User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Puttered in the garage today. Posted a few things for sale Have had a $20 pick up and then someone else is coming in a bit for another $20 pick up.
    Motivates me to post more stuff for sale!!

Dinner was simple- Salad and buttermilk chicken strips in the air fryer.
    harbie, Purdee, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Finally checkout51 needed a picture of my 2 milk to get all of my $2.40,wow unreal sometimes but i complied and got my $2.40.

Two loads dried on the line today.

Finished the deck ,power washing and stripping ,neighbour yelled over fence looks good.Now to sand a bit more ,then start the staining process.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ @coupon girl is CO51's new policy " photo or it never happened"? lol Glad you persevered!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby-lol this comment made my morning.It was back and forth a few times but i am glad i persevered,i did tell them i was dissapointed in this process.

More sanding today at some point ,i will be so glad when the deck is totally done .No hurry thou we are retired and take our time .

No problem with p.c points giving me my points i missed for my lays chips thou.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jun 20th, 2023 at 08:40 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I’ve had a few of those stand-off situations with CO51 too. It’s frustrating. It took a few inquiries, circled items on the receipt, emails and then emails with the photo of the Silk products in my fridge! Finally got them but OY VEY! Got a few more gray hairs from that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I have been waking up at 630am the past few morning. I never get up at that time!

Decided to leave the house around 8am. Grabbed a coffee at Mcdonalds and walked around RCSS. Grabbed hamburger buns and a few packages of strawberries.
    Then I went to Dollarama because I wanted a new stainless steel water bottle and I would rather lose a $5 one then a $20 one.
    Found the packing cubes for $2 and $2.50 each (I have been eying them on Amazon) So I grabbed 2 to try them out.

We have booked a cruise for March So excited since this is my first cruise. My sister did all the planning I just sent her my Credit card. So our flight is paid for and a deposit on the cruise. Now on a mission to get the things for my travel bag. I'm sure another trip will be booked and taken before then but still nice to have this to look forward to.

Today- Finish the last minute stuff for DS's new to him car purchase. Putter in the garage and post more stuff for sale. Keep adding stuff to the garbage bin.

Tomorrow- Leaving for a 2 night getaway/spa fun. Looking forward to 2 massages (one each day) and a pedicure. Then lots of walking around and eating Will hit the pool and hot tub too. Just a relaxing no big plan getaway.

Now to get rolling on some house chores!

Have a great day everyone!
    Skippy, harbie, Purdee and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wind action yesterday was perfect for the laundry drying outdoors. Today, I thought a rainstorm was imminent before 7:30am but it was just a darkened sky and tons of wind. Kind of cold start today.

Garbage crew showed up by 8:30am for a change!

Last night I did a walk to Giant Tiger and Dollarama to see if the Pepsi contest bottles for 591ml bottles were stocked but they are not in. Did spot a Pepsi Throwback case at Giant Tiger ($6.97, with one case left at back of bottom shelf) and bought one. Have noticed this particular pop has not been in Walmart and Food Basics in recent weeks so that was a find for me. Stepped into Value Village as it was night before today's Senior's Day and noticed an improvement in the short sleeved blouse selection but prices are kind of high. Also someone tagged a white sleep top as a blouse...(err the inside tag said Intimates, so clue?).

Not thrilled with clothing selection at GIant Tiger but did see a purse tote marked down and will wait to see if price and product change in early July. No funds for any impulse buys for last 10 days of June.

Alberta-#spwinter hit hard this week? I could not believe the mounds of snow in a video on the Weather Network app on the tv. Hard to believe a snowfall hit that hard in June.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DS 2 had an amazing PCO offer for 10000 PCO when you make two gas purchases, so DH and and both filled up. He uses the points to buy lunch when he works the 8.5 hour shift. I was even able to show him how to do a points enquiry as he thought he had his MC linked. We fixed that and they quickly gave him the points.
    We spent the evening power washing the desk. It’s the composite so it really shows the dirt imo. It looks great now and ds2 put it all back together.
    ds1 FaceTimed on the weekend so he could chat with his grandfather. He is loving it and learning lots and in 5 weeks we will drive out to see him.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Have not been on for a few days as I have been trying to focus on myself. Although I started to feel better on Sunday, Monday was a whole new day and I did not feel sick but I was super tired and had a headache I just could not shake which was not good as I had to head out of town for work.

