User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1061Likes

Thread: December 2023 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Today went to mastermind that is closing by me a lot of things were 10-20% off ,so not as good as the grandparents day of 20% off everything
    I do not understand why businesses that are going out of business waste their time on non-sensical lukewarm sales, with 10-20% discounts. It was obvious they weren't doing well enough with such timid sales and that is likely the prime reason for their bankruptcy. Continuing the same trend of over-priced items is not going to magically draw in droves of customers. Bed, Bath, and Beyond did the same, when they were going under. It seems like such a waste of time and money to even bother changing price tags to show such minor discounts. Do they really think that it will generate massive crowds out of nostalgia or loyalty, when their normal operations couldn't do the same? It's not like they are closing a few stores and moving the remaining inventory to other locations for re-sale.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Herman -they are not closing all mastermind stores as the one in the next city is open still 20 minute drive from me.This one was in a walmart plaza so maybe it had no chance ,but it was crowded a lot of the people were around the generation dolls and the clothing for 20% ,mind it was still too high in price for me for doll clothing .A young mom beside me told me canadian tire had a few clothing for 15.97 which i thanked her and went a bought one .

The liquidators want the best price so they start low on most items usually they mark up before closing ,this wasnt the case here.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hope your mom is feeling better @SassyAshley . Sounds bad but I hope it’s a bladder infection and NOT kidney stones. Been there done that ( actually still doing it). They’re no fun. Sending feeling better vibes her way

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am doing a bit of wrapping -anyway i decided to try a pair a mens socks on i bought my son the brand is carhartt they are black and padded and fit me so nice so i am keeping one pair for myself .I in turn gave him another pair of the mens gap ones i bought .lol
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the Sobey's daily contest posted but it's just for SCENE+ members this year (No QC). Hope to read more posts on Friday. Just glad I could spend some time here today but it's always not enough time...
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Thank you, we are hoping for a bladder infection as well, she is feeling better and says her kidney does not hurt now just feels sore so I am hoping that is a good sign.

Today was another appointment for Mom she was referred to the Joint Clinic to address her hip and knee, they are saying surgery for the hip but the knee is not surgical yet but will be at some point. She is a bit young but the damage is there. The clinic will be able to refer her to some program our doc cannot which will hopefully help her until she can be booked for surgery, they are saying it will be about 2 years.

I took the morning off and went with her because we were not sure how much walking she would have to do and walking is a challenge. She is uncomfortable now from the walking and the accessement.

Now, I am back to working, spoke to a manager and got an extra work-from-home day tomorrow which is much needed right now. I cannot believe we go on shutdown next Friday, I mean I am happy but feeling so behind, there are so many things I have to hand in before shutdown.

On the way home I did some grocery shopping, I was kind of disappointed. I went into Metro to grab some of the Knorr No Salt, we do not use boullion because of the sodium and these are the perfect alternative but every bottle on the self was expired. Now I know they are good past their expiry but since they were already expired and would be going into my stockpile that was a no-go. I already have a bottle of each open in the kitchen pantry.

Then I stopped at Wal-Mart and got Mushrooms and Ranch Dressing.

Need to look at next week's flyers and see what deals are to be had. I think we mostly just need fresh stuff but for the right price pantry staples are always welcome.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Once in bankruptcy, the store no longer has control. The sales are taken over by bankruptcy trustees and they want to get as much money as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I do not understand why businesses that are going out of business waste their time on non-sensical lukewarm sales, with 10-20% discounts. It was obvious they weren't doing well enough with such timid sales and that is likely the prime reason for their bankruptcy. Continuing the same trend of over-priced items is not going to magically draw in droves of customers. Bed, Bath, and Beyond did the same, when they were going under. It seems like such a waste of time and money to even bother changing price tags to show such minor discounts. Do they really think that it will generate massive crowds out of nostalgia or loyalty, when their normal operations couldn't do the same? It's not like they are closing a few stores and moving the remaining inventory to other locations for re-sale.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    Once in bankruptcy, the store no longer has control. The sales are taken over by bankruptcy trustees and they want to get as much money as possible.
    I understand that, but the trustees should also know that piddly sales discounts weren't motivating the buying public pre-bankruptcy. Why would anyone think that the same promotional level would magically attract buyers? Also, all that time and effort advertising lukewarm offers could have been saved by immediately going making offers that actually generate interest. I remember watching Bed and Bath hiring people to stand on corners waving signs and cars with roof signage driving around trying to drum up sales with minor offers. Those things cost money and a couple extra weeks of labour and other operational costs spent keeping the store open for pissant promotions likely cost more than they generated.
    harbie, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, we got snow last night, yes they were calling for snow but still a girl can live in denial that it would not happen. So some shovelling and cleaning cars is in my future.

I have to admit, I went through the flyers last night and not a lot jumped out at me this week but there are a few fresh things I will pick up. I should go grocery shopping today but I have to be honest, I just don't feel like it. The homebody in me is coming out and pointing out that I have been out every day this week and I just need a nice be-at-home day where I can knock out some work stuff and some house stuff.

