User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 193
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: August 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

  1. #16
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,025
    Likes Received
    42469
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    Good Morning Everyone,
    The plan is to take today and tomorrow off to make it a 5 day weekend. I did have to send one email this morning I realized as I was going to bed I forgot to send.

    Originally I was going to get up and go shopping this morning and get our groceries for the week but I do not feel like going out, maybe tomorrow.

    My goal for the weekend is a balance of resting and relaxing but also trying to get this house back in order.

    Somehow I feel like I lost July, it flew by and pretty much became a write-off for me, I got nothing done. So time to get back on track.

    Happy Thursday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  2. #17
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,476
    Likes Received
    73999
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    @SassyAshley I support your FIVE day weekend 100%!! Enjoy all the days.
    It's just another Thursday here for moi. The guys are chomping at the bit for Friday to arrive and then be over to get those precious 3 days off.
    I too " was " going to go out and do a top-up shop but decided that it can wait. The humidity made me decide, we turned our central A/C back on this morning.




    babies teach us acceptance

  3. #18
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,388
    Likes Received
    53775
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Good Morning!

    Only a few dishes to wash up from the night time Gremlin.

    Made coffee and Oatmeal with almond milk, walnuts and fresh blueberries ( I think this is my fav breakfast!) Also spilt chia seeds in my cupboard, counter and floor! Yeah me! Most of the mess is cleaned up but need to clean up the cupboard.

    I have a pretty quiet work day today (so far) Hope I didn't jinx it! So will get some things done that I have put off.
    And need to do a load of laundry! (didn't get to it yesterday) Away for 2 nights this weekend so need to pack tonight.

    Have a wonderful day! The sun is shining here and there is a nice breeze.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

  4. #19
    Canadian Guru harbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Earth...most of the time
    Posts
    10,112
    Likes Received
    9988
    Trading Score
    203 (100%)




    Morning all.

    Off to work shortly and after tomorrows day itís a long weekend here out West . Canít wait for Friday afternoon .

    For your extra long weekend @SassyAshley

  5. #20
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    21,897
    Likes Received
    54546
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    Morning all everyone enjoy their long weekend .

    Off to shoppers as i have very little milk (seniors day) then we told son we would have both the girls sleep over as they go away next week with daughter-in-laws family to a cottage (to give son and his wife time to pack and a bit of me time with no girls.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

  6. #21
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,025
    Likes Received
    42469
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    So far today, I did take one work call it was my boss, they are still having printer issues. At the end of the call he asked me if I would be there today or tomorrow and could look at it again, I said "No, I am off." He forgot which if you knew him, but he apologized and will let me know if I need to go in next week.

    Also answered 3 work emails as no one else would have known the answer but, I do have my phone on do not disturb because hearing the emails come in would drive me insane. Not going to lie, I am oddly feeling a little stressed. But at random times I will clear the messages and saw the 3 I needed to take care of.

    All and all taking the day off is going well.

    I did end up going grocery shopping. I went to make tea and my milk was sour. It was our last bag but figured if we needed milk over the weekend I would take a bag out of the freezer. But since I wanted tea now and did not want to wait for it to defrost I decided it would be quicker and easier to just run to No Frills and since I was there anyways I did my shopping.

    Although let me tell you the shelves were quite bare and they were out of quite a few things so I may do a little more shopping next week, we will see.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  7. #22
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,388
    Likes Received
    53775
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    So far today, I did take one work call it was my boss, they are still having printer issues. At the end of the call he asked me if I would be there today or tomorrow and could look at it again, I said "No, I am off." He forgot which if you knew him, but he apologized and will let me know if I need to go in next week.

    Also answered 3 work emails as no one else would have known the answer but, I do have my phone on do not disturb because hearing the emails come in would drive me insane. Not going to lie, I am oddly feeling a little stressed. But at random times I will clear the messages and saw the 3 I needed to take care of.

    All and all taking the day off is going well.

