User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Like Tree1459Likes

Thread: October 2023 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks sassy -i may have gotten it from little miss cara as my daughter-in-law said today she has a bit of a cold -she is always clinging to me .

Wow -only 35 kids for halloween ,we live in an older neighbourhood not many little ones ,next year less candy i will buy for sure.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We had only 20 kids this year. When my kids were young we would get up to 75. I only planned for 30 so not a lot of leftovers it’s also stuff I don’t like so no temptation.
    I am not sad to see the end of October. It was a very expensive month. But with Christmas coming I am not sure we will have much of a reprieve.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

We only got about 30 kids. We are used to having over a hundred kids. Lots of chocolate and chips left over here . I was disappointed since there was no little goblins
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    We only got about 30 kids. We are used to having over a hundred kids. Lots of chocolate and chips left over here . I was disappointed since there was no little goblins
    @flemeth The year that happened to us I had hand made up over 100 bags, stuffed them full too! I said never again. Of course the teenagers ( no costumes ) didn't forget to come around in the 9-9:30 range. At that point I didn't care and happily gave away a couple to each.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!!!

We only had about 35 kids last night as well. Before covid would be 150-200 easy. Our crescent is usually very decorated but I noticed it was pretty dark this year so thinking kids skipped us. So glad I didn't grab more chips yesterday! I have tons of bubble wands left for the little kids that I will put away for next year. I had a bunch of pop for back up if needed but didn't get many older kids so will see if my friends husband would like it since we don't drink it. The bowl of suckers I will donate to somewhere in town- will see the posts on FB.

I decided to make pasta with meat sauce for dinner last night while shelling out. It was so good! Or we were really hungry
    I'm going to pick up ground beef today so I can cook it up with onions for the freezer for quick pasta down the road.

Yesterday I made shrimp/rice and green beans and made 4 containers. Had one for lunch yesterday and brought one to work today. Cost was approx $1.50 each (everything purchased on sale of course!)- Pretty good if you ask me!

Checked out the upcoming sale flyers. Lettuce and coleslaw at GT. Lettuce for DS's work sandwiches. Coleslaw will work for stir-fry with chicken bowls I will make next for food prep.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I received package notices for 3 items sent from Mississauga Ontario, but I have no way of collected them packages until next week. I do not like surprises and this is eating me alive. Has anyone received unexpected packages from Mississauga? Any ideas what they are or where they came from?
    No I have not had mystery packages from Mississauga. But that city is often used by Ont Tourism and other entities for mailouts. Did you sign up for any sample programs or freebies from Ontario lately?
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @Ciel21 I was told the firehall at Appleby and Fairview has an e-waste bin now. And the firehall also accepts batteries too. I usually drop my batteries off at the library.
    Is the e-waste bin indoors now or where? I walked all around the building. Too bad I did not call out to the man on the roof who dropped something down to the ground.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    @crafter @coupon girl, heard on the news this morning that they are recommending Canadian women get mammograms starting at age 40 now.
    Yes, I saw the news headline but the change will take effect in Fall 2024. That could be good news for areas served by the mobile mammogram bus!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread Information