User Tag List

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Cloudy start to the morning.

Dinner last night was pasta. Kitchen was cleaned after so was nice that is was still clean this morning!

Youngest is going car shopping with Dad today so hopefully they come home with smiles and a plan to pick one up later this week

Tonight's plan- Not sure yet. Don't want to set myself up for failure Will see what gets done once home from work.

Have a fantastic day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tis the season of low gas (Enbridge house heating) bills! So nice to have such a low bill!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where did Mother Nature find her super-soaker rain clouds? I could not believe how much rain fell overnight from Sunday into early Monday morning then more rain came. The mature trees probably needed all that rain and some crops in farmers' fields too.

More rain is in the forecast this week so I may be offline until Saturday (Friday, HPL locations are closed for a staff professional development day). Next week is going to be hot again...thinking water enhancers need purchasing this weekend (and they are much lighter than pop bottles to carry home). I have a headache developing around my temples for the past half hour.

Had to get some bus fares loaded onto my Presto card and return/buy two items at a grocery store. Have just enough cash in my account to cover the June bank fee. Some of the produce at home is turning pretty darn quickly if left on the kitchen counter. I remembered the half bunch of celery left a week ago in the fridge and washed/trimmed/cut it while waiting for my breakfast noodles to cook.

I posted the Scene+ pts offer at Sobeys for this week's gift cards (including Hudson's Bay!) in the Gift Card Deals thread. Sorry for not getting posted it last week!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and happy Wednesday!

We have sunshine and clouds but no rain so hopefully it turns into a nice day.

DS decided on a vehicle yesterday! Taking it to be checked out today and then if all is good hopefully he will be able to pick up on Friday.
    I'm so excited for him!

Well off to get this work day done! Enjoy the day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Was working in a branch yesterday and the plan was to shop after work. Nope, mid-afternoon, a massive headache, came on so fast that I started to feel light-headed and nauseous. Luckily I was feeling better by the time I left work but I just did not have it in me to shop. Will look at the preview of the flyers and see if there is anything I need today but hoping to hold off and just go tomorrow.

Did not get anything done around the house when I got home, had dinner and I was done for the night, just laid on the couch until I went to bed.

Now my kitchen is a disaster so will need to tackle that today. The dishwasher was run Monday night but not emptied so all the dishes are on the counter waiting.

Slowly trying to tackle all of the things.

Happy Wednesday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Thanks for the tip barbis ,but we are happy with our credit card ,dont wish to get anymore but thanks.Can you do the points transfer if you dont have a cell phone or not,is it like p.c points were you can save them for the following week.?
    @coupongirl you can transfer offers on the website, but you can't save them for the following week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found a pair of new underwear and socks scattered on the ground as I walked past a Walmart. Guess someone stole them and just discarded them. Oh, well. They fit me.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Found a pair of new underwear and socks scattered on the ground as I walked past a Walmart. Guess someone stole them and just discarded them. Oh, well. They fit me.
    @HermanH you just may happen to be the most frugal frugalist of anyone around here!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Rain is back again today, I realised this when I was halfway through my walk awhile ago and got wet.Ar least I'm no longer hot just soggy..
    Got the gas line installed this morning of course they came unannounced.Thankfully they didn't do much damage to DW' garden area.
    My shopping highlight this last week was Kellogg's snacks @$1.25/box after coupons and bonus PC points. Rarely buy the stuff as would rather eat healthier but nothing wrong with spoiling yourself every now and then! I believe moderation is the key.
    Haven't looked at next week's flyers as riding with laptop rather than smartphone which I may have done something with!
    Anyhow enjoy the rest of our day and week my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    My shopping highlight this last week was Kellogg's snacks @$1.25/box after coupons and bonus PC points. Rarely buy the stuff as would rather eat healthier but nothing wrong with spoiling yourself every now and then! I believe moderation is the key.
    I used to think that cereal was a nice, safe, and nutritious snack; that was until I read the ingredients to learn the incredible amount of sugar in every portion. Even the seemingly innocuous Cheerios were loaded. I guess I could always resort to steel-cut oats.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@HermanH you just may happen to be the most frugal frugalist of anyone around here!
    Aw, shucks. I try to pinch a penny hard enough to give Queen Elizabeth or King Charles a headache.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I want to share my experience at the local rcss this afternoon. I know other Smartcanuckers would understand. I was at the checkout till and the cashier was very efficient with the coupons. I had 6 coupons. She had to read and check them but she was fast and was on the last coupon. There were other open checkouts and a man came with a few items (less than 5). The lane I was in was not an express lane, in fact, it was 2 to last lane. This man made a comment along the line of what a waste of time to save a few pennies. I turned to him and said "Sir, a few pennies may not mean anything to you but to me, it means a lot." Then he put his head on the conveyor belt and made a fake cry. I stopped putting away my groceries and walked to him but kept 6 feet apart (a habit since Covid started). I said loudly: at least I'm on on the street begging for monies or be a burden to the society. I was gonna go on. But at this point, the cashier was done scanning his items and he had to pay. He put up his hands and said ok, ok. So I backed off and returned to my groceries. He paid, grabbed his items and hurried out of the store.
    I used $18 in coupons. Redeemed 100K in points and got back 20K in points.
    I could have said f-you, it's none of your business or why don't you pick a different lane. But my parents taught me better. I kept my cool. The last time I had someone complained about me using coupons was a Walmart cashier, before I left I politely told her (sarcastically) that I hope one day I can be like her and not having to have to use coupons. The cashier was older and looks like she should be enjoying her retirement but she's working at WM.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

That’s a little too frugal for me

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Purdee for you! Seriously I will never understand people. Some can be such idiots! I’m not able to use as many coupons now since we’re vegan and I’ve yet to find coupons for lettuce but when I can find some for non dairy milk, creamer or ice cream I use them and do it proudly. If people are dumb enough to spend more $$$ then they need to (whether they have lots of money or not) is just ridiculous. You showed more restraint than I would have.

Nice savings

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    I could have said f-you, it's none of your business or why don't you pick a different lane. But my parents taught me better. I kept my cool. The last time I had someone complained about me using coupons was a Walmart cashier, before I left I politely told her (sarcastically) that I hope one day I can be like her and not having to have to use coupons.
    What is with people and their opinions, anyway? What a bunch of sanctimonious and self-important fools who think that they somehow know better and their urge to spread their ignorance. Everyone has their opinions, but most have the good grace to not share them, especially when they are unwanted. I think most folks on this forum do not spend their time at the cashier aisle pointing out how much other customers could have saved if they used price-match, coupons, or rebate services. Ha-ha, you guys are 'suckers with too much money!' No, we just keep any opinions to ourselves. Sure, we might have those thoughts, but why say something that helps no one?

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    If people are dumb enough to spend more $$$ then they need to (whether they have lots of money or not) is just ridiculous. You showed more restraint than I would have.
    Much more restraint than I would have shown, too.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information