Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: August 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Here’s to another month of frugality
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by harbie; Wed, Aug 2nd, 2023 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Wrong year
    walkonby, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yippee I'm the first one here to post nothing! lol
    ty for staring the new month off for us @harbie
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

August already!!!! WOW!! Summer is flying by

My mission to get ready for Fall/Winter started yesterday. Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and making a list of what we need to stock up on when the price is right. My plan is to tackle one cupboard each day.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Aug 1st, 2023 at 11:40 AM.
    harbie, 2shopmom, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

We have another meeting with our financial advisor this month so that will be interesting .

Other than that nothing big. Just wanting to soak up every second of the summer, sun and warmth since I’m sure I’ll be complaining about the cold and rain in the winter.

I’m really trying to work on more meal planning. I’m kinda ok with it but I need to get stricter to try to stick to a firm shopping list.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Are we going back in time? I do not want to go back to 2020!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Barbie movie is the summer movie to see! Just saw today (finally) to a mostly full house of mixed ages. Not too many laugh out loud moments (there were funny moments) until the latter half of the film. Good music however. $8.99 Tuesday price at Cineplex, with taxes meant ticket cost $10.16. Since I was in the line about 5 minutes before the movie was set to start, I got in during the first or second movie preview trailer. #Barbenheimer summer.
    (Bro went to see the Oppenheimer movie during the weekend.)

I also put a One4All card ($50 buy at Sobeys gets you a $5 Sobeys gc until Wed) into use after the movie to explore Indigo's sale areas, kids stuff (so cute but nothing went into my basket) and housewares/kitchen. I had to get the Time issue with Barbie cast cover as my branch does not carry Time, bubble mix tetra ($3 in clearance) and a sale kitchen towel.

Thankfully, I had time to catch the following bus, as I had missed an earlier bus around 3pm. So here I am to Internet and encourage Barbie movie fans to see the show on the big screen. I have not seen Asteroid City (was meaning to yesterday) but there's a matinee later this week that works out better for me (and still have buses home).

Glad I had spotted Compliments napkins at Sobeys last week. Today, I got 3 pkgs and some sponges. I got 30% off the napkins--I'm not aware of any promotion for them as they were only clipped on an endcap-the other packages that had been on the napkins shelving were no longer there. Just happy. I'll put the $5 Sobeys card to use likely on the way to or from the next movie as I intend to combine some errands on one trip to maximize the bus fare usage.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Before the movie-stopped into Dollarama (fairly busy location) to get 4pks of AAAs (tv remote's taking too long to change channels and my flashlight cells are toast) and garbage bags. Then a long looking session at Marks-I saw two prospective tops while the painter was rolling paint on the front store wall and some racks only had one access/entry point. Sadly, the tops are too sheer so I did not buy any. Nothing like a space-dye t-shirt top on the racks (even the activewear tops look like sheer knits aka fishermen's nets (a trend seen in other store chains' apparel this year). There are wide leg capris with wide drawstring waistbands (linen-rayon blends) on sale. I took a look at purses/wallets on a string but the prices or colours are not what I like.
    Then a short visit to Sobeys (I completely forgot to check on Shaw's ice cream flavours but I have a Breyers Neopolitan tub bought on Sunday that is still sealed...).

No leads on where I'll find my next pair of walking shoes. I'm stumped but motivated to find something by mid-month or the cash will be spent on other needs.

If anyone is a Longos TYR member, you will pay $2.99 for Schnieders Bacon (375g, selected varieties) while non-members will pay $6.99. Come on over to Ancaster, Guelph, Burlington etc.(Ontario only). Offer ends tomorrow.
    harbie, JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Overcast start to the day here.

Bought my favourite creamer the other day and am enjoying it today. Decided if I am making coffee at home I will have the best coffee possible

I have a meeting this morning and then a pretty quiet work day. I powered through yesterday and cleaned up everything on my to do list.

Will make breakfast soon then wash the dirty dishes from yesterday. (Last night was a lazy night after work) Then hope to get out and putter in the garage at some point. I have boxes to organize and sort things and then I can start posting stuff for sale and get it gone!
    The huge desk that DS got for free years ago is finally out of the garage! He changed his mind on it and I finally posted it for free the other day. Happy that is gone as it took up tons of space and was heavy!!

Have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
    Are we going back in time? I do not want to go back to 2020!Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Oops! Not sure what happened there . Just trying to find out how to edit it.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

There ya go @JadeAngel

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had a goal to eat breakfast and wash the dishes before my zoom meeting. Done!
    Brushed my teeth, put on some make up and brushed out my hair. I'm ready! Then wipe off the make up as soon as it is done so I am ready for a shower later today after getting some things done

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I looked over the upcoming sale flyers. A few items I want to get but I think I need to clean out the fridge first and then figure it out.
    Will wait till Monday/Tuesday to buy fresh stuff since DS is home alone for the weekend (We are at Kempenfest all weekend and will stay with family) so will make sure DS had burgers and buns. And he can finish up the clementines and peaches.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued 1.5kg of pasta from the dump at RCSS. Also saw a bunch of opened boxes of various ice cream/yougurt bars. There's no way they can be sold. So, I got to eat a bunch of free ice cream on a hot summer's day. Perfecto!
    harbie, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just popped out to take a walk around RCSS. Picked up a tray of drumsticks (for bbq tonight) and tray of thighs (for freezer for Fall Crock pot!)
    Trying to not go crazy but like to have some options in the freezer. Maybe I should go back tonight and buy a bunch.......

It is a beautiful day out. Will go to the water for a walk after work today.
    walkonby, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Oh, what a few insane days. The universe is making us work for the long weekend. Plus I am trying to make it an extra long weekend but have to have all my stuff done to do so. There was a chance I was going to have to help a branch but that is covered.

Yesterday on my way home, I ran into No Frills as I had an offer Spend $75 get 7500 pts, normally I do not pay attention to these but because of some of the things I bought my total was $72 something so I was just over $3 short. Since it was a total spend, not a one-time shop I decided instead of trying to run back and add to my shop, I decided I would just go back later in the week. Yesterday I ran in Price Matched 2 Zucchini and grabbed a package of Romane for $2.99, spent $3.97 and got 7500 pts.

Today was supposed to be a work-from-home day but twice somehow our production printers went down so I had to run in and fix them by reprogramming and reinstalling them.

On my second trip, I had not had lunch and was feeling it so I stopped and grabbed subs on my way home. Normally, I talk myself out of it but not today.

Looked at some of the flyers, saw a few things but not much yet so might be a light shopping week.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information