User Tag List

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1604Likes

Thread: January 2024 Frugal Chatter thread (it's a leap year!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I need to go to Costco this week. I was going to go last week but I got the coupons that start Monday and there are actually quite a few good deals for us:
    Frozen Triple Berries (My fav)
    Old Cheddar
    Chicken Broth
    Laundry Detergent
    Fabric Softener

So it is going to be a big trip but with the Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener it should stock us up for the rest of the year.

Did my yearly chat regarding TV/Internet, I do not know why it has to be such a process. I get it they want to get the most $$$ but the first offer I was given, I lost 30+ channels and was going to cost me $30 more a month. So we had to go in circles but finally, I got exactly what I was looking for within my budget so I am happy.

Now I can complete my budget for the year, this is my last entry and then I can finalize the numbers.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in this morning until 7:30 which is normal when I am in my morning routine sleeping in is 7 to 7:30 but I do not know what it is, now I feel like I am behind. Every time I look at the clock I think it should be earlier which has left me feeling very behind today.

Today's focus is to get my prep done, I do not have a ton of prep but I do want to get some cooking done to get us ahead for the week to come.

Hoping it won't take too long if I focus and just get to work. I already have the oven going and focaccia rising in the miscrowave now it is time to prep the produce.

Happy Sunday.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Sunday!

Popped out to Walmart and No Frills to walk around. Picked up a few groceries needed (rye bread/cereal requested by DS and a few other things)
    Went to the self car wash and washed the car.
    Then came home and cleaned the kitchen. Made breakfast (egg on English muffin) and now thinking we should go for a little hike before the snowy weather shows up later this week. Need to pack some snacks etc

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama yikes! You think you’re dad could have said hi in a less terrifying way
    @coupon girl thank you. If I didn’t have the odd Starbucks I’d feel horrible for my Dh having to live with me . Hope you get better health news this year
    @walkonby Love those soap box heels . I agree wit barbis9 about Costcos fruit. If you don’t have. A membership maybe you could get a friend to grab some or could you get a GC for Costco. I think you can still shop there without a membership if you have a GC but 8m not 100% sure.
    @lilo0003 Ooooooooh! I want to hear everyone’s dirty little non frugal secrets . I used to get mani/pedis regularly and I loved it!
    @barbis9 our lives sound so similar…..boring . Kidding, we’re not boring we are just fiscally responsible ( at least that’s what I tell myself)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I had to work yesterday since the window incident pushed some clients around. I made it to work and home without another window breaking so that’s good

I got the window fixed on Friday (it exploded on Thursday) so I was ecstatic that I was able to get in so fast. They had 1 window for my car in stock so that was lucky! I dropped it off and walked the 5km home and made it before the rain started.

Today will be a chill day. I do have to get some stuff at NF if I have the energy.

Have a fantastic Sunday everyone

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon my neighbour asked me over for a cup of tea -i gave her a marksworkwarehouse shirt for her hubby too small for mine he only wore it a few times.Then she gave me a box of pot of gold -no frills had them for 1.44 wow they were flying off the shelves she said.

Home doing laundry again shovelled we only had a bit of a dusting .Daughter called husband and said they have a foot of snow in toronto.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Took longer than I had hoped but the prepping is done for the week to come.

I made a batch of Rice to keep in the fridge as I am planning some bowls for Dinner one night this week, the meat will cooked in the slow cooker so I just have to chop the toppings the day of.

I Roasted off the Cauliflower and turned it into a Roasted Cauliflower Soup, we each had a bowl for lunch, and the rest is in the fridge for lunches this week.

Made another Focaccia Cheesy Garlic Bread to go with the Soup, we also each had a piece for Lunch.

Washed and took off the icky-looking pieces of the Romaine, and bagged it up. The icky pieces have been cut up to be used tonight with Dinner.

Mini cucumbers are washed and some have been chopped up for a quick side.

Green Onions have been washed and packaged.

I made Garlic Garlic Sauce to go with our Bowl for Dinner one night. I also made Peanut Butter Dip as I have been craving it.

Cut up some of the Kiwi I picked up to have with Yogurt and Frozen Blueberries.

Also, cut up some apples so I can have them with the Peanut Butter Dip as a quick snack.

I cleaned out the fridge there were a couple of Boiled Potatoes I was going to use to make Homefries and forgot but no other food waste.

I did see a Pepper I just bought had a spot on it so to be safe I chopped it up and put it in a container so it does not take the whole pepper or the other peppers in the package.

Mom cleaned the package of mushrooms we had so they just need to be chopped and used. Now she is packaging the Pepperoni for the freezer.

