User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: July 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning to another week on the treadmill of life! @SassyAshley I too was " off eating " corn on the cob for a long while but it was because it's CARBS! aka, poison to my weight loss efforts.
    Simple carbs are not my friend BUT once we learned how absolutely game changing Mexican Street corn tasted done on the BBQ ( or in an air fryer works too! )
    we've been buying it almost all summer for 3 years running. Plus the great sales made it so tempting!
    The other way I cook up a single small cob just for ME is I strip away all the outer husk and hairlike strings, then wrap the cob in a double layer of paper towel, wetting
    the towel slightly under the tap, then nuking it for a mere 2 minutes!

This morning it's chiro at 8:30 so I better skedaddle!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning everyone had a lovely evening last night with my younger brother and his wife ,we ordered swiss chalet and ate on our lovely back deck .The weather was so nice ,we got compliments on the driveway from neighbours and my brother .Life is great.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Looks like a beautiful day out there today!

Made coffee. Have a few dishes to wash. Clean dishes to put away. Didn't end up doing laundry last week so will put a load in today and hang it up to dry.
    Too nice outside to go on the treadmill so will go for a walk down by the water later today and enjoy the weather.
    Simple day!
    Skippy, harbie, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

You are braver than me @HermanH . I mean, I love a good deal just like the next person but there’s no way I’m eating 30+ year old soup . You must have either an iron gut or a horseshoe up somewhere

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It’s a beautiful sunny day here so it’s a relaxing day. Sunday and Mondays are my days off with the odd Thursday. Dh is off Sunday/Monday so those are family days.

The only things to do are a bank run for a deposit, stock up at Bulk Barn for oatmeal. Since we did our 19.2km ride yesterday today is an active record day so still some form of exercise but not that intense. Definitely walking later.

Oh ya nand Dh and I are doing our month end fiscal review. Yay

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@harbie . I agree with Sassy and the others- Paper towel seems to help with most produce from going bad.
    At the moment I have green onion wrapped in paper towel in a bag and it has been 2 weeks and still looks new. I just cut what I need and rewrap it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Operation clean out the kitchen cupboards has started!!

At a point where I feel we have too much food.... Yes a thankful problem to have. I don't want to stock up for winter on things we have too much of or nobody wants. So I am starting with one section at a time and emptying it completely and organizing the stuff on the counter to decide what we want to keep.
    So far I have posted on the Give group 12 pks of the cheetos cheese mix (we won't use it bought for the coupon on the box)
    I have also found 8 expired cans of brown beans. I know technically we can eat them but I am really the only one and I haven't eaten any in years as it seems. Herman- Making a drive to Ontario?

So one cupboard is completely empty and wiped out with a wet cloth. Letting it dry then will return the stuff. Already tossed tons of candles and junk that was in there so we will have a few empty shelves for sure.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jul 31st, 2023 at 12:39 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Plans slightly changed. Currently waiting on hold wit Trek to find out why I was only credited for 1 pair of bike shorts returned but I returned both . No luck at the store level so now I’m on hold………………..

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Very successful gains made today with my deteriorating back through stretching exercises which I have done faithfully. Honestly? Who " wants " to do these 2 times a day, especially when the chiropractor adds more " hold of seconds " on the ones I conquer AND adds new exercises every visit to the tally!? It just HAS to be done though unless I want to end up totally immobile. I sympathize with any patient who has been given these workouts. They are performed at home using the honour system.
    Fibbing about doing them would only hurt me ( and my back ) so I've had to put on my big girl panties and " Lift, Hold, breathe, then release " and cry at the end.
    Great treadmill and outdoor running that you do @Frugalbigmama !!
    The new treadmill with NO incline features that I got is working for me BUT at this beginning stage of repair I walk barefoot and so slow that anyone watching me might ask " are you o.k? "

