User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: July 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @HermanH congrats on your find! woo-hoo! And here I was excited to find a toonie.
    Score! Better than a penny!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I managed to find sale slides at Sportchek but have to pay for shipping as local stores don't have slides in stock.
    There ends the OTB buying spree! Have to wait for Friday to buy groceries or any sale clothing!

The sky in Ancaster is still humid and hot and sunny but there are some gray tones developing in the distance. i better take the bus home in the next 30 minutes! It will be time to make more ice cubes when I get home.
    At least I did think to buy some Perrier last night.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@HermanH and @barbis9 you both did better than me. I was over the moon finding a loonie on our bike ride yesterday and double backing to get it .

I really hope you’re feeling better @barbis9. Dental surgery is awful. Sending speedy healing vibes your way along with some flowers.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Nothing exciting here. Still have my headache from yesterday . The last few days have been a bit rough. Mentally I’m a bit down. It happens when “anniversaries” come around of some sad times and unfortunately that’s what’s happening now. I know it will ease but it just sucks sometimes.

It doesn’t help that I was all set to make blueberry muffins with some on the 10lb flat I bought from a local farmer, only to find out I’m short on non dairy milk . I mean everything was measured and the oven was preheated. Grrrrrrrr! I normalized check things before and I thought I had.

I think I’m going to lay down on the couch for a bit. Maybe that’ll help my head and my heart .

Enjoy your day and stay cool and dry today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ordered shorts $17.10 from the gap for hubby today and boxers from old navy 50% off-had a code for 10% off and free shipping over $25.Even in walmart their shorts are 29.99,so a deal from the gap.

I wondered where my beach towels were as i looked for them and realized that i left them in collingwood last year in the dryer along with my bathing suit on the door knob.uggggg

My daughter-in-law gave me a bag of her clothing to donate ,i got a free tank top to sleep in xl canada flags on it,a bit big on me but for bed it is good.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jul 11th, 2023 at 07:35 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I managed to get 3 loads of laundry dried before the skies opened up. It meant a change in dinner plans so we used up all the leftovers so that was a win. DS1 called while he was cooking dinner for my brother and sister in law. He has been doing a good number of the meals and I know they are enjoying it. I suspect he will be back in October unless they can convince him to stay on over the winter. Such a good kid, he called his grandfather yesterday and is calling his gramma (my mom) tonight.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

this evening we decided to go for a drive, pick up some mcd nuggets for our girls and redeem my circle k wins. Stopped at circle k first, i took my 7 yrs old inside with me while my hubby waited in the car with our 4 yrs old. We redeemed for 2 coke bottles and 1 reeses. Before we left the store, i gave 1 coke and the reeses to my girl and told her to give them to the man sitting on the sidewalk outside the store and wish him a good evening. She did just that and he smiled and thanked us. We drove to mcd and at the pick up window the manager asked us if we want a vanilla chai frappe (my husband's favorite) we said yes and he handed us a large vanilla chai frappe and the rest of our order which were nuggets for our girls and a large iced coffee for me

the best part was when we got back into the car, my 4 yrs old who was sitting in the back seat in the car with my hubby the whole time, said "that was very nice of you sissy" to her sister.
    Last edited by Purdee; Tue, Jul 11th, 2023 at 11:17 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Purdee , how nice of you and awesome that your kindness was rewarded with kindness or in this case a vanilla frappe.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Nice sunny not too hot start to the day!

I weeded a bit. Will continue during the day today to finish up. Dishes need to be washed as they didn't get touched yesterday.
    Going to grab my grocery bins from the car and use them to clean out the freeze on the bottom of the fridge. I will empty it completely and then give it a good wipe out. Then plan tonights dinner and then organize the rest with plans to use up over the next 2 weeks. Lasagna will be on the menu for sure one night as I know we have cottage cheese in there.

Hope you all have a great day!
    Skippy, harbie, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I love having an appliance guy I can trust. He came in pushed the start button and announced it was the motor. He said to replace the motor as this particular gas dryer is worth the repair and he fixed a few bearings at no charge. So for 350.00 I have a working dryer again.
    Skippy, harbie, Tweets77 and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning. We had rain through the night and the clouds are still out but the sun is trying to peak through.
    I want to putter in the garage later today so I am ok with rain.

Feeling tired today. Was confused this morning thinking it was Monday and I could hear the garbage truck and forgot to put out garbage lol
    I can't miss garbage pick up as it will deter my garage cleaning! An empty bin encourages me to fill it so can't wait till it it picked up on Monday.

The fridge freezer is nice and clean and organized and I see what we have to use up. I bought a fajita kit at Walmart yesterday for $3.77 so I will make that this morning. I thawed chicken overnight so everything is ready to go. Will make a pot of rice too so we can make rice bowls with the leftovers veggies/chicken. I think I will just have that instead of it in a wrap.

