User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: July 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

@walkonby ... by DH took our old treadmill apart piece by piece and then got rid of it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @lilo0003 and @Frugalbigmama you two had great results in not doling out for a new appliance!! fabulous. Love it when the Universe cuts us a break.
    I spent a few dollars at Amazon on the Prime Day event. ( first time ) I've not even glanced at these special savings days in the past, but this time I ended up
    ordering myself a smaller-ish treadmill. Now, no panic button hitting ladies, it is small! Supposed to arrive Monday, but we'll see if that happens.

The reason: I can no longer use my combo recumbent bike/elliptical machine due to my latest back situation. ( age deterioration, arthritic back ) , anyways
    the leaning back pose on the recumbent bike is detrimental to the spine area, puts pressure on it. If anything, I need to lean FORWARD while on a simple stationary bike.
    Then the elliptical is similar to a stair climber so my right knee with no cartilage left in it just loves that motion....NOT! lol
    The real problem will be who can I get to bring this monstrous machine up from the basement and out to the curb?
    DH's back at present is worse than mine and DS could never do this alone.

No matter, that will be a puzzle to solve another day. In the meantime I'm quite excited to try and walk slowly ( at my own snail's pace ) on this new machine.
    Right now I do NO walking so this could be the start of a beautiful friendship! Or I'll hang my shirts on it?? I hope not.

Attachment 380552
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Productive Morning!

Lunch/Dinner ready to heat and eat! (chicken/rice and veggies (Green and red peppers/red onion, garlic and mushrooms)
    Kitchen clean.
    Walked on treadmill for 26 mins at high incline (While watching one of my youtubers)

It's cool out but not raining at the moment. Will have a shower soon and then head out downtown for a walk to get more steps in.
    And I think I will pop into the library. I haven't been there in years and want to get some books to enjoy in my down time.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to FB and bought strawberries and peppers. Keeping us ready with the fresh stuff.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good afternoon.

I have every other Thursday off so today is that day!

Up at the usual 4:45am and made Dh his favourite nooch pasta for his lunch, have done 3 loads of laundry ( still a couple more to go), froze and vac packed the last of the blueberries (kept a few for breakfast), made 2 batches of blueberry crumble muffins, did my 30 min hill run and added a 10 min hike and stretching to finish me off! It was rough but it was something I needed to help clear my mind.

The garden is watered and I pulled 1 garlic to see how it’s doing and it was beautiful and it was the smallest so I think they’re about ready soon . Dh and I are planning on riding tonight after he’s home and the sun goes down a bit.

Off to scan the flyers

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

What a day, DS2 passed his G2 so that alone was amazing, he is a mildly neurodivergent kid so test anxiety can really do him in, like any good mama I had all my fingers and toes crossed for him. Then to add to the day we did a virtual tour of a house that we thought was off the market and told the real estate agent to prepare an offer. My brother toured it for us and they said if this one was on the market last year it would have been their 1st choice so that really helped with my confidence around buying a house 1800 km away that I won’t live in full time for at least 2 years.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Thu, Jul 13th, 2023 at 09:57 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I finally got the free Amazon prime subscription in order to get a couple of deals on things I had been looking for. I find it confusing that so many prime tv shows require a second subscription in order to watch it. It feels like having basic cable tv and having to pay extra to watch the shows you want. Is there something that I’m missing?
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! We have sunshine! But pretty sure the forecast for the weekend is rain.

Its a putter in the garage kind of weekend. Plan is to toss crap and really post stuff for sale. Prefer online selling then a garage sale but may have to have a mini sale soon.

Working in the office today which is great to be able to leave stuff here and then I have a 4 day weekend .
    Didn't have a plan when I booked the time off months ago but I am happy to have it off.
    Will get stuff done around the house on the weekend and then thinking a little road trip leaving maybe Sunday. Will see what the weather plan is.
    There are a few hiking places want to check out.

