User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@harbie wow what beautiful photos from your vacation. Glad you had a wonderful time.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My dental stuff started yesterday. I found out I now also need gum surgery (periodontists are expensive). Not happy but it is what it is.

I was so preoccupied with the dental stuff that I ran over my electric cord while cutting the grass. Ugh!

Today I am going to the Y to my hydrotherapy class, and stopping in at Canadian Tire to see what their tomato plants cost. I have 20x the points on plants with my CT card.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So went to the doctor today ,he wants me on omega 3 pills and chia seeds once a day in a glass of water.The new pills i am on seem to be working okay.
    He is sending me for a test due to family history and more blood work end of july .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    So went to the doctor today ,he wants me on omega 3 pills and chia seeds once a day in a glass of water.
    Side effects may include growths sprouting along the hairline.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! Heads up to those who may have breathing problems/allergies as that forest fire smoke is present here in my part of southern Ontario/GTA.
    I do enjoy campfires and the memories they evoke but this stuff is much stronger so I'm unable to stay out too long.
    Dunno if I asked this before so bear with me if I have.Is there a specific day/time that one finds reduced stuff at the store or in your experience is it just hit or miss?
    TIA
    Managed to get shopping done Sunday (which I'm starting to think may be the busiest day at RCSS) and the balance last night for which I'm thankful as need to maintain low profile outside with the smoke.
    Whatever you may find yourself up to today take good care of yourselves and those you love.Blessings my friends!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Just took DS to CT and Rona. He needed an air filter and spark plug for our lawnmower. Its working great now.
    I like him tinkering on stuff like this in the garage and he enjoys it.
    Now he can cut the grass
    You just reminded me that the lawnmower's foam has not been washed and dried in a couple of years and given the recent pollen clouds, that is a must do item this week. Tomorrow, then. I am not aware of any air filter on the push mower but I did remind Bro of some extra tractor parts in the basement for the Craftsman machine. Might be time to get them out to the mini barn so he uses them.

Meanwhile, I still have not found that second tractor key on the blue D-ring -it's going on 2 years now! #Mystery
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Skippy I have noticed that Fortinos usually has their reduced produce out by 11am on the racks. Sunday mornings can be busy at the racks.
    Reduced bakery seems more about the items they bake at the store whereas any No Name sliced sandwich loaves on 50% off are usually on their regular product shelves (for some reason, this is the thing for a few months now-even noticing loaves seems to be thawing from frozen sometimes???)
    My local store has a clearance cart or two by pharmacy, one by shipping doors near one dairy case/organic dairy (usually personal care and baby items) and another clearance bookcase at the other end of dairy (food items, seasonal things) and sometimes random shopping carts (say near the dairy or freezer cases or in the frozen foods aisle) filled with chips and Pur popcorn on clearance (I got two of the Pur Popcorn this morning).

I was in the store and noticed how the pharmacy clearance cart seems to have had a few new things added but about every 2-3 weeks, some stock gets "disappeared" while other things like preemie diapers have been on the clearance shelves for at least 3 months+.

The pollen and hazy smoke were a bother yesterday. I did not realize the smoke was an issue as first I thought a resident with an asphalt business was heating up tar but the odour did not seem specific to their property. I had to close windows on one side of the house, the smell was so strong. Had to leave other windows open during cooking as the steam buildup was an issue.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Jun 6th, 2023 at 12:44 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

ventured into Costco the other day just after they opened - only because I had the day off plus i'm used to waking up at 6am for work so there's no such thing as sleeping in on my days off.
    anyway, they had $5 off boneless pork should blade, found the cheapest one that was just over $15, i forgot to check the unit price to compare to other stores but we needed meal ideas so i got it anyway
    then as we browsed through the produce, 5lb bag of red skin potatoes for $1.99 so i got a bag.
    Sliced up the pork and marinated them in two large containers. Hubby is in charge of making potato salad. I'll be "bbq" the marinated pork and make a dry noodle dish.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    The smoke has moved in here. I did not notice it when I headed out to the branch this morning or even when I got there but partway through the day I went to walk to the other end of the building and it hit me. Right away my eyes were burning, I became congested and oh the headache just hit like a ton of bricks. At first, I wasn't sure if it was the wildfires or if someone close by was burning something (we have farms in the area that are known to have large fires in their fields), it is the wildfires.

