User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: July 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Popped out to Canadian Tire so stopped in RCSS on way home. Picked up cherries ($1.99 Lb) and 4 of the PC ice cream for $3.99 each and received 2000 PC Pts on each. DS will be stocked up for awhile since he doesn't eat it as much as he use to.

Now to tackle some things on the to do list!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am so disappointed, it’s another rainy day so 3 out of4 days off were raining. I did manage to finish another book. But no laundry has been done as I refuse to use the dryer in the summer.
    I think will spend the day cleaning the bathroom closet as it’s been annoying me and I am on a use it up mission again.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

lol! @Frugalbigmama I also grabbed my hubby 2 tubs of that ice cream for the points, he should NOT even be eating ice cream but I figured 2 tubs should last him 2 months? ( hope so )
    All the extra produce ( fruit and veg ) I bought to serve at the BBQ on Sunday worked out great. Happy to see nearly all the melons and most of the grapes were eaten. We have a surplus of berries but between the 3 of us we'll make 'em disappear fast!
    Aw rats to the wet weather for your long weekend @lilo0003 . It often feels like Mother Nature has our number and dials it too often.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Baked a 20-pound brisket. Mmmm, for the month.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i popped over to dollarama spent $35.00,got a lovely sun/moon tin decoration for my beautifull back deck,plus various other stuff.

Then into sobeys for a few specials
    (2) villagio bread 2/5.00-1.50 in pellies=3.50 or 1.75 each (someone peeled all the pellies off except i found 2 not nice at all)
    lays family chips were 1.99 with scene card
    salad 4.99-2.00 reduced sticker =2.99
    corn was .49 for 4=1.96
    watermelon 4 slices $3.20
    magnum ice cream 4.99-100 scene points=3.99 for those hot days of summer!

Used 20.00 up in scene points .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm working in the office tomorrow so I just made food to bring.
    Breakfast is overnight oats. Lunch is a Greek Salad (which included lettuce I grew!) with 2 boiled eggs. Snack - fresh cherries Good balance I think?

Not much got done today Visited with a friend and we went for a drive to a town near us. Lots of traffic out and about.

I need cantaloupe! Miss having it for an evening snack Will have to PM at No Frills since they didn't look good at FB or RCSS

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend and now a short week!
    My PSA for the day is be mindful of the humidity out there and if venturing out check it before rather than after you go out unlike some of us! Please pardon my parenting which I still sometimes do to my kids.
    Offer a cold drink to others as @Ciel21 has mentioned before.
    Outta here as awaiting my home internet to be rejigged.
    Be the blessing you would have others be to you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fresh cherries are real treats in this heat, if the fruits are stored in the fridge crisper! Mom bought a bag on the weekend-we had some of the cherries on the day of purchase, then I tucked the bag into a crisper. Yesterday I took more cherries out and they were so good cold!

We also had a canteloupe that Mom cut up-it was a bit overripe as fruit was beginning to mush. But another good hot weather treat. There are no icy treats in the freezer but I am keeping up with making ice cubes.

Sunday-super soaker rains. Watched Youtube. Saturday night-one neighbour must have had a fireworks machine that let 4-5 fireworks off at a time. Sounds were deafening and I rushed to close the fully open windows that Bro left around the house. Last night, another neighbour had a fireworks show but it's against the local bylaw...

I managed a 7pm walk to check on my account (no windfalls, alas) and get a second Mio water enhancer due to the extreme heat alert for parts of Ontario. Fruit punch flavour! I'm almost out of the lemonade flavour.

So glad I had bus fare this morning to ride to the library. Have one more fare left for the ride home because I am liking the a/c here (but am cold!) and am catching up on my Internet list.
    Tomorrow is GST/grocery rebate deposit day-no major spree planned but a large item may be purchased if there are no surprise fees.

My walking shoes are looking a bit shabby what with seams letting go around the forefeet. I could use a pair of slides or slip-on canvas shoes. My knees want arch support for the feet and the cane needs a new rubber "foot". Next week, I will be looking online for those things.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mapleview Centre is offering a ticketed 30-min teach children to garden session ($20/ticket; you get $10 back in a gift card for the mall) for this Wed and Thursday, if that helps caregivers with "what to do" with kids this week! https://www.mapleviewcentre.com/even...ini-gardeners/
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Popped over to walmart this morning scooped cookies saved $2.29,plus got pringles for 2/5.00-1.50 cpn=.99 each ,strawberries 1.64 and clearance yogurt 11 one missing one crushed $1.36,dove body wash oatmeal 6.88-4.65 caddle =2.88 for a larger one ,2 shiriff lemon pie filling 2 in a box $3.67-1.00 caddle=2.67

Found a lovely top penmans 15.00 sleeveless for this hot summer last one in my size.

Now in as i was chatting with my neighbour for a bit.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good afternoon.

Had to take my bike in for a tune up and I need a handlebar extension. It’s just a tad to low for me. So I rode the 8km to the shop this morning and Dh met me there with the car. It was not necessarily super hot but it was very warm and humid. Yuck, but I did it. Dh will ride his down this afternoon and I’ll catch a ride with my dad down and we will ride home together. Hoping it won’t be too hot/humid. The temp was already 28.5 at 10:30 am so I’m a bit nervous.

We stopped by Costco and did our long overdue stock up. $234.71 later . A lot but needed to be done.

Yesterday Dh and I went to a couple of local farm stands. $50 for a ton of Okanagan cherries (4.99/lbs), potatoes, Russian garlic, blueberries, raspberries, jalapeño, peas, green onions and more garlic scapes. Plus got a FREE bag of potatoes at one place that I spent $2.37 and got an over $5 bag for free.

I made garlic scape salt with my own scapes earlier but I thought I’d make more since it’s soooo good and I have no scapes left.

I have an oddly short work week so I’ll be catching up on some deep cleaning/organizing and meal planning.

Stay cool and hydrated!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Did the 8km ride home this afternoon and it was only 33.5 degrees . That was a doozy!

Made Greek pasta salad and bean burger patties. Simple and delicious.

Now to get ready for work tomorrow

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Did the 8km ride home this afternoon and it was only 33.5 degrees . That was a doozy!

Made Greek pasta salad and bean burger patties. Simple and delicious.

Now to get ready for work tomorrow
    Sounds like we are experiencing the exact same heatwave here! I decided to BBQ last night instead of cooking in the kitchen and it actually felt like a bit of a breeze while sitting outside in the shade which was nice.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! Another hot day here. Waiting for DS to leave for work and then I will start laundry. Hanging to dry as soon as washer is done.

Have mushrooms to use up so thinking an omlette for breakfast with a piece of rye toast. Then will clean up the kitchen.

Once the laundry is hung up to dry then I will have a shower. Not planning on getting much done today. Thinking a drive after work to use free slot play offer and a free dinner should be the plan. Will bring DS home a free meal. No cooking for us
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Tragedy here as my beloved toaster oven died on the weekend. I had planned to replace it with a Breville air fryer toaster combo but it appears they no longer make this as it’s now a combo with a microwave. So I am thinking a cuisinart combo. In the meantime no toast here.
    Hubby and the younger son spent the day golfing. It was a work event for DH and they came home not hungry so I had some leftover pasta salad. I love easy meals and it did not require any energy.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information