Brought Cream of wheat, almond milk and fresh strawberries for breakfast.
    Rice and veggies for lunch. (someone ate all the chicken in the middle of the night...DS made chicken ceaser wraps

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@harbie thank you.
    On a positive note, I have lost 4 pounds! Better than getting the stomach flu.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Nothing exciting here. Still have my headache from yesterday . The last few days have been a bit rough. Mentally I’m a bit down. It happens when “anniversaries” come around of some sad times and unfortunately that’s what’s happening now. I know it will ease but it just sucks sometimes.

It doesn’t help that I was all set to make blueberry muffins with some on the 10lb flat I bought from a local farmer, only to find out I’m short on non dairy milk . I mean everything was measured and the oven was preheated. Grrrrrrrr! I normalized check things before and I thought I had.

I think I’m going to lay down on the couch for a bit. Maybe that’ll help my head and my heart .

Enjoy your day and stay cool and dry today.
    @harbie sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Hopefully your headache passes. Anniversaries are tough sometimes. Sending you positive thoughts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I love having an appliance guy I can trust. He came in pushed the start button and announced it was the motor. He said to replace the motor as this particular gas dryer is worth the repair and he fixed a few bearings at no charge. So for 350.00 I have a working dryer again.
    @lilo0003 great that its working again! I prefer repairing over replacing as stuff is getting worse quality wise. I dread the day when my Kenmore appliances die. Would you mind sharing the name of your trusted appliance guy via pm?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @lilo0003 and @Frugalbigmama you two had great results in not doling out for a new appliance!! fabulous. Love it when the Universe cuts us a break.
    I spent a few dollars at Amazon on the Prime Day event. ( first time ) I've not even glanced at these special savings days in the past, but this time I ended up
    ordering myself a smaller-ish treadmill. Now, no panic button hitting ladies, it is small! Supposed to arrive Monday, but we'll see if that happens.

The reason: I can no longer use my combo recumbent bike/elliptical machine due to my latest back situation. ( age deterioration, arthritic back ) , anyways
    the leaning back pose on the recumbent bike is detrimental to the spine area, puts pressure on it. If anything, I need to lean FORWARD while on a simple stationary bike.
    Then the elliptical is similar to a stair climber so my right knee with no cartilage left in it just loves that motion....NOT! lol
    The real problem will be who can I get to bring this monstrous machine up from the basement and out to the curb?
    DH's back at present is worse than mine and DS could never do this alone.

No matter, that will be a puzzle to solve another day. In the meantime I'm quite excited to try and walk slowly ( at my own snail's pace ) on this new machine.
    Right now I do NO walking so this could be the start of a beautiful friendship! Or I'll hang my shirts on it?? I hope not.

Attachment 380552
    @walkonby I like your humor. I always joke that I could use my tv's as clothes hangers as I rarely watch tv. I live alone and have three tv's. Makes no sense, and all were gifts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I finally got the free Amazon prime subscription in order to get a couple of deals on things I had been looking for. I find it confusing that so many prime tv shows require a second subscription in order to watch it. It feels like having basic cable tv and having to pay extra to watch the shows you want. Is there something that I’m missing?
    @Angela273 it seems like all the good shows require a subscription. I got rid of cable, bought an antenna that I use indoors (get about 15-20 channels depending on the weather) and have never looked back. Plus a lot of channels are available online to watch for free that cable covers like global, city tv, etc.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Omg, we did it we bought the house. It’s a sixty second drive to my brothers, it is an 18 hour drive from my current home but still😂. So it was an expensive day. I am so happy after a lifetime of being hours to see my brother that I can pop over for coffee. It is going to be a crazy few years but it will be worth it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Omg, we did it we bought the house. It’s a sixty second drive to my brothers, it is an 18 hour drive from my current home but still. So it was an expensive day. I am so happy after a lifetime of being hours to see my brother that I can pop over for coffee. It is going to be a crazy few years but it will be worth it.

Congrats @lilo0003 on the purchase of your new home . It’s a very exciting time for you and your family.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Very cloudy and gray out but can see the sun trying to come out.

Thinking a coffee at the town dock is a great way to start the day but 1st I am going to wash the dishes that were from last night (popcorn!) 3 pots made at different times lol (on the stove). After a walk on the docks then home to putter in the garage!

Have a great day!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information