User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1061Likes

Thread: December 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I may have fallen asleep on the couch so, no Cinnamon Buns, I will make them for New Year's instead.

Plus I think Mom is planning some light prep for tomorrow so this will leave her room in the fridge for that.

I had hoped to get a few more things done today but, I took a nap so it is what it is. I have the Christmas stuff ready to go, that is all that matters.

I think my week is catching up with me, I am so tired today. I think my body just really needs a day off. It is so hard because there is so much I want to get done before I go back to work because who knows what will happen when I go back. I know for sure we have one new staff member starting in the new year and HR mentioned there were some discussions of some other postings going up when we come back. Plus January and February are supposed to be mass training months and I have not even started that as I got pulled into something right before Shutdown.

One of these days I will be able to make a plan and stick to it LOL. It is not that I don't try but with my job things happen and plans get put on the backburner.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks for the well wishes i put vicks on the bottom of my feet and chest the last 2 nights it really helped .

I had to go out this morning last minute food and an extra bottle of wine .Sobeys was busy at 10.00 a.m i scopped a sour dough bread 4.00 as my daughter loves sour dough and sebastian .Of course my girlfriend called wednesday night to invite us over on xmas eve at 7.00 so popped into dollarama to get her 4 grandkids crayons and colouring books to take a small gift for the kids .

I just called my older brother in london ,ont to wish him merry xmas early and we chatted for a bit.

Just doing laundry and i will have a bath and relax before we go out tonight.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Holidays to all!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Merry xmas everyone .

Today i get to rest a little ,last night went to my girlfriends a lovely feast it was fish etc.Home at 10.00 my cold is worse in the night .
    My daughter will come later today and sleep over then on boxing day i will have our turkey feast and the grandkids will open their presents .It doesnt matter the day to me just having them all here is nice.

My dear son is on nights on boxing day so we will eat in the afternoon so he can take part before he goes off to work.

Everyone have a wonderfull day !

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Merry Christmas Everyone,

Yesterday I met up with both Bros and Sis-in-Law and we went to our Cousin's house to see his kids and give them their gifts. We hung out there for a couple of hours before before they had to leave to go to My Aunt's and Uncle's and we headed back to Dad's.

We did a Chacuttiere Board at 4 pm because we were not having Dinner until 8 pm as we were going to have Dinner with Opa who ate his lunch at 2 pm. His internal schedule is all over the place and since his fall there are good days and bad days, yesterday was a good day.

It was kind of funny because my Step-Mom cooked the dinner at her house and then carried everything over to Opa's. So offer came most of carrying a dish in each hand. Opa's caregivers set-up his Dining with Lights and set the table and set it all up for us to have Dinner. Growing up and Oma and Opa always had everything on hand if some just stopped by that they could invite them in and had food and drink available and his caregivers do the same now so if we ever pop by they food and drinks are available.

Today is a quiet day with Mom, we are cooking the Turkey which is cute. Mom is not having a good day, she did some prep yesterday when I was at Dad's and it was a bit much for her. Sadly I think we need to look into replacing the floor in our kitchen as she cannot stand on it at all, even with mats it throws her off. I feel like the house projects are adding up and it is hard because a lot of it is stuff we cannot do ourselves.

Merry Christmas and Happy Monday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Merry xmas sassy.

I just ordered some clinque moisturizer gift set for me and 2 small other gifts for daughter and daughter-in-law plus eye shadow palette because i spent over 60 i got a free 8 piece set for me .Merry xmas to me ,i love clinque and wait til boxing day every year -good thing i ordered today as a few items have sold out already in the gift set.

Plus 4 % raketan back.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Howdy everyone.

Super chill day for Dh and I. Of course nothing was open except a Starbucks but I didn’t cave. No spending today.

Did an early morning 5 km run ( on the tread as it was cold and raining), did a couple of loads of laundry and went to feed my ducks. I love them , especially Limpy.

Just finished dinner of my split pea and lentil soup with cheezy garlic buns and now Dh is cleaning up the kitchen. I got myself a good one .

No plans for Boxing Day so we will see what the weather is going to be like.

Have a great night.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Even though we had a low-key Christmas this year I do have to admit I feel like I am in Christmas burn-out right now. I am feeling so tired and we still have dinner with Bro.