Thinking I will wash DS's bedding this morning for him. Then I can open the new pillows I bought at Costco on the weekend and give him a new one to try out.

Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I love having an appliance guy I can trust. He came in pushed the start button and announced it was the motor. He said to replace the motor as this particular gas dryer is worth the repair and he fixed a few bearings at no charge. So for 350.00 I have a working dryer again.
    Glad you were able to fix it!
    Years ago the stove stopped working. I googled it and a video said to take the back off and unplug it and give it a blow lol and then plug back in and it worked!!! Never had a problem since.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@lilo0003 and @Frugalbigmama you two had great results in not doling out for a new appliance!! fabulous. Love it when the Universe cuts us a break.
    I spent a few dollars at Amazon on the Prime Day event. ( first time ) I've not even glanced at these special savings days in the past, but this time I ended up
    ordering myself a smaller-ish treadmill. Now, no panic button hitting ladies, it is small! Supposed to arrive Monday, but we'll see if that happens.

The reason: I can no longer use my combo recumbent bike/elliptical machine due to my latest back situation. ( age deterioration, arthritic back ) , anyways
    the leaning back pose on the recumbent bike is detrimental to the spine area, puts pressure on it. If anything, I need to lean FORWARD while on a simple stationary bike.
    Then the elliptical is similar to a stair climber so my right knee with no cartilage left in it just loves that motion....NOT! lol
    The real problem will be who can I get to bring this monstrous machine up from the basement and out to the curb?
    DH's back at present is worse than mine and DS could never do this alone.

No matter, that will be a puzzle to solve another day. In the meantime I'm quite excited to try and walk slowly ( at my own snail's pace ) on this new machine.
    Right now I do NO walking so this could be the start of a beautiful friendship! Or I'll hang my shirts on it?? I hope not.

Name:  treadmill.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  73.0 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Jul 13th, 2023 at 10:12 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @lilo0003 and @Frugalbigmama you two had great results in not doling out for a new appliance!! fabulous. Love it when the Universe cuts us a break.
    I spent a few dollars at Amazon on the Prime Day event. ( first time ) I've not even glanced at these special savings days in the past, but this time I ended up
    ordering myself a smaller-ish treadmill. Now, no panic button hitting ladies, it is small! Supposed to arrive Monday, but we'll see if that happens.

The reason: I can no longer use my combo recumbent bike/elliptical machine due to my latest back situation. ( age deterioration, arthritic back ) , anyways
    the leaning back pose on the recumbent bike is detrimental to the spine area, puts pressure on it. If anything, I need to lean FORWARD while on a simple stationary bike.
    Then the elliptical is similar to a stair climber so my right knee with no cartilage left in it just loves that motion....NOT! lol
    The real problem will be who can I get to bring this monstrous machine up from the basement and out to the curb?
    DH's back at present is worse than mine and DS could never do this alone.

No matter, that will be a puzzle to solve another day. In the meantime I'm quite excited to try and walk slowly ( at my own snail's pace ) on this new machine.
    Right now I do NO walking so this could be the start of a beautiful friendship! Or I'll hang my shirts on it?? I hope not.

Name:  treadmill.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  73.0 KB
    Awesome! I think walking is great! I was just thinking this morning that I should use the treadmill today while watching a youtube video since it is raining out. (or its to hot out or whatever excuse lol)
    My BIL and sister had tenant move out years ago that left it behind and they offered it to me and I was so happy to take it. Use it more in the winter but now with the crazy weather I should just put it back in my weekly rotation.

FYI- I hate spin class! My friend loves it and I went with her once just to give it another try. Hate it!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Jul 13th, 2023 at 10:25 AM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    this evening we decided to go for a drive, pick up some mcd nuggets for our girls and redeem my circle k wins. Stopped at circle k first, i took my 7 yrs old inside with me while my hubby waited in the car with our 4 yrs old. We redeemed for 2 coke bottles and 1 reeses. Before we left the store, i gave 1 coke and the reeses to my girl and told her to give them to the man sitting on the sidewalk outside the store and wish him a good evening. She did just that and he smiled and thanked us. We drove to mcd and at the pick up window the manager asked us if we want a vanilla chai frappe (my husband's favorite) we said yes and he handed us a large vanilla chai frappe and the rest of our order which were nuggets for our girls and a large iced coffee for me

the best part was when we got back into the car, my 4 yrs old who was sitting in the back seat in the car with my hubby the whole time, said "that was very nice of you sissy" to her sister.
    @Purdee you warmed my heart,what a teachable moment you provided and what a great example for all concerned.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information