Oh goody, now they are cutting our grass, wow my allergies are going to hate me today. One of my biggest allergens is grass, anytime I complain about my allergies my doc asks me if I have been around grass which he knows I have.

Spent the morning in the branch and now I am working from home for the rest of the day. Looks like some things are moving along which means I have a bunch of stuff I need to work through get approval for and all of those fun things. But I will admit, I am struggling with focus today, I did not sleep well last night, my neighbours kept waking me up which is making this afternoon a bit of a struggle but I will push through.

We did not use the rice for dinner last night as we had someone in to look at our hot water tank and we are now waiting on a quote. Learned last night that on average a Hot Water tank has a life expectancy of 10 to 12 years, mine is 18 years old. I have a number in my head and am hoping I am close. Although I learned our Hot Water tank is not installed correctly, they did not install a valve to drain the tank. So maybe we will have the Rice tonight as I have no ideas for dinner right now.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Sorry you have these dental bills @barbis9 . Even though Dh has insurance it’s still big $$$$ and I still have 2 crowns and a new night guard to get done. By the time it’s all said and done ( previous work included) it’s over 3k. It’s ridiculous but then again what isn’t ridiculously expensive nowadays.
    @coupon girl I love chia seeds! I put them in my oatmeal every morning as well as hemp hearts which are a great source of omegas that vegans use, plus it’s great protein. Maybe you could just add the chia seeds to your meal instead of drinking it. It gels up quickly so it can be harder to get it down before it gets too much.
    @Skippy I wish I new the secret to my store’s markdowns. They must do them since I see all these couponers on instagram posting ridiculous deals. Guess I’m too busy working to get the deals
    @SassyAshley , I feel your pain with allergies and forest fires. We’re starting to get a bit of a haze from the fire on the island and I think there’s 2 out in the Fraser Valley. Thankfully it’s not too bad….yet. Last year was BRUTAL.

I contacted Silk regarding some lumpy Nextmilk so they are sending out a coupon. I actually hope it’s more than one as compensation but we will see.

Did a short 7km ride tonight since it was still a bit too hot and we were hungry after work.

Have a great night everyone

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I need to know why raspberries have surpassed the speed of bananas on how quickly they turn the minute you get them home!? I make sure to check that they are very firm when I buy them and yet within 2 days the berries on the bottom of those wee shallow 170 gram trays are mushy! We eat lots of berries, all kinds, every day. Sales can be few and far between, often the ones we don't need restocking of are the ones on sale that week....figures. Just a small rant.
    We dislike freezing any of the berries, prefer them fresh only.
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jun 7th, 2023 at 12:08 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I need to know why raspberries have surpassed the speed of bananas on how quickly they turn the minute you get them home!? I make sure to check that they are very firm when I buy them and yet within 2 days the berries on the bottom of those wee shallow 170 gram trays are mushy! We eat lots of berries, all kinds, every day. Sales can be few and far between, often the ones we don't need restocking of are the ones on sale that week....figures. Just a small rant.
    We dislike freezing any of the berries, prefer them fresh only.
    Ive been washing the berries and adding a paper towel to the container to collect moisture. Seems to be working for us lately.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Hump day! We made it to the middle of the week. We have sunshine here to start the day. Not sure what rest of the day will bring (I don't even look most days just take it as it comes)

Dropping DS off at work now and then back home to make breakfast and clean the kitchen.

Will figure out what shall be tackled today!

Have a fantastic day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie they are ground black chia seeds i got from prada brand on sale 7.20 at goodness me ,so not that bad i put it in my last sip of tea this morning.

Walkonby -i add a small piece of paper towel to my berries also like frugalbigmama.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Harbie they are ground black chia seeds i got from prada brand on sale 7.20 at goodness me ,so not that bad i put it in my last sip of tea this morning.

Walkonby -i add a small piece of paper towel to my berries also like frugalbigmama.
    Smart idea putting it in your last sip!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information