    I did end up going grocery shopping. I went to make tea and my milk was sour. It was our last bag but figured if we needed milk over the weekend I would take a bag out of the freezer. But since I wanted tea now and did not want to wait for it to defrost I decided it would be quicker and easier to just run to No Frills and since I was there anyways I did my shopping.

    Although let me tell you the shelves were quite bare and they were out of quite a few things so I may do a little more shopping next week, we will see.
    I popped out earlier and pulled into the parking lot at RCSS and pulled right out. It was so busy! Everyone is getting ready for the long weekend. I just wanted a watermelon. (will pop out later tonight) Stopped at GT on the way home and grabbed buns for DS to have for the weekend.
    He gets a nice big meal at work but will make something to eat around 8 or 9 usually.

  8. #23
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,025
    Likes Received
    42469
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    That is the one thing I hate about living in cottage country is trying to get grocery shopping done.

    In the summer it is like you have to be there right when they open because if you go later in the day the locals have started to clear the shelves. If you cannot go until Friday the cottagers have started rolling in and are clearing the shelves. Don't bother trying to go on the weekend it is pure chaos. Then at least in my area, they get trucks but never anything that is on sale on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

    When I went around 1 today they were already sold out of the Milk that is on sale, Peaches, and they had a few Cantaloupes (like 5) but they did not look good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I popped out earlier and pulled into the parking lot at RCSS and pulled right out. It was so busy! Everyone is getting ready for the long weekend. I just wanted a watermelon. (will pop out later tonight) Stopped at GT on the way home and grabbed buns for DS to have for the weekend.
    He gets a nice big meal at work but will make something to eat around 8 or 9 usually.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  9. #24
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,025
    Likes Received
    42469
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Friday Everyone. My phone is on Do Not Disturb, as I cannot handle the sound of my emails coming in.

    I did log in last night after we closed and cleaned up my emails as I had 219 emails, if I let those pile up it seriously gives me anxiety. Any I could quickly answer I did but any that will take some time or digging are in my inbox to be looked at on Tuesday.

    We had a storm roll through last night, good news, we did not lose power which makes me happy. In all of these years we have lived here we rarely lose power, I think maybe 3 times and one time the transformer on our street blew and the other ones were not weather related. Then all of a sudden this year every time there is a downpour or storm we lost power.

    Just in case I did download a bunch of Netflix shows on my phone and Disney+ on my tablet. For me, there is nothing worse than being here in the dark with nothing to do.

    Going to work on getting a few things done around the house today. Right now I am working on my bedding, my Pillow Top Mattress Cover is in the wash and will follow with my sheets. After I have some tea I need to tackle our kitchen, it is a disaster as we did not empty the dishwasher yesterday or clean up after dinner. It is cooler this morning so I have opened up all windows and am letting the house air out a little.

    Not sure what was up yesterday, late afternoon just as I was getting ready to start dinner and do all the kitchen things my tummy got super upset so last night did not go as planned. Although it was almost as quick as it came on it was gone after an hour or so I felt okay and had dinner.

    Need to work on a meal plan today as well so I can plan some Meal Prep. Next week has been flipped upside down on me but at the same time, I should be home every night for dinner, although depending on some answers I should get Tuesday will determine if I have any branch days.

    Happy Friday Everyone.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  10. #25
    Mastermind
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    21,897
    Likes Received
    54546
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)




    Morning had the girls sleep over last night the thunderstorm woke ashlyn up ,then cara peed the bed at 4.30 a.m (i even had her go pee before bed ) .So laundry is on the go ,at least my bed didnt get wet as i had a pee pad my daughter gave me to keep here.


    They are playing barbies right now .Last night was pasta night and ice cream for dessert.

    Does anyone find since covid ,somedays i just dont have the get up and go maybe its my age early 60's.I need to plan 2 luncheons with different friends and i havent yet,doing the driveway was really hard on us,but it sure saved us a bundle in cash .