Monday morning I went into our local branch and did all my colour printing as I had to print over 100 pages in colour. Once done I headed out of town to work with a staff member. I got through the day but when my day was done I was done.

I had planned to do a little shopping as there was a Dollarama and Giant Tiger close to my hotel, my plan had been to walk to these stores to get out and get some fresh air but that was not happening. Instead, I just walked to a restaurant that was 2 plazas over grabbed some dinner which I took back to the hotel.

Yesterday I was still out of town but was done early so I got to head back and got home late afternoon. I still had a horrible headache last night so I just got my work done and went to bed.

I am feeling much better today and it is a work-from-home day which is exactly what I need right now. Going to get my work done and I still need to finish putting the basement back together. The freezer is back where it should be and the floor is clean but now we need to move the other stuff back. But before we move it back I want to go through it and see if it is stuff we need to keep or if is it just stuff in our basement.

Happy Wednesday
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Jun 21st, 2023 at 10:19 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quiet day in the thread...perhaps everyone is busy enjoying the weather or laying low like me...humidity is really doing a number on me even with very short times outside and air conditioner on inside.Starting to realize that one needs protein to counteract their heart from speeding up which it may do more in this weather.
    Thankful on days like this to have leftovers that don't take much time nor effort.Bonus some stuff tastes better with age!
    Not much in the way of shopping lately as using up whatever is already bought.Like most, trying to watch my spending and every bit helps.
    Got our gas line installed last week, now awaiting new furnace installation sometime.
    Hope everyone is doing as best they can.Take life one day/hour/minute at a time whatever works best for you!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Very quiet here today.

My day did not go as planned but what is new, that is just my life.

I think we really were trying to break the system today at work and we gave it a good shot, but you know what every once in a while I enjoy a day like this. It just shows me all the joys of my job and makes the day go by quickly. I just realized I started writing a 1-month Challenge at 7:30 this morning, it is now 5 pm and all I got done was the title 1-Month Challenge. Guess I will be tackling that tomorrow instead.

I started looking at the flyers when I needed breaks today, I do not see much yet but I always start at the store I rarely shop and work my way to the stores I shop at regularly. Never know what you will find. Hoping for some good produce finds.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Skippy -not lying low this morning we stained half our deck ,will do the rest on thursday morning .So glad hubby and i will be done before july hits.
    Let me tell you this has been a back breaking job for us in our 60's.

Watched the girls tonight first stopped at fortinos and grabbed a bit of fruit cherries, gave half to the granddaughters,1/2 price mixed green salad good til friday (gave some to daughter-in-law)3.00,fresh ontario strawberries 3.99 limit 2 sign said.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I really hope you can find some kind of balance @SassyAshley and hopefully feel better.
    @Skippy protein and iron can cause heartbeat irregularities so always be aware of those levels. Humidity wouldn’t help either.

We have had cold and rainy weather here lately and the only humidity we had was this afternoon when after the rain the sun finally came out!

Crazy busy working here and after working we hit the gym and I’ve been upping my running game since I don’t ride my bike in the rain.

Making dinner shortly and getting ready for work tomorrow and off to bed. It’s been an energy filled day.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I received an anticipated invitation to a wedding in B.C. so have started to look for flights. It will be a spendy trip but this will be worth it.
    Life is rather calm at the moment which is good because work is busy. I am managing to finish by 5 most days so that’s a good thing.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today finished the deck of staining it ,hubby was up early at 7.30 to do it.just need to find a day with no rain to put the sealer on it.

So i went and watched the girls tonight ,i even played skipping with them and nana did one skip (they were amazed).So much fun playing with them .Ashlyn takes piano lessons and has a keyboard ,so she was playing "you are my sunshine"and i was singing along =memories .

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information