User Tag List

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1604Likes

Thread: January 2024 Frugal Chatter thread (it's a leap year!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh skippy take care ! Rest up.

Hubby and i got invited to a 75th birthday party next week ,my girlfriends mother .I told her i would bring a fruit tray a small one ,very much appreciated .My girlfriend and her sister are making all the food ,so i thought it was nice to contribute since food is so costly.

Her mom loves puzzles ,so i do have a new one for her and maybe a swiss chalet gift card as that is their favourite place to eat.

Only 3 pills left ,yipee i just wish my energy would come back.It was nice seeing the girls last night they sure did miss their nana and papa.

We go back to watching them next week i think as son goes back on shifts.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I forgot to mention PC Offers, I used to always have a Beef and Pork Offer, if I did not use them I saved them and if I did use them, they would come back the following week.

I used my Pork Offer about a month ago and after I used it, it did not come back right away this time.

It came back this week but instead of being 100 pts/$ like it has always been it is now 50 pts/$.

Mangos and Mushrooms are the same used to be 100 pts/$ now I am getting 50 pts/$.

It will be interesting to see when the Frozen Veggie offer comes back first how long it will take to come back and what it will be, normally it is 200 pts/$2.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Hubby and i got invited to a 75th birthday party next week ,my girlfriends mother .I told her i would bring a fruit tray a small one ,very much appreciated .My girlfriend and her sister are making all the food ,so i thought it was nice to contribute since food is so costly.
    I hope that I get invited to my own 75th birthday party.

I heard that with food costs so high, some people were giving vouchers/food cards for expensive cuts of meat and such as Xmas presents.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

At work we used to get Loblaw Banner Giftcards for Christmas and everyone loved it. Especially at Christmas time.

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I hope that I get invited to my own 75th birthday party.

I heard that with food costs so high, some people were giving vouchers/food cards for expensive cuts of meat and such as Xmas presents.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am not sure if it is the weather maybe the lack of sunshine but I am so tired today. I woke up this morning and thought oh my alarm should be going off soon, it did go off within a few minutes but was my 6 am alarm, not my 5 am alarm. I have no memory of turning off my 5 am alarm.

It has been raining here all morning. It was quite heavy when I woke up this morning you could really hear it coming down which did not help with getting up. I could have laid there just listening to the rain but I did not.

Need to start planning my prep list for the weekend, thinking I will make myself some cucumber spread that I can have for breakfasts or lunches next week. I need to find more breakfast options, breakfast has always been my hardest meal for me, I get sick of breakfast items quickly and always have.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!

It is lightly raining here. I can see it dripping off the tree branches. I just heard the news say rain till the afternoon and then possibly snow overnight.

The kitchen is still clean from yesterday. I bbq'd the burgers late afternoon and cleaned up the kitchen after. Then they just had to heat and eat.
    It works for us when everyone is on different work schedules.
    I need to toss a load in the washer and then hang to dry today.

Work- Will write out a to do list for the next few days and then clean up my office. Nice to end the week with a clean office so it is a fresh start on Monday.
    I felt like taking an afternoon off this week so happy it is the weekend now so I can have my few days off. Busy work week next week so I need to buckle down and get it done.

Shopping- Not too much we need. I will stock us up on the ML bacon for $3.98 less coupon buy 2 save $4. $2 a package is a good deal and great for DS.
    I added 4 packages yesterday to the 12 I bought last week I will pick up more this weekend.

Have a fantastic Friday!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I am not sure if it is the weather maybe the lack of sunshine but I am so tired today. I woke up this morning and thought oh my alarm should be going off soon, it did go off within a few minutes but was my 6 am alarm, not my 5 am alarm. I have no memory of turning off my 5 am alarm.

It has been raining here all morning. It was quite heavy when I woke up this morning you could really hear it coming down which did not help with getting up. I could have laid there just listening to the rain but I did not.