  11. #26
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,388
    Likes Received
    53775
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    @sassy - Same deal in my area. So busy on the roads and stores from the city people. I try to not shop much as it is slow and picked over.
    @sassy - I felt a little off early afternoon yesterday as well. For me I think it was the heat. I should have closed the windows and had one open right beside my desk and in bedroom.
    lilo0003, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

  12. #27
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,388
    Likes Received
    53775
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning had the girls sleep over last night the thunderstorm woke ashlyn up ,then cara peed the bed at 4.30 a.m (i even had her go pee before bed ) .So laundry is on the go ,at least my bed didnt get wet as i had a pee pad my daughter gave me to keep here.


    They are playing barbies right now .Last night was pasta night and ice cream for dessert.

    Does anyone find since covid ,somedays i just dont have the get up and go maybe its my age early 60's.I need to plan 2 luncheons with different friends and i havent yet,doing the driveway was really hard on us,but it sure saved us a bundle in cash .
    YES!! Somedays I am such a homebody. (I was never like that- had a hard time staying home at all) Working from home doesn't help. And starting at the end of the year I will be 100% from home. Good for many things ($ saving, no work clothes needed, eat at home, no commute costs) but bad for social.

  13. #28
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,388
    Likes Received
    53775
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Good Morning Everyone!

    Getting this short work day out of the way and then let the long weekend begin!

    I bought 2 watermelons from No Frills last night and cut one up. It is 1 of the best I have ever had! Lots eaten last night and I took a container to work with me today. Planning on bringing the 2nd one with me to my sisters this weekend but will have to grab a few more for home for sure! So good!

    Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

  14. #29
    Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,025
    Likes Received
    42469
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)




    @coupon girl , ever since Covid I have struggled so hard to find routines I can stick with including my get up and go. I am not sure if some of that for me is remote working and knowing my commute is 30 seconds down the stairs so if I let myself sleep in, it is okay.

    But also, I find when I am up, maybe because I am not running out the door my morning are a lot slower. I take my time, make my tea, slowly get started where is before I was up and let's go, even if I was not working on weekends, I would get up and get my day started. Now I have to talk myself into it.

    Yes, I have no issues going days on end without leaving my house. Literally during Covid, I remember my doctor asking me how often I get out of the house and my trip to the doctor was the first time I had left the house in 2 1/2 weeks. We could live off our stockpile and were really only shopping once a month. From that point on I have tried to make a habit of at least shopping once a week to leave the house.

    But I admit now that I leave the house more on days I don't have to go in to work I usually say "I am not leaving the house today." But that might relate more to a conversation I had with my co-workers where I have to be so extroverted when I am training and helping staff that it can be mentally exhausting that when I get home some nights I just shut down for a good 30 minutes. If I a doing it day after day by the end of the week I am done, physically, mentally I am done and will do everything in my power to have no plans that weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

    https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

  15. #30
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North of Toronto
    Posts
    12,388
    Likes Received
    53775
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @coupon girl, ever since Covid I have struggled so hard to find routines I can stick with including my get up and go. I am not sure if some of that for me is remote working and knowing my commute is 30 seconds down the stairs so if I let myself sleep in, it is okay.

    But also, I find when I am up, maybe because I am not running out the door my morning are a lot slower. I take my time, make my tea, slowly get started where is before I was up and let's go, even if I was not working on weekends, I would get up and get my day started. Now I have to talk myself into it.

    Yes, I have no issues going days on end without leaving my house. Literally during Covid, I remember my doctor asking me how often I get out of the house and my trip to the doctor was the first time I had left the house in 2 1/2 weeks. We could live off our stockpile and were really only shopping once a month. From that point on I have tried to make a habit of at least shopping once a week to leave the house.

    But I admit now that I leave the house more on days I don't have to go in to work I usually say "I am not leaving the house today." But that might relate more to a conversation I had with my co-workers where I have to be so extroverted when I am training and helping staff that it can be mentally exhausting that when I get home some nights I just shut down for a good 30 minutes. If I a doing it day after day by the end of the week I am done, physically, mentally I am done and will do everything in my power to have no plans that weekend.
    Even when I am in the office 2 days a week I am usually the only person here and only see 2 courier drivers. That is my work interaction lol

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •