User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1604Likes

Thread: January 2024 Frugal Chatter thread (it's a leap year!)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    The snow has been falling here most of the afternoon and evening, I am not looking forward to tomorrow. It looked like it was the heavy wet snow so we will see how the clean up goes.

Training went well, we will take a break tomorrow for them to absorb which means I have a catch-up day. I set everyone up with their winter projects so just waiting for them to come back.

Well Dinner was in the oven I started to work on the Dining Room table, we will eventually be getting rid of the Table but for now I am going to use it to sort on. I will clear it off and then line up all the plastic to see what we have lids for what we don't and then we can vote on what stays and what goes. So far there have only been a few votes. I was mainly focusing on gathering what was garbage or recycling (we have a tendency since we do not use the table to just toss things on it, like empty boxes that need to be broken down or there was some packages we opened and left the packaging on the table). Then I focused on what has a home but was living on the table. But there are a few things Mom agreed to get rid of and a couple of things Bro wants so I will box those up for him.

Tomorrow since it is a work-from-home day I will try to finish off the table when I need a break from my computer.

Dinner was Dumplings with Chicken Fried Rice and I had Cucumber with some Rice Wine Vinegar on them.

Kitchen is almost clean, just need to wash one pan and it will be done and then it is time to relax.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Jan 23rd, 2024 at 07:23 PM.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The snow blower started like a charm. 1st time since last winter, this beast has served us well, I believe it’s at least 24 yrs old.
    We tried a new recipe tonight and it was a hit. Korean beef but using ground beef to make it economical. I had to thaw a club pack of beef so made meat loaf for tomorrow. The Korean beef was freezer friendly but we wanted to try it before making a batch for the freezer.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued a Tourtière meat pie from recycling and found a Crave dinner, still frozen, in the snow.
    Last edited by HermanH; Wed, Jan 24th, 2024 at 04:51 AM.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I got a surprise work-from-home day and I am super excited about it, I can get caught up on work stuff but also work on some house stuff.

I think today I am going to try to finish the Upstairs Hallway today. Bonus if I can get the Dining Table done as well but I know that might be pushing it on a work day.

Right now I have laundry going, last load is in the washer now.

Well I was making my breakfast I put away the dry dishes on the draining rack.

Originally I was thinking of making a Pork Tenderloin for dinner but now I am thinking maybe some Chicken Parm, I have a bit of a craving.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good morning! @SassyAshley , did you get a break from having to shovel snow and clear off vehicles with your work from home surprise? That would be awesome, especially if the sun could come through and melt some of it.
    I've decided grocery and gas can wait till Thursday. The guys have the choice to take lasagna in today and Thursday. Some of us might not want it 2 days in a row, but they're not normal...ha ha.
    This week is also flying along, that's been happening a few times already in January with these sudden spike in temps. They cause a flare up of arthritis, which in turn immobilizes me. Sleep is the only reprieve ( sometimes assisted through medication ) as crying never helps. ( sigh ) .
    The best news was last night having an immediate turn around with my knee. Swear a tv evangelist must have snuck in here and smacked me in the forehead screaming HEAL! So nice to be able to WALK! Enjoy whatever savings you all find today!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Jan 24th, 2024 at 10:12 AM.
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Mild day here today.

My sister and I stayed up till after midnight last night so we could check-in for our upcoming cruise. We were in charge of checking in for everyone in our group so it was a little stressful but we did it and got the check in time we wanted for our group! All we need to do now is pack since everything else is done. My sister organized everything and booked all our hotels/transportation from/to airport/port etc and we all have paid for it already so all we have to do is show up!

Finally planning to go home this afternoon...with our new fridge! So excited to get it set up and go grocery shopping for fresh stuff
    I had a great visit with my sister/family and need to do this more often.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , that is the question right now, to shovel or not to shovel, they are calling for rain this afternoon so do I shovel or do see if the rain comes and washes it all away. I will be honest, I am leaning towards option 2 but that might be my laziness talking.

Hope you feel better soon, those arthritis flare ups can be horrible. I never realized how bad they are until I watched Mom deal with them, she had one yesterday as well.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just took the pup here for a walk. The sidewalks are a slushy mess.
    I am tempted to take him home with me for a few days so I continue our morning walks (our dog doesn't like long walks anymore...especially in the cold!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For 55 years, a tier of wedding cake sat wrapped and largely forgotten at the bottom of Rochelle Marr's freezer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ezer-1.7088234
    Send it over, I'll give it a try!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Hitting up FB at some point today. Few things on my list. Will use self check out and use change to pay

Dinner. Homemade burgers with ceaser salad (to use up the buns I bought yesterday for DS for his chicken burgers)
    Oldest is popping by after work tonight so will make extra for him.

Excited to set up our new fridge. We will switch them tonight.

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided we will bbq the burgers May as well take advantage of the mild weather!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you felmeth for the coupons i received today .

I just dont have the energy to go out to shoppers for seniors day ,oh well such is life.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Thank you felmeth for the coupons i received today .

I just dont have the energy to go out to shoppers for seniors day ,oh well such is life.
    @coupon girl happy you got the coupons
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! I see some of us are still dealing with health issues despite the warm up! @walkonby and @SassyAshley 's Mom with arthritis and @coupongirl with low energy but hey you're here and you're in good company! Seriously though I hope and pray that everyone feels better sooner than later!
    Myself included, as I decided to use the shovel the other day to move some slush and bingo shoulder and back nearly in constant pain now! No worries! we'll all get through it, one day/hour/minute at a time!
    Last edited by Skippy; Thu, Jan 25th, 2024 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Old
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    WOW the morning got away from me, I had to go into the branch today to work with a trainee, I got up early so I had some time before I needed to head in but I felt like I lost time.

Good news, we did not get the freezing rain but I did have to clear my car off and I did Mom's car and shovelled when I got home from work so that is done.

On my way home from work I ran into No Frills and grabbed a few things, we did not need much but there were a few sale items I wanted to grab and we needed Garlic which was also on sale.

I had an offer for 1000 pts for every $10 spent on Frozen Vegetables plus another offer for 200 pts for every $2 spent so I price matched to Zehrs for $2.99, grabbed 4 bags and got 2,200 points back.

Then I ran to the gas station and filled up to take advatage of 30 pts/litre. I really dislike that the gas offers always end on Sunday and do not run Thursday to Wednesday like other offers. I would have preferred to fill up next week when my tank was lower but I also wanted the bonus points.

Found out this morning we have hired 2 more people both of which are new positions I was not aware of which means we have no training plan, I do not have a role for them in the System. Yeah still working on communication good news is my trainee finished up today so I have tomorrow to try to work through this. But a little more warning would have been nice.

Last night I did not make the Chicken Parm, I did not have it in me after work so instead I pulled some Spinach and Ricotta Shells from the Freezer and made those.

Well Dinner was in the Oven I spent 30 minutes in the Dining Room and got the Dining Room table cleared off. I was going to sort the plastic tonight after work but we shall see if it happens, I am loving the warmer temps but the dampness is getting to me.

Tonight I am making Chicken Burgers (a baked Chicken Breast on a Hamburger Bun) with Oven Fries and I will probably have a salad on the side.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information