User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree1061Likes

Thread: December 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Started cleaning the kitchen but I admit I am moving a little slowly today.

The dishwasher was not run last night so added a couple more things and turned it on.

Washed a few dishes that cannot go in the Dishwasher, our one frying pan, the big stock pot and the Instant Pot lid.

Once the dishwasher is done, I will unload it, reload it and wash whatever else we cannot get in.

Need to figure out dinner for tonight, thinking something simple, maybe a one-pot or pan meal.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks frugalbig mama they do like kinder eggs.

I am exhaused my daughter and sebastian just left at 2.30 p.m .We had xmas yesterday so for 5 days i have been on the go with my cold (worse at night).

My daughter got me lovely pjs and a top too small i want to take back to winners (no bill but the tag is on it)son got us a ninja coffee maker looks cool and of course a few gift cards .My dear daughter bought my most favourite perfume Nest -indigo.

So as much as i like a good deal to tired to go out and look for sales .Need to rest and do laundry .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped into the other SDM and bought 2 x Peanut M&M's for our carry on bag for trip in March (my brother in law's fav)
    And a Meyer's hand soap on clearance that smells so good. Totally for my bathroom!

Then RCSS- I spent $0 but picked up nail polish remover for my friend since she text me when I was in there saying she wanted to go to Walmart to get some- So I looked at RCSS and it was all marked on clearance! They had 0 wrapping paper etc. It must have all sold yesterday or before Christmas.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Another foggy damp day but no snow so I will take it.

Not a crazy work day which is great. I will plug away at it all this morning and then just check emails this afternoon.

I took out BLSL chicken breast from the freezer last night. I have it baking in the oven now. Once done I will let it cool and put in the fridge for dinner.

Will get out later today for fresh air and walk.

Have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Working on getting back into routines, I hate that one night can throw me off so much. Last night I took a melatonin in hopes of falling alseep earlier and it worked, I fell asleep at 10 pm was up at 7:30 this morning and decided to head out and do out shopping.

So far I have only gone to No Frills but might check out a few other stores, my store is good for day to day shopping but found their selection for some treats for New Year's is a little disappointing. Grabbed some basics:
    Milk
    Rye Bread $2.49
    Sandwich Meat $6 (Half Turkey, Half Black Forest Ham)
    Ribs $2.99/lb
    Lemons 2lbs $2.88
    Mushrooms Naturally Imperfect $4
    Fresh Ginger $1.99/lb
    Pepperoni $11.99
    Perogies 2 kgs $4.99
    Cheese Nibs $2

I spent more than planned but did not plan on the ribs but figured they would be nice for a family dinner. I do not eat them but others like them. The pepperoni has gone up used to be $10 but still the cheapest option and we like this brand. Perogies were cheaper to buy the big bag of No Name than the ones on sale. Grabbed the Sandwich meat as I need to get back on track.

My routines are so far off right now, we are eating at odd times. Dinner has regularly been around 7 pm which is part of the reason I have been going to bed later, I cannot eat and go to bed. So I need to get back on track with eating at normal times so I can get back on track with going to bed at a normal time.

How is it so easy to fall out of routines??? Sorry, I tell myself every year this won't happen and every year it does. But I getting a jump start on things and getting back on track early so next week isn't so rough.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to winners i went as my daughter bought a top way too tight for me ,no bill but the tag was attached so they gave me a gift card .

I found at winners on clearance

A set of frosty the snow man glasses reg 12.99 on for $4.00 will give to someone next year

a set of 3 gift card holders reg 4.99 on for 1.50
    a roll of wrapping paper 1.50 last one
    2 pairs of ladies soft socks 4.00 reg 12.99
    2 pairs of xmas ladies slip on socks half one 1.00 each

a small wooden cutting board 12.99 for under my air fryer .

Then went to shoppers on seniors day they had no giftsets all were gone on boxing day people were lined up around the block she told me .
    I just bought milk and dishwasher tabs for 20% off
    i did get tom smith ribbon 1.59 on clearance

I did notice the regular prices going up in shoppers on a lot of items 20-40 cents more ,its coming .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just popped out to Food Basics to grab romaine, yogurt, Cracker Barrel cheese shreds ($4.98 x 2 and used save $3 WUB 2 coupon) (Keeping my kid stocked up on his cheese) and pistacios (for our flight/cruise in March) Paid at self checkout and used change .