Need to start planning my prep list for the weekend, thinking I will make myself some cucumber spread that I can have for breakfasts or lunches next week. I need to find more breakfast options, breakfast has always been my hardest meal for me, I get sick of breakfast items quickly and always have.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    My 1st alarm didn't go off either! I must have forgot to turn it back on. The crazy thing is I was just on my phone scrolling and then looked at the time and realized an hour flew by!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning feeling great today ,so may pop out .
    Even thought the wind and the rain woke me up at 3.00 a.m i went back to sleep for a bit .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to walmart loved their clearance section i got

rubber backed mat for the bottom of the stairs reg 40.00 on for 17.98 small flaw
    mens chap socks shortie ones 5.71 for 3 (one for hubby and 2 pairs for son for his birthday next month)
    8.98 for cetaphil cleanser as the top was broken
    5.38 "monday " shampoo reg 10.00 everywhere as the top was broken

At canadian tire i got charmin on sale and double pkgs of lysol toilet bowl cleaner and cascade dish tabs (,i switched my offers out for these items (didnt know i could do that as i dont own a cell phone but did it on the notebook) saved 4.15 in canadian tire rewards for next time .
    dozen eggs 1.98 one was broken but i saved it so all 12 were fine.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was a long day, all day I felt like I could go back to bed, I am going to blame the weather. I hear some people got some sunshine today, we were not so lucky it has been grey and overcast here all day.

I have been thinking lately, not going down the rabbit hole, spinning thinking, just thinking. For some reason something Nanny used to always say has been floating around in my head, she was always saying "Well, it is good enough for now."

I do not know why but it got me thinking a few things, to be honest, but, one is this part of the reason we have such trouble getting rid of things. Is it a combination of we have it and don't want to let it mix with well what if we need it later? I realize how odd this sounds but I also know these are thoughts that go through my mind when we purge.

Also, it got me wondering, I have this thing about not using things and wanting to keep them nice. For example, we bought a nice braiser last year, I told myself it was living in the box because we had nowhere to put it. But when I built the shelves I found it a home and there it sat and every time I thought about using it I would tell myself, no you can use another pan instead. I do this with almost everything I buy I want to keep them new, so if I have to I can return it (old memories from the awkward college years when I spent all my savings) but two I want to keep it new but why?

But I don't just do this with things, I do it with food and other things like creams and lotions. I buy them but I do not want to use them, now eventually I do use them as I do not want them to go to waste but I want to make them last.

An example is over Mom's bday we used a full brick of cream cheese, (I buy the 3-pack at Costco) and last weekend I thought about making my Cucumber Spread but told myself we just used a brick better hold off. Why? Really, why, we have the cream cheese, we can buy more but I don't want to use it. The same I also got panicky because we used a whole brick of butter over the weekend between the Cinnamon Rolls and her Bday Cake but we are fully stocked on butter we aren't almost out.

I have been thinking I want to enjoy things more. I am not talking about going and buying things just because but not being afraid to use what we have or use the things I buy. I budget for everything, I do not buy anything we do not have the $$$ for so what am I so afraid of?

Just some random thoughts I have been having.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Would you wait in line for a $2 refund?

Costco lowered their price on an item we bought. We say the item go on an unadvertised sale. I think Walmart and Stapes and Best Buy lowered their price this week. The return line was small. 2 minute wait. In that situation would you say forget it or go for the $2 back?
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I woke up at 6:30 this morning and I was so tempted to go back to sleep. I had trouble falling asleep last night and I really wanted more sleep but I knew, I knew if I fell back asleep I would wake up with a headache and no ambition, so I made myself get up.

Today's task is to sort all of the plastic, we have two bins of plastic that have been living in our Dining, we use a few things out of it but most of it just lives in the bins. I am going to lay it all out on the Dining Room and take it from there. There are some things like the take-out containers I am going to pack up and put in the basement. I like to use these if I make things go to people, then I can give them the take-out container and I do not have to worry about getting my container back. I may have family members who won't buy plastic containers but build their collection when they are given things in plastic containers.

Also depending on how Mom is feeling we need to empty and clean out the freezer in the kitchen. She has been in a lot of pain these past couple of days, I think it is the weather. The plan is to set up this freezer as her freezer so she does not have to go down the basement if she wants to cook so I need her help on what she wants to keep up here.

Last night I did a Bake Sausage Sheet Pan, and kept it simple. I made Baked Sausage with Savoury Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts.

The plan for tonight I think is going to be Chicken Parmesan, I have a craving.

