User Tag List

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: June 2023 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

finally used up the gift card i got from the local safeway's grand re-opening; on that day they handed out $10 gift card to the first 50 customers and i was able to get 1.
    today i bought eggs 18s $4.99 and a 454g butter $4.99.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Purdee your sc name should be SAVVYPURDEE lol!!! Nice free stuff on the GC!

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not the day I expected.

We lost power twice this morning. We originally lost power well it was still bright and sunny, it was off for about 5 to 10 minutes and came back on, I went to check on my laundry which finished before the power went out. I was switching it over and just put the last thing in the dryer and it went out again. This time for about 45 minutes, during this time serious thunderstorms rolled in.

I sat here by the glow of my laptop thinking dang it, all my files are on the server because I switched laptops so I could not even access any of the files because I had no internet. I tried to hotspot off my phone just to get my files but the signal was so weak with the storm it did not work.

Since I got my internet back I have been chasing problems all afternoon so not getting done what I had planned but it is what it is. Might try to knock a few things out now that everyone else is done for the day and I can focus.

Laundry is done, couch blankets are done but the couches did not get vacuumed and I did not get the microfibre cloths done but there is always tomorrow.

The storms here were wild, they blew in super fast and were super strong. I had the windows open trying to air out the house, I love my AC but I find the house gets so stuffy so I was airing out the house when it blew in and the back part of my house was completely soaked. So there I was with the flashlight on my phone trying to clean up all the water. The winds were so strong there was some dirt on the screen in my bathroom I had not cleaned up and it blew off the screen and onto my shower curtain.

Our neighbour called as we were making dinner, she has flooded again. I took a look in our basement and could not find any water *fingers-crossed*. She said this is the 3rd time she flooded, the second time since they did the repairs.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Well, just found out we have a $1500 car repair bill . It’s that always the way it goes? You go in for a simple job and have them “check” something only to find a bigger issue. Oh well. What can you do? In the end we technically should have had the struts done at 200,000km at best and now we’re over 350,000 km on the original ones when we bought the car new. That is why I’m so glad we live within our means and save when we can.

The week can only get better from here out…….

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@harbie I feel the automotive pain. I did my tie rods three mints ago but the weird noise came back so this time it went the dealer and it was my struts and brakes needed attention. Because my car can sit for days at a time the brakes need to be sanded due to rust, $1700.00 later it’s all good. This is the 1st repair of this size and it’s 9 yrs old with 190000 km and another trip to Nova Scotia coming up so I don’t feel this was too bad.
    it’s breezy here so the AC is off and windows open.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Hey ladies! That's the same club I'm in!! There are no annual fees to be a member BUT they DING you all at once when you go in for JUST an oil change. @lilo0003 and @harbie ....nice to see you here. Sorry, NOT nice, but I sure get it. DH often wonders why I am in a sour mood whenever I return from taking the vehicle in.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@lilo0 03 yikes. Like you I can’t really complain since we have a 2011 Jetta TDI and at 350,000km, road trips to Arizona, the Kootenays, the island it’s only had 1 timing belt (should’ve been 2), front breaks that we paid for (dealership messed up and accidentally did them when we went in for the whole Diesel Gate fiasco). This car has been incredible.
    @walkonby Dh heard the noise when he did a hard left but I never heard it and yes I do turn left . He knew it was most likely the struts but secretly hoping it wasn’t. Oh well, that’s why we save $ and live within our means.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are on the last couple student days of the school year. I have not been contacted by any of the school divisions that would give me the opportunity to move back home. My current principal is still trying to fill vacant teaching positions at this small town school for the new school year. We had an important staff meeting yesterday after work, where we all received our new teaching assignments for the fall…which might still change some depending on who he hires. I’m teaching primarily courses that I’ve taught in the past, which means there should be a lot less prep work for me in the coming school year. In theory, I should be able to have a better work/life balance next school year. I should be able to go home to my family most weekends and not feel like I live at this school. I am also hoping to use the school’s workout room more often too. I’ve intentionally lost 8lbs so far.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Rainy day here this morning. The gardens are loving it!

Office day for me so plan on catching up on some stuff that is just easier to deal with in the office. Brought my lunch so I can heat that up when I am hungry.
    Heading straight home after work today so $0 spend day.

Dinner last night was taco salad and I was either really really hungry or it was the best one ever! So so good! Pretty sure that is my choice for dinner again tonight. (Cooked up stuff yesterday for many meal ideas so we can just eat when we get home since it's the season for golf )

Tonight- Will put away the laundry I hung up to dry yesterday. Deal with the pile of odd socks. And clean off my portable table in the spare room and start pulling some things to post for sale.

Have a great day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So far so light rain here this morning but they are calling for Thunderstorms to start any time now. Really hoping we do not lose power again.

I have my bedding in the wash now, will see if Mom wants her done once she gets up.

Feels like there are a lot of little things that need to be tackled so will try to knock those out during the day when I need breaks from work.

Pushing through all the work things, we have a few changes coming July 1st so I need to make sure we are ready to roll out.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

lol @walkonby I guess it’s the price of a safe car. I can’t really complain as my 20 yr old son told me what the issues were before I went in and then reviewed the bill and said they did not upsell me. I was able to tell them the issues and I am sure they were like want the heck. Having a mechanic for a son would be helpful except I am moving out of the province just as he finishes the program.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Playing catch up here now. It was a pamper me day getting a full on cut and colour ( beautiful highlights!! ) she used so many foil papers. After the salon I hit NF to grab 5 pkgs. of the Schneider's brand of All Beef hot dogs. They did not have any of the coupons that @lotsasavings had alerted us about anywhere near the meats so I asked the manager.
    Out of luck, he said of course they don't put them up, a person comes in to do that. No matter, that sale price was incentive enough for me to make the trip over.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@harbie and @lilo0003 ouch I feel your pain. Now I'm getting nervous as I need to take my truck in for an oil change. Hopefully it will be just that.

Woke up with a nasty headache at 9 this morning, and went back to bed till 3pm. I feel better now, and think it was from the barometric pressure change. Tomorrow we are getting a air pollution warning of 9 from the forest fires. I hope it clears up as I love to keep the windows open as much as possible in the summer.

Just read a report that the three big grocery companies have reported increased profits of 50% over the last four years. Grrrr. that should be criminal. Food shopping used to be my favourite pastime but not anymore. Each time I buy groceries I get depressed. I bought 4 bosch pears that cost just over $6 at Food Basics. As a fruit lover, I'm getting concerned.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The crazy thing for me is that I can find meat cheaper than fruit and vegetables.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had a very fun evening at my girlfriends ,we had fruit and cheese tray plus she dyed my hair .I find it so hard to dye my own hair so i asked her if she would and she said no problem .Got home at 9.00.p.m ,so relaxed.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information