Last night did not go as planned, our cute little turkey would not cook, it should have been done by 5, but nope it wasn't done until almost 7 and still needed to rest. Around 6, I came up with plan B and made Instant Pot Dump and Go Alfredo and added Chicken, Mushrooms and Broccoli.

The kitchen is now a mess from making 2 dinners, since we ate so late by the time we were done I did not have it in me to clean the kitchen. We still need to do a few more things to go with the Turkey.

Now, I will admit, I am not really looking for anything this Boxing Day but so far I have to say the sales I have looked at are kind of disappointing. I was looking at some Clothing and even with 50% + 10% off but, the shirts were still $40+, still too high for me.

As well I have been on a few sites and have noticed a lot of items are already sold out. Maybe it is just me but do not email me deals with you are sold out company-wide. It would be one thing if my local store did not have them but when they are out at my local store, no stores nearby have and it is sold out for online purchase maybe emailing everyone "WOW" "Check-Out this Price" is not a good idea.

Happy Boxing Day Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did not sleep well last night and then spent the day driving my mom home which is almost 4 hours and it was foggy and slow traffic on the way back so I announced I am not cooking and we can eat the leftovers which seems to be fine with everyone.
    Now I am wrapped up in a blanket on the couch.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

The only “Boxing Day” shopping I ended up doing was at TSC through Rakuten for 10% CB, got $10 wub savings and the items were on sale. I’m happy.

Dh and I lifted today, got diesel ( 75 bonus AM) and enjoyed a nice long walk in the sunshine. Last night it was super windy and rainy and of course it kept me up so it was a super chill day and soaked up every last bit of sun today before the rain returns.

Off to bed early and then back to work

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Didn't walk in any stores yesterday. Will probably take a walk though a few today .

Our gas prices keep jumping here. Up and down by around 7 cents. Glad I topped up on the drive yesterday while out of town.

Getting my work stuff done this morning. Wrote out a list of things to get done today. (take old office chair to the dump/ put wrapping paper box away etc)

DS got his fancy new drill he wanted for work. ( So the basement door is back up )

My sister sent us home with so much food Christmas eve- Not sure what is left as we haven't been home to eat it! (well I'm sure the night time gremlin has been at it) So will wash up the few dishes in the sink and clean out the fridge this morning. Should think about doing some laundry too. Maybe tomorrow lol. I'm just not in the mood! I will put away the laundry that is dry on the rack that I washed and hung to dry Christmas eve morning ( and that was only because I had 0 yoga pants and figured I would want a pair Christmas day

Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just looked over the upcoming sale flyers posted. Only a few fresh items needed. Looks like Food Basics for the win. Clementines/almonds/romaine/greek yogurt.
    Will check out the tomatoes a Walmart (for chicken tetrazini- thinking this will be New Years dinner)

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Today is a Blah day for me.

I slept in until 9 am which is so unlike me. I got out of my routine and I am not struggling to get back on track. Last night I could not sleep at all, I did not fall asleep until almost 2 am.

Then to wake up to a cool rainy day has me wanting to do nothing. Right now I am curled up on the couch under a blanket with a cup of tea watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix.

But I will be honest, my house is a disaster and there is so much to be done but honestly in this moment I do not care, I know I should but I don't.

The only boxing day shopping I did was buying 4 Kindle books that were on sale.

I will look at the flyers but honestly, don't feel like we need much, maybe just some milk.

Happ Wednesday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Internet was down so I couldn't work. So decided to pop out to Mark's to do the returns I had.
    Took a look around and there are some deals but didn't buy anything.
    Decided to pop in SDM since I was there and picked up 2 Mario Bros electric toothbrush/tooth for my friends twins. They are both obsessed with Mario so they will love them! I think I will go for a drive to the next town later today and check out that SDM.

Was waiting for Purolator and he just delivered! Great timing since DS was suppose to listen for the delivery but he was in the basement when I returned home.

The hoody I am wearing is full of stains! It is my fav one so I need to do some seriously scrubbing. Will deal with work now and then once done have a shower and get dressed for the day. Will scrub my hoodie and let it sit for awhile soaking before putting in the washer. Try and not buy black all the time lol and this is what happens.
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@coupongirl - I think you buy kinder eggs for your Grandkids? SDM has a 4pk marked down to $3.59. It is in Christmas cardboard but the eggs inside are wrapped like the everyday ones you buy. Pretty good deal!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information