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Shwa Girl , if I was there and the line was short, I would get the price adjustment but I would not make a special trip or wait in a long line.
    Skippy, harbie, walkonby and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Something Nanny used to always say has been floating around in my head, she was always saying "Well, it is good enough for now."
    I do not know why but it got me thinking a few things, to be honest, but, one is this part of the reason we have such trouble getting rid of things. Is it a combination of we have it and don't want to let it mix with well what if we need it later? I realize how odd this sounds but I also know these are thoughts that go through my mind when we purge.
    Also, it got me wondering, I have this thing about not using things and wanting to keep them nice. For example, we bought a nice braiser last year, I told myself it was living in the box because we had nowhere to put it. But when I built the shelves I found it a home and there it sat and every time I thought about using it I would tell myself, no you can use another pan instead. I do this with almost everything I buy I want to keep them new, so if I have to I can return it (old memories from the awkward college years when I spent all my savings) but two I want to keep it new but why?
    But I don't just do this with things, I do it with food and other things like creams and lotions. I buy them but I do not want to use them, now eventually I do use them as I do not want them to go to waste but I want to make them last.
    An example is over Mom's bday we used a full brick of cream cheese, (I buy the 3-pack at Costco) and last weekend I thought about making my Cucumber Spread but told myself we just used a brick better hold off. Why? Really, why, we have the cream cheese, we can buy more but I don't want to use it. The same I also got panicky because we used a whole brick of butter over the weekend between the Cinnamon Rolls and her Bday Cake but we are fully stocked on butter we aren't almost out.
    I have been thinking I want to enjoy things more. I am not talking about going and buying things just because but not being afraid to use what we have or use the things I buy. I budget for everything, I do not buy anything we do not have the $$$ for so what am I so afraid of?
    Just some random thoughts I have been having.
    @SassyAshley what a beautiful introspective and analysis of your " need or desire " to hold onto items. I read it over a couple of times
    because there were parts where I saw my own behaviours in it. Not so much now because I'm older but boy oy boy did I suffer from the
    " what if's " for years! You mentioned having regret over tossing an item out with " what if I need this one day ? " . That thinking may
    create hoarding and at first it might seem justifiable, almost like like quaint collecting or frugal practices but once you start finding yourself
    in a sea of take out containers or emptied grocery item plastics it might be the time to have that hard conversation ( with yourself ).

There have been times even now when a large bottle of PC Maple syrup is empty and I ache physically over putting it into the recycle bin.
    Those bottles are gorgeous, sturdy and with the rubber stopper and the snap down clasp, it gets my heart beating faster. I had saved many
    of them in the past but the day came when I finally accepted I would never actually reuse any of them for crafts or any other reason, so out
    they went.

You are on the right path with the seed of the purge. Keep tending to that and little by little you will reach a point where letting items go
    becomes easier and the payoff is how " freeing! " it all feels. When you reach that high where the stuff no longer controls you, that's a day
    to celebrate and bake anything you want. ( even if it means using the last pound of butter of pkg. of cream cheese ) .

As a silly example here, weeks ago I got 4 lbs. of butter at SDM for $4.99 each. Then recently FB ( I think ? ) had it on sale and didn't I go
    and buy another 4 lbs. When I returned home I asked myself why was there a need to get 4 more? The answer being I am not " cured " ,
    still stuck in my head is the thought " what if we run out of butter? "

All the best to reaching your goals!!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Jan 27th, 2024 at 12:27 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Late night last night so I'm sure I will be tired this afternoon. It will probably just hit me like a brick wall!

Popped out quick to grab eggs and a quick walk around GT and SDM. Found some old lotto tickets in my car so checked them- $10 and $2 win! Took the cash and put in my purse. Came home and made an egg and cheese on a toasted English muffin.

So many things to get done around the house but the 1st chore is completely deep clean the dining room. Moving the table and out and a huge butcher block on wheels to the kitchen but will leave the hutch. Then will start at one end washing windows/walls and then the floor. Shouldn't take too long with it empty.
    Then I would like to clean out my car. My shopping bins are full of stuff and that needs to be put away (jackets/winter wear) or garbage (old flyers/coupons).
    So much change on my floor that needs to be picked up and cleaned.
    If I get both done today I will be happy!

Then I will have a shower and put on my new jeans (brand new with tags hanging in the closet for years lol) dry my hair and even put on some make-up!! Then will go to Food Basics (bacon!) and Canadian Tire to look around. I had topped the gas tank yesterday for PC pts but went for dinner 45 mins away last night so will top it up again today after my running around. (Take advantage of the extra PC pts offer this weekend)

Have a great Saturday!

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information