User Tag List

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: July 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    ooh just looked over the sales flyers and tis the season of peach and nectarine baskets
    yeppers! @Frugalbigmama I tried to PM both the peach and nectarine baskets at FreshCo ( using Metro flyer ) . Nope, they don't PM Metro??? Weirdos!
    Metro was on the way back home but sadly their deliveries had JUST arrived and they could only find the peaches. They were all as hard as rocks so DS
    will need to wait for them to ripen up. I'll probably go back for the nectarines.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yeppers! @Frugalbigmama I tried to PM both the peach and nectarine baskets at FreshCo ( using Metro flyer ) . Nope, they don't PM Metro??? Weirdos!
    Metro was on the way back home but sadly their deliveries had JUST arrived and they could only find the peaches. They were all as hard as rocks so DS
    will need to wait for them to ripen up. I'll probably go back for the nectarines.
    Oh wow. We don't have a Freshco or a Metro but where my sister and mom live they have one of each right across the road from each other. I've been but have never tried price matching there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Offers- When you are on the app and see your offers- at the top right there is is a tab that says "Swap Offers" Click on that and you can see the offers available. You can pick 3 offers and you do one at a time- Pick one and then it will take you to your offers asking you to pick the one of yours that you are going to swap.
    I was able to trade yesterday by following your directions. I had gotten into that part of the app before, but it was out of offers to trade for…so I wasn’t sure if I was doing sk egging wrong.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Re: Scene Points. Do you collect them? Do you work the system like PC Pts?

I have had a card forever and it is linked to a Scene Visa card that I rarely use. (I usually build a credit on this Visa and then use it on vacation)
    My Scene points are 5822 (is this $50?) Majority of the points is from a bonus offer when I signed up for the Scene Visa.

Do you have a strategy for redeeming the points for the best bang for your buck?
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jul 28th, 2023 at 10:21 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was able to Price Match peaches at No Frills yesterday but they had to call a Manager.

Zehrs has 3L Ontario Peaches on for $3.99, No Frills had 3L Ontario Peaches but the Peaches in the Zehrs flyer were in a basket and the ones at No Frills were in a Plastic Container so they had to call a manager to approve my Price Match. I did offer to just forget it because when it comes to produce I do not fight Price Matches but the Manager said to do it as the basket may have just been for a "cute photo."
    harbie, walkonby and GeorgiaK like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama , personally I have found PC Points give me a better bang for my buck.

Yes, if you have 5822 points that is $50.

I have a Debit Scene card but rarely use it as I get better rewards from using my Credit Card.

I have gotten some good deals with Scene Points but for me, it means going to Sobey's or Freshco which I normally do not shop at so I find myself running in just for 1 or 2 things. But with that being said more so Freshco there have been a few weeks the deals have been worth the extra stop.

I find most times the reason I use my scene card is not to collect points but to get the member's pricing.

Maybe it is just me but I find Freshco does not have the best prices even on sale items. Rarely have I seen the opportunity to Price Match and collect Scene points at Freshco where is at No Frills I often Price Match and get PC Points.

I collect the points where I can but personally PC Points are giving me the better bang for my buck.
    harbie, walkonby, GeorgiaK and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was hoping for a nice quiet, catch-up type of Friday, but no such luck it started at 7:05 this morning and has not stopped. That does not include the over 200 lines of errors I was sent last night to go through.

I did pop out yesterday and got some groceries. I bought more than I had planned but there were some pretty good deals, I got:
    1 x No Name Peanut Butter 1KG $3.99 + 600 pts
    2 x Eggs 18-pack $3.99
    1 x Peaches 3L $3.99 (PM Zehrs)
    1 x Romaine 3-pack $2.99
    1 x Clementines 2lbs $2.88
    1 x Grapes $1.99/lb (PM Sobeys)
    5 x Corn 5 for $0.95 WUB5
    3 x Tomatoes on the Vine $0.88/lb (PM Food Basics)
    3 x Blueberries 1-Pint $1.44
    4 x No Name Bacon 2/$5 WUB 2
    6 x No Name Tortillas Whole Wheat 2/$3.50 WUB2
    1 x Sandwich Meat 2-pack half Turkey half Ham $6
    2 x Dove Deodorant $3.88 (PM Wal-Mart)

I had an offer to spend $75 and get bonus points, I am close so I will go back later in the week for a couple more things. I was not able to get Zucchini, the ones they had were not good and I forgot to get Bananas, that should get me over the $75 mark.

The produce section is still very hit-and-miss at my store, they will have a ton of one thing and nothing of another. Overrun with Blueberries but someone was complaining there were almost no Strawberries. There were only a few Zucchini and they were not good and no Mangos.

As I said before they were not sure about price matching my peaches but the manager said go-ahead. I also had an issue with my Deodorant as it wasn't in their system, they count not scan, so I had to wait well they tried to add it but then she was not sure if she could apply the price match but she could. WOW, it was $8.99 before the Price Match, when did deodorant get so expensive? I know the sale price went up but WOW $8.99.