Carry on with frugal deals everyone!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I found a set of produce keepers on sale at superstore for 50% off so bought them for the new house because going for groceries is now a 20 minute drive and expect it will be the summer of 2025 before I put in a garden.
    Finger crossed we close the deal today, the inspection found 2 issues and one we want them to fix before we take possession. The other is the water and for that we ask for a reduction in price and then we will correct it to our standards. This is only the second home I have ever purchased, I don’t know how people can do this every few years. It’s exhausting and expensive.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    You are braver than me @HermanH . I mean, I love a good deal just like the next person but there’s no way I’m eating 30+ year old soup . You must have either an iron gut or a horseshoe up somewhere
    Didn't you know that magnetism can act as a bacterial shield? Having a horseshoe up in the right place works wonders. Burp.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I have also found 8 expired cans of brown beans. I know technically we can eat them but I am really the only one and I haven't eaten any in years as it seems. Herman- Making a drive to Ontario?
    Fire up the barbie, I'm on my way and I'll bring the brisket.
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon today went to "once upon a child " for daughter got $29.00

Then popped into jysk (3) facecloths on clearance 2.98
    set of 4 dishcloths 4.99(much needed item)

Then on to talize

a laura tank top very dressy and new (2 small pin holes on the top near tag,so asked for a reduction ) got 20% off 7.99-20%=6.39

a small barbie doll chelsea Brand new in box and 2 pkgs of barbie clothing brand new in pkg =8.49-10%seniors=$7.64
    2 pairs of walmart ladies socks brand new in pkg 2.29-10%=2.06 or 1.03 a pair

I missed 50% off day last thursday was babysitting and the cashier told me people were lined up at 6.30 a.m waiting for store to open at 7.00 a.m .A sign of the times to save 50% on used clothing for sure.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Very successful gains made today with my deteriorating back through stretching exercises which I have done faithfully. Honestly? Who " wants " to do these 2 times a day, especially when the chiropractor adds more " hold of seconds " on the ones I conquer AND adds new exercises every visit to the tally!? It just HAS to be done though unless I want to end up totally immobile. I sympathize with any patient who has been given these workouts. They are performed at home using the honour system.
    Fibbing about doing them would only hurt me ( and my back ) so I've had to put on my big girl panties and " Lift, Hold, breathe, then release " and cry at the end.
    Great treadmill and outdoor running that you do @Frugalbigmama !!
    The new treadmill with NO incline features that I got is working for me BUT at this beginning stage of repair I walk barefoot and so slow that anyone watching me might ask " are you o.k? "

Carry on with frugal deals everyone!
    You go girl @walkonby glad that despite difficulties, you had some very successful gains! Not wanting to be immobile is also a great motivator.Unfortunately I've seen firsthand what happens when one doesn't plod through their exercises and it scares me! One does not want to go there if it can at all be helped!
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just returned from a friend's cottage near North Bay. Saved money as no Timmies nor anything else in the woods to spend money on!
    It's amazing just to get away from it all and relax.Good for the soul,mind and body!
    Glad to see the usual faces around here and take in the latest.
    Take life One day/hour/minute at a time folks,whatever works best at the time. Have a great week my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh my gosh, the plan was to get up at 5 so I could get some work done before I needed to head to a branch for training, plus maybe get a few small things done around the house. Nope, I slept through my alarm and did get up until 6:30, oops.

I had asked for time off this week but then a branch called and said they might need help so my time off was depending on that. Two people from another department have offered to help so it looks like I will get my time off.

I spent some time yesterday cleaning up my budget and preparing to go into August, I knew I was over in my stock-up budget so I took some of my overage from my take-out budget to cover. As I was posting all of my grocery receipts I started to get a bit nervous, I knew I wasn't over budget but I was hoping for an overage as there are a few things I wanted to pick up this week and put towards July's budget. Came in under budget and I have the $$$ to grab the extra and apply it to July's budget.

You can see it was a busier month because we did extra take-out, normally I aim for once a month but this month it was twice but we are still under budget. Although I will admit having the budget and being under budget makes me a little less anxious about having take-out.

I was going to grocery shop on my way home but I ended up staying late to talk to our regional manager and plan a few things out so I decided to just come home.

Dinner tonight was going to be one-pot Shrimp Orzo but was not feeling the shrimp so instead I am making one-pot Chicken & Mushroom Skillet which also has orzo in it.

Happy Monday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information