Has anyone else noticed the shift with the PC Offers? I was looking through mine this morning and noticed I get fewer personal offers and more of the Spend X on Y and get Z points. I find most of these Spend X get Z offers feel unobtainable when have I ever spent $15 on Apples, or $20 in canned goods in one shop? Also, I feel like everyone else is getting the same offers and they are not based on what I buy, this week I got:
    Spend $30 on Toilet Paper
    Spend $15 on Paper Towel
    Spend $20 on Laundry Detergent
    All of these products we buy at Costco, but I do feel like based on current pricing these might not be hard to acheive but I also would not buy unless they were on sale.

Happy Thursday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy i do agree with you i have all those no frills deals as you stated who spends $20 on detergent in one sitting for a family of 2 .They should adjust their personal points to address maybe the household.

Today i dropped into freshco on the way to sons house ,used 10.00 in points paid $65.78
    i found the $50 cent dairy cpn got 4 gay lea butter for 4.50 each after coupon and my scene card

Then popped into shoppers on seniors day and used my 10.00 promo card from last week paid $25.I bought the girls strawberries for 5.99 to their house i paid 4.79 after my personal offer.

I helped the girls write a letter to santa and we mailed it (no postage needed)if you got it out before dec7 ,you will recieve a reply before xmas .Cara was jumping up and down at the mail box with such excitement .lol
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley my Toilet paper offer was earn 4,500 points wys $45.00?? Others were also laughable. 4,000 points wys $40.00 on laundry soap.
    4,000 points wys $40.00 on fresh beef, 3,500 points wys $35.00 on canned goods, then the offer for apples was earn $1.50 in points wys $15.00 on apples.
    Since WM had galas on for .64 a lb. I bought 3 lbs. for $1.92 from there. No way we'd ever finish up $15.00 worth of apples if we had pm-ed them.
    The overall spend was the most funny. Earn 35,000 points wys $350.00 ! Yikes.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I can’t even sort through the offers now. There are so many and like others have said they are for ridiculous amounts. I am also dealing with a confused app. I have lots of great offers for Atlantic superstore and I am back in Ontario. Buy the time it resets I will be there. I have 64 offers this week and 3 are personal new and 4 saved. I can’t even sort through all the others so it’s just a surprise when I get points now, but it’s still some amount of free groceries so I will complain but be grateful.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes i got my turkey for free with my p.c points we went to fortinos as the butterball were on sale 1.99 a pound i paid $28.62-30.00 in p.c points=1.38 left over for my rest of the stuff i bought.

Then went and got batteries for our key fobs and home again.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    My anxiety took over my want to be a homebody yesterday.

I went to No Frills, I did not get a lot but got:
    1 x Apples 6lbs $5
    1 x Clementines 5lbs $3.88
    4 x No Name Fries $2.29 + 1600 pts (400 pts/package)
    2 x Tortillas $1.75 wub 2
    3 x Butter $4.99 (2 x Unsalted, 1 x Salted)

Then I went to Giant Tiger because they had Molasses for $3.47 and Mom mentioned she needed more for her homemade BBQ Sauce. Normally I buy it when I get a Points offer at No Frills but this was $2 cheaper.

Well, I was at Giant Tiger I also picked up a few toys for the donation box we have at work. I usually try to get things for older kids so I got a couple of beauty kits for the tweens/teens and a hockey pinball game.

I also went to Costco because honestly, the closer we get to Christmas the less I want to go but they had some items on sale I wanted to grab and we were out or almost out of a few of our Costco staples. It turned out to be a large shop but I did buy more than what was on my list. Some of the highlights:
    They had Roots stock on sale, they were not what I was expecting them to be but they were so soft, I grabbed a pack for each of us. Mom loves fuzzy socks but cannot find new ones she likes hoping although they aren't fuzzy they will work for her.

They had Butter on sale for $4.49 so I stocked up grabbing 4 Salted and 8 unsalted to get us through the Holiday Season.

Also grabbed the Lole Sherpa purse for myself.

Then for groceries, I got Chicken Wings as we were low, hot dogs as we were out and Sausages as we have been eating them more often as sheet pan dinners. Then we need Ricotta, Parmesan (last time I went they were out and could not find it at first this time, but so happy I found it), and Cheese Slices. Mini Wheats & Tea were on sale, plus I grabbed more Bacon Bits as we use those in soups and more syrup as I am sure there will be waffles, pancakes, or french toast over shutdown. Just to be safe grabbed Sugar and Brown Sugar, I know they say Ontario won't see the shortage but now they are talking about prices going up because of the shortage so better to stock up. In the Pharmacy, I got Collagen, Calcium Magnesium, Probiotics and Arthritis Pain Relief.

I had an amount in mind and came in $30 under so I am happy. Plus we have a stocked house which always makes me happy.

Happy Friday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What a week!!! TGIF!!!

Crazy deadlines that we had to push back.
    Work Christmas party yesterday.
    Crazy day today but finished and met the new deadline!

Needed to get out for a bit so went for a walk around Walmart to see if there were any deals we needed. Grabbed lettuce and 2 x 30pk
    medium eggs $2.44 (one broken in each) and 18pk large $1.67 (2 broken) I used the last 2 eggs in the house this morning so perfect timing!!
    Picked up Downy for $3.99 at Independent. (my last great find is almost finished)

Grabbed more good coupons at No Frills. $3 wub 2 CB/BD cheese. .50 off Dairy ( i have .75 off too that I need to dig out for the butter- Thanks Coupongirl for the reminder)

My plan tomorrow is to wrap all the gifts Will make coffee and start 1st thing in the morning to get it done.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information