Happy Friday Everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Jul 28th, 2023 at 11:29 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Frugalbigmama, personally I have found PC Points give me a better bang for my buck.

Yes, if you have 5822 points that is $50.

I have a Debit Scene card but rarely use it as I get better rewards from using my Credit Card.

I have gotten some good deals with Scene Points but for me, it means going to Sobey's or Freshco which I normally do not shop at so I find myself running in just for 1 or 2 things. But with that being said more so Freshco there have been a few weeks the deals have been worth the extra stop.

I find most times the reason I use my scene card is not to collect points but to get the member's pricing.

Maybe it is just me but I find Freshco does not have the best prices even on sale items. Rarely have I seen the opportunity to Price Match and collect Scene points at Freshco where is at No Frills I often Price Match and get PC Points.

I collect the points where I can but personally PC Points are giving me the better bang for my buck.
    Thank-you for the info! I really only have Foodland close by and that is what has been catching my eye... the member pricing.
    I will watch the flyers for deals. And I guess I should just redeem at Foodland when I get the chance.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jul 28th, 2023 at 12:18 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassy - I agree- the price of deo has really jumped!!! I try to keep a stockpile for my kids so its available when needed (mostly the oldest as the youngest seems to make his stick last long)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I am happy that I completed all the work things on my list and now I can do some cleaning/organizing in my office.
    Long overdue!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got my cholesterol results back by logging into my online account. I actually succeeded in bringing my cholesterol down .15 lower than it was last September, which is when it was in the normal range. I will continue with my positive changes and hope to improve my cholesterol levels even more, while still enjoying things in moderation.

All 3 of our children passed their swimming levels.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well today we had to watch the girls at 11.00 a.m ,so took them both to freshco with papa and i .
    P.m vine tomatoes for .88 =.46 for 2
    pears were on for 1.99 so got 3=$2.13
    p.m a huge bag of cherries to food basics 1.88 pound i paid $5.60 and gave half to the girls (granddaughters)
    a schnieders ham was 8.99-100 scene points =7.99
    (2) kraft peanut butter p.m fortinos 5.98-100 points when you buy 2 -1.00 cpn -1.00 cpn=4.48 each awesome price
    (4) kashi bars 2.99plus 200 points -3.00 cpn-3.00 cpn=1.98 each
    p.m nivea body wash to walmart 2.96.

I made 500 scene points from instore offers =$5.00

I love p.c points but no frills is so far for me to go to,i love all the points programs hey 500 scene points is a great deal .

I spent $101 mind you got the girls freezies and lunchmates for lunch .

Yes deodorant is crazy priced ,i think i have about 4 for myself and hubby downstairs in my stockpile ,also body wash is awful in price now 4.99 and up .

Angela way to go on the 1.00 good will prices.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just got back from Salvation Army with our kids. I bought 15 clothing items for $15. I purchased items for almost everyone in the family, including 2 shirts for my Dh. I bought myself a summer dress, black shorts, jean capris, and a cap sleeved dressy shirt. I can wear all of those items while teaching.

I also purchased this stationary bike for $40. We’ll have to pick it up tomorrow because it was too tall at the controls to fit in the hatch of my van. I’d been keeping an eye out for a stationary bike, this one has a display screen that runs on AA batteries, hight of seat and resistance are all adjustable. Our kids are excited about it and had been using it in the store. Keep in mind my twin boy had been asking for a treadmill for Christmas in the past, a stationary bike is safer while still letting them exercise indoors.
    Attachment 380789
    Attachment 380790
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jul 28th, 2023 at 06:31 PM.
    harbie, Purdee, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in this morning, it has cooled down here and were supposed to get rain all day. This overcast day is not helping with my ambition but hoping this cup of tea I just made might find my ambition. Maybe it is more of a get some of the things done vs getting all of the things done type of day.

Yes, Body Wash has also gone up, we use Ivory and got lucky a couple of months ago someone had it for $3.99 so I grabbed 4 which will last us for a bit.

Working on next week's meal plan. Right now I am more focused on easy meals vs new meals in an attempt to get us back on track with Dinners. We did really well this week. But not going to lie some nights were like "Dinner, again? really?"

Now I need to work on lunches, I grab some sandwich meat so we can make sandwiches but won't be enough to last all week.

I gotta say, some days this food thing is so hard. This is why I need to get back on track and have things prepped and ready in the fridge.

Happy Saturday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Cool rainy day here! Which is sad as there is a little "All things Canadian" Festival that I wanted to check out. Figured it would have been nice to walk around and check things out. Maybe the rain will stop and can head there later this afternoon.

Washed the dishes that were gathered from yesterday/last night. So the kitchen is clean now. Coffee time! Think a quick shower and coffee down by the water is the plan.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information