User Tag List

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1061Likes

Thread: December 2023 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day!

Really hope to get to the wrapping this afternoon. Figure if I start I will get on a roll and finish

Dinner- We still have tacos and lasagna so it will be a leftovers night. So since no cooking is needed I need to complete a house task on top of the regular things- Thinking I will tackle cleaning out a tall plastic storage bin!

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Into week 5 of leg injury and still no noticeable improvement! I'm starting to think that perhaps the Doctor is correct and healing may be measured by months not weeks! Thankfully I can still get out with my air cast but takes twice as long to walk to corner and back.Going elsewhere is pretty much limited as it uses up too much energy.
    With less than one week left before Christmas I now realise the error of my ways and should've been better prepared but alas it will all work out in the end!
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy , hope you start to feel some relief soon.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The Christmas gifts are wrapped! I knew once I started I would continue till done and voila! (Just have to make my cheese/wine/chocolate boxes but that is a last minute creation- have the boxes ready just need to do once going because the cheese is in fridge

Have 2 items to return to Mark's. Will do tonight or tomorrow night.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner tonight was Domino's, we had a free pizza on the app and my work gives us $30.00 to spend on a holiday meal as we wish so I use it to feed the family & everyone has leftovers for lunch.
    I decided to take advantage of the Sobeys gift card offer, so a chunk of money now but since I can use these for gas in NS it works out. I did 5 @ $150.00 and used one for Sobeys & Fresh Co in the past week. It also bumped my Scene points to $150.00 so that will come in handy for groceries next year when i run out of gift cards.
    Now to spend some time cleaning & posting stuff to give away or sell.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So, I got an idea in my head and went with it.

One of the biggest things I am struggling with when it comes to cleaning up the main floor is where to put stuff while I work in an area. Whether it be stuff that will have a home once I am done working or stuff I need to be set aside for Mom to decide on. Originally, my idea was to move it to the basement as there is room there but let's be real, that was going to be a lot of up and down and possibly back down if Mom wanted to keep it and put it in the basement.

So, instead, I took some measurements and determined one of our shelving units from the basement would fit if I cleared it off. So, that is what I did this morning. I cleared it off took it apart and brought it upstairs. This way I can sort things onto the shelves and keep them out of my way until I have a home for them or until Mom decides if she wants to keep them.

Mom had an appointment this afternoon so I went with her and ran some errands. I went into a different Dollarama to look for Paper Bags and a Sink stopper, but, they did not have either. But, well I was there I remembered what I needed a basket for so I grabbed a few baskets I will use in the Dining Room. Then I went to Walmart because we were out of Salt for our outside stairs and also found a package of Fuzzy socks for Mom, she loves them and hers have holes. So now she can get rid of the old ones.

After her appointment we went into a different Dollar Store, it is a local store and got paper bags, two sink stoppers, and Mom got a few bins for her freezer. Our plan is to turn the upstairs freezer into her Freezer so she doesn't have to go down the basement.

She wanted to go to Bulk Barn too, but she was done so that will be a trip for another day.

Tonight's Dinner was Dumplings and Chicken Fried Rice.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Dont forget to save your p.c offers .

I watched the girls today ,we took a pizza to their house left some for my son .They are getting so excited ,also did 2 loads of laundry for my daughter-in-law,son.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning, woke up at 4:30 and could not fall back asleep sp up I got to start my day.

Was at No Frills at 8 am, I had not planned to go shopping as I did not see a lot in the flyers we needed but I forgot to grab two things at Wal-Mart yesterday we need so off to No Frills I went. I got a few good deals:
    2 x Blueberries $1.88 (PM Food Basics)
    1 x Cauliflower $1.44 (PM Wal-Mart)
    4 x Broccoli Crowns $1.25 (PM Food Basics) + 4000 pts WUB 4
    1 x Garlic 3-pack $0.99
    1 x Green Beans $1.49/lb
    3 x Pork Tenderloin 2/pack $2.99/lb + 2300 pts (100 pts/$)
    1 x White Bread $1.99
    1 x Hot Dog Buns 18-pack $3.49 + 600 pts
    2 x Goldfish $2
    4 x Beef Broth $1.27 (PM Wal-Mart)
    1 x Frozen Baby Carrots $2.99

The White Bread is needed for our stuffing for Christmas and I kept forgetting to pick it up. The baby carrots are also for Christmas I was going to buy them when I got the Turkey but all of the ones at Zehrs were a hard clump making me think they had defrosted and refroze. The Goldfish are for our Party mix as they were cheaper than Cheese Nibs.

Happy Thursday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Busy work day but will get it done!

Dinner- Have a pork roast and roast beef in the oven. Will make mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans to go with.

Cleaning the kitchen as I go.

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning all.

Where has December gone?! Seriously. It’s always a busy month for me but this year it’s been off the charts busy!

I can’t wait til Friday and Dh and I are off until Wednesday. The plan was to do a deep springlike clean but I’m rethinking that and will probably just sleep .

Can't really think of the deals I got this month except for some Nuts for Cheese at Safeway.
    Reg $10.99 sale $9.99- $1 coupons (never seen these before)=$8.99 plus 200pts ea making them $6.99. I grabbed several since they’re good until March and May and I earned $10 in points back.

