User Tag List

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1419Likes

Thread: April 2023 Frugal Chat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The snow has melted off the streets…for now…so the kids and I have been going did bike rides. It was cold out today, but we still made it out twice. The kids have been building their SARCAN collection.

I spent a decent amount of money today on mostly necessary items. I picked up two pairs of shoes for twin girl for $9 per pair. One for now and bc one pair for her to grow into. She was excited because they even light up.

My local NF had an unadvertised special for $0.49 long English cucumbers and I even had a 100pts/$1 points offer. I also got in on the Kellogg’s cereal deal with a combination of coupons and 6,000pts/$12 flyer offer.

I marked some exams while the ham was in the oven. Thankfully my students did well on that Chem 30 unit exam.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Wow Thursday already!!!

I dropped DS off at school and then popped into the office to grab a few things. Home now and made my coffee.
    Have a busy work day but the day should go by quickly.
    I put away the clean dishes on the counter and emptied the dishwasher earlier this morning. I will wash up the dirty dishes after I make breakfast
    Took out a large package of Greek Chicken breasts from the freezer thinking we will fire up the BBQ for dinner

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I checked my optimum offers this morning and again it seems the offers are pushing me to spend way more than I want or could use in a week of items. Things like spend $20.00 TWO times on _____ and get 3,000 or maybe 6,000 PC points. Hrmph! There were 4 offers similar to that, for pet supplies, for specific brands of foods and often for things I never buy or use? The ends does not justify the means, so I may not even go to NF for my shop today ( or tomorrow ).

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I checked my optimum offers this morning and again it seems the offers are pushing me to spend way more than I want or could use in a week of items. Things like spend $20.00 TWO times on _____ and get 3,000 or maybe 6,000 PC points. Hrmph! There were 4 offers similar to that, for pet supplies, for specific brands of foods and often for things I never buy or use? The ends does not justify the means, so I may not even go to NF for my shop today ( or tomorrow ).
    My last few times walking through No Frills/RCSS I am gobsmacked on the prices of things. I hate to say this but Walmart is better for pricing lately.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have not been to RCSS in a while but I have noticed that No Frills prices are going up. It is still my preferred store to shop in only because it is local and like 5 minutes from home and they price match. My other option locally is Sobey's otherwise I have to go to the next town over which is only 10 to 15 minutes away but not as convenient to just run out on my lunch.

But I only buy what is on sale and what I can Price Match at No Frills.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have not been to RCSS in a while but I have noticed that No Frills prices are going up. It is still my preferred store to shop in only because it is local and like 5 minutes from home and they price match. My other option locally is Sobey's otherwise I have to go to the next town over which is only 10 to 15 minutes away but not as convenient to just run out on my lunch.

But I only buy what is on sale and what I can Price Match at No Frills.
    Same but I feel bad for the people going to No Frills to do weekly shopping and think they are getting the best price. One thing I noticed at RCSS- The bagged salads that sell for $4.97 most places- were $6.99 at RCSS!
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

BBQ works Just made burgers. Can't wait to grill chicken for dinner!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel so sorry for the elderly who just go in and get what they need like they always have. I honestly, could not imagine my Nanny shopping now and the prices she would pay. She refused to shop at No Frills or Wal-Mart she always preferred Sobey's because "it was nicer." She called No Frills Dirty (she could not get over the fact that it was a Hardware Store before it was a No Frills) and according to her Wal-Mart was too big. Not that Sobey's is bad but my Nanny was never one to shop the sales, she stuck to what she always bought even if it cost more.

I see so many people checking out with so few groceries but a huge bill. I could not imagine not shopping the sales. I have even started collecting coupons again (I got lucky the last two weeks that both stores I shopped at had coupons on the shelves).