Dinner tonight is Chicken Ceaser salad or wraps.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Dec 28th, 2023 at 02:30 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Last night I went to RCSS as we need green beans because we have friends for dinner tonight, no green beans but they had boneless skinless chickens thigh on clearance, most packs were 750 gr and they were 6.00 each. I knew i had some room in the freezer as DH had taken the ham out for the dinner with his brother and family. So I bought 8 packages. They still had lot's of Christmas stuff but the prices were not much better than before Christmas and I only bought some holiday napkins as we are out. But I still need green beans.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

no real food shopping was needed but since my sister sent me 2 new recipes, I just HAD to go get broccoli for the one ( broccoli feta soup! ).
    I struck out finding frozen mini phyllo shells for the " 3 ingredient " Cranberry Brie Bites. I liked that the 2nd recipe will mean I can use up the
    leftover brie from our Charcuterie board and the cranberry sauce from the 25th!
    Hrmph! I must find those pastry shells somewhere.

Sounds like many of you were savvy shoppers passing on buying anything when the supposed boxing day sales were a disappointment.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby Puff pastry is not very big but easier to find in grocery stores. Just have to work fast to cut squares or rounds out of the pastry! Also handy for Epiphany cake on Jan. 6.

Loved your Air Miles menu shop before Christmas! Way to work your miles!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

January 2024 thread is posted because we are that close to the New Year: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/448608...a/#post7244563

If you have those cold and cough and supplement coupons from the Pfizer insert that surfaced in late November in raddar flyer bundle or newspapers, the coupons have to be used by Sunday! Fewer coupons probably due to it being hard to find cough and cold products. I'm still seeking the Advil Cold and Sinus convenience pack and have struck out for months.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@coupon girl Winners is my shopping Kryptonite. I probably will visit this weekend to see if greeting cards are on clearance. @harbie Given that many supply ships are being rerouted from the Red Sea, it's likely stock might be taking a long time to get into port. Like in 2021. If there's a way to have a Homesense employee alert you when planners come in, see if you can work that information connection.

I'd like to stock up on groceries this week as snow flurries are in a few days' forecasts next week. Have not gone to buy anything yet today. Library computer network and phones went down after 12pm and I managed to see one desktop had some Internet access going after 2:30pm. Have to read flyers etc! Would have loved to be online yesterday but the rain was heavy enough to prevent any walking out or I'd have been wet in two minutes.

Joint pain due to menopause has struck last week. I'm constantly shifting and seeking extra time under bedding as the warmth slightly helps but I'm so moody as I'm in different pain areas due to hormone drop plus cancer (still on the move). $21.99 for an 88ml of Lakota roll on pain relief is on my list of things to try as is blue spruce essential oil. Or should I be going hard on Yves veggie round/Sol veggie burgers to see if soy products do offer any pain respite?? Maybe I should visit the local surplus store to see what's on its shelves at better prices first.

Thankful I have good walking shoes and a gel cushion that is helping ease some pain but wowsers, I am not prepared for how much bones can ache.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Finally, got the kitchen cleaned. I had been avoiding the hand dishes but got them done.

Spent some time in the Dining Room Digging out some things that will live on the new shelves, like my double Air Fryer and our Skillet.

Went with Mom to an appointment, I was going to do some grocery shopping well she was in her appointment but it was really raining and shopping in the rain is no fun so just sat in the car. She was in a lot of pain after her appointment due to how she had to stand so we just came home after. Originally she wanted to go to Bulk Barn which is why I went with her, but all good.

Well, we made Dinner I washed all of my new Rubbermaid Prep containers which will live on the shelves. So this weekend when I prep, I will have my prep containers ready to go.

Dinner was Turkey Tetrazzini with a side of Broccoli. Working on getting more produce in my diet again, I was doing well until December and it fell off over the holidays. Trying to make sure every meal has produce in or with it. I know we are bad that if we have a casserole unless there are veggies in it, rarely do I serve a veggie on the side, but I am working on it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Friday! Short work day for me today! WOOHOO! I made it though working the few days between Christmas and New Years. 1st time I have done it in 24 years! And it wasn't bad at all (since working from home anyway!) And the reward is carrying over 10 vacation days to add to my already plentiful vacation days that are not used for when my kids were out of school and not having to pay childcare!

My friend needs a distraction so we are going way for the night tonight. Pool/hot tub/steam room etc with a nice dinner out and fancy hotel room is just what she needs! I am packed and ready to go for when she picks me up later this morning. Will wash up the dishes and clean the kitchen before leaving
    Leftover BLSL Chicken breasts in the fridge for the guys Or they will figure something out

Have a wonderful weekend!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning, woke up at 4:30 but waited for Mom to go to bed to get up at 5.

I was going to run out and grab a few things but honestly, I do not feel like it.

So, instead, I am working on all of the things around the house. Laundry is going, towels are done, the rest is in the dryer or on the rack, so, I put the microfibre cloths in. I might wash the new bedding as well, we will see how I feel later.

The bathroom has been cleaned.

Some minor tidying up has been done.

Now I think it is time for Breakfast.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information