Dishes are done, just have to wash the skillet, it is soaking as the Focaccia was stuck in one spot. Will also turn on the Dishwasher when I go back into the Kitchen, the dinner dishes won't fit. Then I just need to take out the garbage and I am done for the day.

Tonight Mom is having Wings so I will have BBQ Chicken Ceasar Wraps with Homemade Wedges and either Brocolli or Green Beans as we have both we need to use up.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did my Costco trip at 10am today and it was not too crazy. I was able to do my return and shop in less than 45 minutes. I also did a SCOP today, I never SCOP so this is big. Metro had the peppermint international delights creamer on for 2/5.50 or 3.99 each. It rang through at 6.99 and normally I would just skip it but decided to go for scope. I also used the 1.00 off coupon. SCOP is my 2024 addition to my frugalness.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I did my Costco trip at 10am today and it was not too crazy. I was able to do my return and shop in less than 45 minutes. I also did a SCOP today, I never SCOP so this is big. Metro had the peppermint international delights creamer on for 2/5.50 or 3.99 each. It rang through at 6.99 and normally I would just skip it but decided to go for scope. I also used the 1.00 off coupon. SCOP is my 2024 addition to my frugalness.
    Well done on the SCOP! especially when using a coupon too nice 2024 resolution

I have a special savings account for SCOPs and PMs....it's a lot of hard work doing the extra .... Happy New Year!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I need to go to Costco this week. I was going to go last week but I got the coupons that start Monday and there are actually quite a few good deals for us:
    Frozen Triple Berries (My fav)
    Old Cheddar
    Chicken Broth
    Laundry Detergent
    Fabric Softener

So it is going to be a big trip but with the Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener it should stock us up for the rest of the year.

Did my yearly chat regarding TV/Internet, I do not know why it has to be such a process. I get it they want to get the most $$$ but the first offer I was given, I lost 30+ channels and was going to cost me $30 more a month. So we had to go in circles but finally, I got exactly what I was looking for within my budget so I am happy.

Now I can complete my budget for the year, this is my last entry and then I can finalize the numbers.
    Well done on negotiating the tv/internet deal! We negotiated our in June and within 4 months it was right back to where we started...have to make a call again.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This morning was a struggle to get up, do not know why but I woke up so tired and then when I got up, I started to get a headache, think it is the weather coming in. I am 100% ready to go into hibernation mode.

Yesterday turned into one of those days that everytime I sat done I remembered something else I needed to do and got back up.

After I finished preping I took the garbage out. Well, I was outside I shovelled and cleaned off the cars. Then I remembered I still had not dealt with the new bag of Ice Salt (we put it in a smaller container so it is easier to sprinkle).

I plan to go to Costco this week so I decided to head down to the basement, clean up the Chicken bin in the freezer, wanted to confirm what we had. We will need one pack. Then since I am buying a few frozen items I decided I should tidy the chest freezer. Just a quick tidy and I gained so much room, but I also hate keeping the chest freezer organized.

Feels like we are in a good place housewise going into this week. I do have some work to catch up on but I feel like if I focus it won't take long to get caught up.

This week I really need to focus on the Dining Room. Not going to lie I am at the point where I am avoiding it because now we need to decide what stays and what goes. Plus I think I need to buy more bins, I think my only option is to move a bunch of this to the basement and pack it up. We don't use it but it is "perfectly good" so yeah, that is where we are at.

Happy Monday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!!

We had a bit of snow overnight so I shoveled that first thing this morning. Now enjoying my coffee.

Dinner-Pulling steak strips from the freezer for dinner. Will make veggies, salad and a few other sides to go with it.

Today's house stuff plan- Do some online banking, walk to the mailbox and finish cleaning out the plastic bin I started on Friday. Sort all the papers and shred most of it! Sort office supplies. Nothing too exciting for a Monday!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I ended up having a very busy work day and worked late but was still able to make dinner while I worked.
    Made salad that we ate already. Our plates are ready to heat and eat. And tons of stuff out of the freezer (green beans/steak/periogies/garlic bread)
    And the kitchen is clean!

My storage bin is 95% done and I will finish up in the morning. Have a huge bag of shredding/garbage to put out to the garage.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Snow day for the kids in our area.
    I didn't go out at all yesterday. Had an eye appt. today but it was just canceled.

Off to pull some grub from the freezer for dinner. Thinking a homemade pasta sauce with pasta would be a good idea!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning i just shovelled 3 inches of snow took my time in small shovels.

I was gonna go out and buy deli meat and buns as my brother is coming for lunch ,but decided not to.So homemade soup it is for lunch .

Did go in dollarama yesterday after being at the Canada service centre.I got bread 3.00,bagels 3.25 and some english muffins 2.75 not bad prices .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information