It slightly pains me inside when I see people buying things I know are on sale elsewhere and they aren't price matching. I saw someone commenting on the grapes being on sale at No Frills a few weeks back and how excited she was, they were $2.99/lb at No Frills, I price-matched the same grapes for $1.87/lb.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Same but I feel bad for the people going to No Frills to do weekly shopping and think they are getting the best price. One thing I noticed at RCSS- The bagged salads that sell for $4.97 most places- were $6.99 at RCSS!
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Apr 13th, 2023 at 12:58 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My last few times walking through No Frills/RCSS I am gobsmacked on the prices of things. I hate to say this but Walmart is better for pricing lately.
    It might be regional differences, but I find it the opposite way in Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    It slightly pains me inside when I see people buying things I know are on sale elsewhere and they aren't price matching. I saw someone commenting on the grapes being on sale at No Frills a few weeks back and how excited she was, they were $2.99/lb at No Frills, I price-matched the same grapes for $1.87/lb.
    Do you try to help some of them by telling them how to price-match or other prices?

Once, when I was checking out the meat section, a man came up beside me and asked if anything was good. Since he was friendly, I told him about the eye of round and that one could ask for a price match to get a price of $3/lb (RCSS price was $10/lb). He ended up saving over $40 on a single package and was effusively thankful for all the help he received in learning how to save money. I helped him because he was friendly and open.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Last grocery shop i gave a lady in front of me 1.00 cpn for smuckers jams.

I am finding food basics is having really good prices lately ,not no frills.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am having much better luck at Food Basics. I was never a fan but the sales have been pulling me in and so far I am pleased. I have to drive by RCSS to get to Food Basics so I could stop if I wanted or pop in when dropping my son off but in the last 4 weeks nothing has tempted and my PCO offer are horrid. Heck I have even shopped at Walmart a store I despise because the prices were better. I have an offer for spending 45.00 in seafood at No Frills and get 4500 PCO. Have they lost their minds
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Let's get this work day over with!

Have a bit of a fuzzy head. Hope it passes. Picked up Mcdonalds coffee but brought my lunch today (Rice, chicken and grilled veggies).

Its payday so off to move some money!

Have a fantastic Friday!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    UGH what a morning. I did not stop until about 10:30 when I needed to stop and have some breakfast. Between my phone and my email it was non-stop. I had breakfast and was right back at it and now, I just stopped for lunch.

Decided to hold off grocery shopping. Did not really see anything on sale we needed, there are a few fresh things I will pick up next week but will use up what we have over the weekend first.

There is a lot I need to get done around the house this weekend but I must admit my ambition has been lacking all week. I really need to turn this around but honestly, all week by the time I am done work all I want to do is go to bed. I do not know if it is the change in season but something has me so tired.

Happy Friday
    harbie, barbis9, dededi and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was an anniversary sale for a local second hand store. Unfortunately they wouldn’t allow you to try on anything during today’s $10 bag sale. I carefully rolled the items and managed to purchase the following.
    a toy twin boy liked.
    4x pairs of capris for twin girl to grow into
    2x pairs of pants for twin girl to grow into
    1x brand new cotton summer dress for twin girl (the employees were tough while removing the tag, so I already had to mend the dress where they pulled the tag straight through the neckline)
    2x shirts for ds
    1x shirt for twin boy
    3x dress pants for me
    2x jeans for me
    1x capris for me
    1x comfy pants for me
    1x professional shirt for me

We also purchased a nice Nerf gun for 1/2 price, which was $2.75. The kids also each ate a piece of birthday cake.

edit: unfortunately most of those pants are snug and will go on my shelf, or tight enough that I’ll literally re-donate them.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Apr 14th, 2023 at 04:17 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Great deals angela on the $10.00 bag of clothing .

I went to the mall today to return the old navy tops that were too wide for me and too short -$27.90 back to me .Then i looked for ladies basic t-shirts too expensive in reitmans 26.97 each with the second one 30%,looked in the bay as it was bay days nothing 19.99 each for karen scott-too expensive for my liking .

I will checkout out walmart and giant tiger next (i know giant tiger had some nice ones a few weeks back for 9.00 but i gifted it to)
    hubbys sister who is on disability .

Got my walking in from the mall today ,then home at 1.00 p.m.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information