Off to work again…… enjoy your day everyone and @Skippy I truly hope you get some relief soon

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are holding a Mastermind Toys gift card, it must be spent by Dec 24 or bye-bye card use: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...erns-1.7065796

Use the gift card ASAP! You might score some toy deals for future gift occasions or to stock a toyroom for a cause.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

My Thursday 7 a.m. adventures.

I did a run to a far (er) away Metro than my usual one. Just to get the Delicata squash that I wanted for Christmas Day.
    No one else seemed to carry any and after phoning ahead I learned the produce guy at this location only had a couple left,
    so he put 2 aside.
    GULP!!! The price I paid for these 2 large squashes was obscene! ( $7.38 + $6.88 ) O.K. I did earn 3 AM on them through my offers, lol.
    But the rest of the shop was great!
    Bought a single Clementine ( .80 ) to earn 5 AM, 3 green grapes ( .27 ) to earn 5 AM, Now, don't faint at the $42.00 Easy Carve Prime Rib
    Premium Roast I bought, earned 10 AM on that ( this will be for end of January, a birthday feast! ) , picked up 2 x 2L cartons of Natrel milk
    ( $5.49 ea.) to earn 15 AM.
    Total AM earned 36 bonus + 4 base = 40 AM.
    I paid only $4.00 for my entire purchase by redeeming 760 AM to save $80.00. My own woo hoo!!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today popped into freshco on the way to son s house
    got things i needed onions ,carrots,cranberries,got a bag of reduced clementines $1.49 only one was bad .Used 10.00 in scene points.

I decided to splurge and got corn on the cob 5.99 for my grandaughters for supper with my homemade chicken soup -they loved nana .Poor little cara had a low grade fever so she will stay home with my son on friday .I gave her a bath while papa took ashlyn to tudoring from 6-7.00 p.m.

Oh and went to shoppers seniors day got my milk ,probiotics and dry mouth tablets also got allens cranberry drink 5.99-20%=4.79-1,000 points=3.79.I spent over 50 so got a 10.00 promo for next time.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh my, what a day yesterday.

I was working on our Dining Room, I got the area I needed to put the new shelves cleaned out, got the shelves built and that is where things started to change. At this point it is about 4 pm and we were discussing what we were going to put where on the shelves and as we were discussing it, I quickly started to realize, we are going to run out of shelf space. Took some measurements and realized with a little tweaking and moving furniture we coiuld set a second set of shelves.

I went on Canadian Tire's website to see if they still have the shelves, they did and they were on sale but no where online told me when the sale ended and since Canadian Tire's flyer change on Friday. So I decided to just got and get them, I am on a roll and do not want to stop.

When I got there the black version was cheaper than the Chrome version which is what I had. But, I saw the black version and fell in love so I bought 2 sets of black shelves.

At this point our Kitchen is a total disaster and full of stuff from the Dining Room so I could not stop. I had to move the Chrome Shelves to the basement which was not as easy as it sounds, they would not fit down the basement stairs. So I had to take them apart, the poles come in 2 peices so I took those apart and then got it downstairs in 2 peices. Put those back together in the basement.

Then I built one of the black units in the Dining Room so I could clean up the Kitchen because we have to do Christmas Prep today. By the time I got all of this done it was after 8, we had not had dinner, so leftovers it was.

But, I do have to say, I am in Love with the Black shelves they look so much better.

Today I need to do Christmas Prep, I have to make Muffins, Brownies and Cookie Dough, plus whatever Mom need done.

Happy Friday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh my, what a day yesterday.

I was working on our Dining Room, I got the area I needed to put the new shelves cleaned out, got the shelves built and that is where things started to change. At this point it is about 4 pm and we were discussing what we were going to put where on the shelves and as we were discussing it, I quickly started to realize, we are going to run out of shelf space. Took some measurements and realized with a little tweaking and moving furniture we coiuld set a second set of shelves.

I went on Canadian Tire's website to see if they still have the shelves, they did and they were on sale but no where online told me when the sale ended and since Canadian Tire's flyer change on Friday. So I decided to just got and get them, I am on a roll and do not want to stop.

When I got there the black version was cheaper than the Chrome version which is what I had. But, I saw the black version and fell in love so I bought 2 sets of black shelves.

At this point our Kitchen is a total disaster and full of stuff from the Dining Room so I could not stop. I had to move the Chrome Shelves to the basement which was not as easy as it sounds, they would not fit down the basement stairs. So I had to take them apart, the poles come in 2 peices so I took those apart and then got it downstairs in 2 peices. Put those back together in the basement.

Then I built one of the black units in the Dining Room so I could clean up the Kitchen because we have to do Christmas Prep today. By the time I got all of this done it was after 8, we had not had dinner, so leftovers it was.

But, I do have to say, I am in Love with the Black shelves they look so much better.

Today I need to do Christmas Prep, I have to make Muffins, Brownies and Cookie Dough, plus whatever Mom need done.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    lol I pulled the large black shelving that was in our garage and put in my office so I could organize stuff while setting up/cleaning etc. It is helping (have a shelf full of the Christmas box items.) Once the Christmas gift stuff is gone I will slowly clean off each shelf and return it to the garage

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information