done today. Happy Monday LOL.

Trying to decide on something for dinner. I am craving some potatoes but apparently when I wrote my meal plan for the week everything is served with Rice or Pasta, not Potatoes. What was I thinking, my German/Irish heritage demands Potatoes. This is why we have a flexible meal plan, thinking might go with Wings for Mom and I will make BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps for myself with Homemade Wedges.

Happy Monday.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Apr 24th, 2023 at 01:01 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Angela273 I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. Closer to home would be amazing.
    I spent today with my usual Saturday errands and I used up a few gift cards that I had been given for Christmas and birthdays. It was nice to treat myself and spend almost no money. I also took a pair of Birkenstocks in for repairs. It’s so expensive to resole them but also so expensive to replace. While I was in the mall I stopped at Sephora for my birthday gift. I did not need much for groceries and DH had an offer for 5000 PCO when you spend 40.00 I guess they realized the offers for spending 200.00 has never once been used so they needed a new tactic. I needed yogurt and cheerios so ended up earning 12000points on a 40.00 shop. Not to shabby.
    @lilo0003 which Sephora gift did you pick?
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

OMG...what a bad day I am having right now...I did not went to school because I have a abcese in my mouth...called the dentist...my cleaning was scheduled in august..but for my emergency no place before wednesday evening..I cannot wear my dental fixture because it will be worse for my abseces...so informed school I wont be there before the end of the week..........and....they will cut my financing to my program. so not thank you abces...school and dentist...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Sun is trying to shine from behind the clouds. Not sure on the weather expected today (I haven't even looked!)

Saturday morning I did errands and while checking out at Giant Tiger I decided since is was a rainy crappy day that I would get 2 scratch tickets (I rarely do since I don't have the patience for them) so bought 2 one for $2 and one for $3. I won on both. $15 and $6! My little excitement of the day lol

Was away Sunday night. Gas is 10 cents a L 15 mins from home so filled up the tank on the way out on Sunday and then took the same way home and topped up the tank yesterday on the way home. So a full tank to start the week. A bit of savings is better then nothing.

Email- Wow nice to be off work a day and not have tons to come back to. I do have a few things to deal with but not tons which is a nice change!

Groceries- I have some sale items/small grocery list I want to pick up after work today. Have my grocery bag ready to go! (coupons/flyers/money etc)

Tomorrow- Our town is replacing water meters so our appt. is tomorrow morning. Will have to remember to have DS move the loveseat tonight away from the wall where the water meter is (behind a small door) The good thing is this son keeps the basement clean

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Apr 25th, 2023 at 09:48 AM.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information