User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning sunshines .

We had some weird power issues just before 1am. I woke to our air purifier led lights and chimes and thought I was dreaming but after it happened again I got up. It was supposed to be in dark sleep mode but all the lights were on, our microwave was flashing but not the stove and our led kettle light was on but it didn’t boil the water inside. After fumbling to set the microwave I was in bed and saw my phone said 12:50 and not the 12:03 the stove showed . Then the snow/ freezing rain was hitting the window like gravel. Needless to say it wasn’t the best sleep. Woke up to clear but icy roads and snow on the grass and cars. Should melt shortly.

Yesterday I grabbed 2 more Nextmilk claimed $2 on CO51, $1 coupon and 10c caddle. PM’d WM broccoli at NF because they were amazing looking at NF and rotten at WM. I’m planning to grab some more before the sale ends. Also got cauli grounds normally $6.99 ( or more) but they rang up at $4.94 so I grabbed 4. Got 100 points and 10c on caddle and 6 AM. Also a vegan mayo and claimed 4 AM but had to submit a missing Airmiles for it.

Question for those that do Airmiles Receipts. If the offer is for say hummus and you purchase say 3 do you get the Airmiles on each or is it per entire receipt?

I’m off to the gym for a quick workout before hitting the mall with Dh to look for dress shoes Ann’s a new suit. All his other suits are WAAAY too big for him and he looks like he’s playing dress up in his dad’s clothes! All that working out

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning everyone -it is beautifull out,so nice.I popped over to dollarama i got
    Wrapping paper 2.50
    lovely water gun for the hose $5.00 incase ours breaks mid summer
    freezies for the girls 1.25
    revlon perfume 3 roll ons 5.00 -treat for me to carry in my purse

Then over to sobeys

chocolate mint wafers on clearance 1.90
    free hunts pudding scopped saved 2.22
    chapmans ice cream 3.99

plus a few other items on sale .

Oh and treated myself to a free big mac coupon expires in a few days saved $6.89 .I got the coupon at xmas for buying gift cards -a nice small bonus.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Feb 26th, 2024 at 12:44 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie that sounds like a scene from the alien invasion movie Signs!! ( with Mel Gibson and Joaquim Phoenix ) .

@SassyAshley you'd benefit from the scenario in an Apple+ series called Severance. Basically workers for this huge Company
    agree to have a medical process done to them where the minute they enter the building at work they have NO MEMORY of who
    they are at home!
    Then when they exit work, it all switches back and they have no memory of work while they are at home.

trailer if you want to get creeped out....lol

harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow i just called my older half brother in london,ontario.We chatted for a good 40 minutes .

He told me stories about my dad who passed when i was 16 at age 49.He told me he watched a movie" devils brigade " from 1968 with my dad and he said my dad had tears streaming down his face .He never seen him cry ever.Wow , my dad was in the Korean War and World War 2 .

Then he told me a storey where in Korea my dad and another guy flipped a coin to go to the village close by and my dad won so the other guy left and he was bombed .I cried hearing stories from my dear dads past .My older brother is 12 years older than me .When my older brother was in his early 20"s he would sit around and talk with my dad and have a beer and a smoke.

I thanked him for the 2 storeys he told me today .It sure is nice to hear about the past sometimes.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Feb 26th, 2024 at 02:48 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@harbie it’s. For each one purchased so if you buy 3 and it’s 3 air miles you get 9 miles and is a limit as noted so a few weeks ago I did the broccoli offer on several receipts over the time frame.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    They are calling for Rain and possible Thunderstorms here today and I am feeling it.

I did not get as much done yesterday as I planned, the day kind of got away from me. Today I have some pillows in the washer right now and I have some veggies drying that I washed up well I was making my breakfast.

Last night instead of just making a Beef Roast, we made Pot Roast Stew, it is a combination of Pot Roast and Stew. Oh my gosh there is so much leftover so lunches are taken care of this week.

Working on knocking as much work as I can before my meeting this morning. Hoping this afternoon I will be able to take a couple of breaks and knock out a few house things. The list is long so lots to choose from.

Happy Tuesday Everyone.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks @lilo0003 . I just started using it so I’m trying to figure out these new programs.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well got my stitches out of my mouth now i have to wait 4 months then go for a scan in june.This will be costly even with coverage.

Then popped into fortinos used 40.00 in points
    (3) loaves of bread 2.29-50% off=1.14 a loaf into the freezer they go.
    5-reduced apples 2.99
    finally found the .55 cents kraft dinner got 6 as that is all they allowed=3.30

plus a few other frozen stuff and my joe fresh sleep shirt was 9.94 on clearance .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yay for getting the stitches out @coupon girl . So can you eat normally now? I’m sure you have to be careful but hopefully you can eat easier now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -yes i can eat normally .He did tell me try to eat on the one side which can be hard to do sometimes.He said i was healing great but the bone needs to build up so 4 months from now i will get a scan and then we go from there.

I asked can i eat nuts ,he said sure if it bothers you then you wont right.So i will be toothless for awhile still.

Watched the girls and played memory game with cara and out of 36 animals i got 6 cards right -little cara age 6 got 30 she outbeats me everytime.lol
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I don't know if others do this or maybe it is just me. I was up early this morning and working on all the things (again one small change in policy = multiple manuals updates so knocking those out before I need the manuals) but I have an appointment today and it is making me feel rushed. I am having a mix of feelings of don't forget about the appointment and oh no I am not going to get everything done.

Also factoring into this is all day yesterday I thought it was Wednesday including I did have a moment of "OH MY GOSH, there is no way I am going to get all of this done in the next two days, what was I thinking," Only to realize it was only Tuesday.

Last night I was able to knock out a few house things I needed to get done, produce has been prepped and is in the fridge. Garbage was taken out. General tidy was done on the Dining Room Table and the fridge has been tidied. A couple things I did not get done but I am really trying to focus on my accomplishments (the positive) vs what I did not get done (the negative).

Will see what I can get knocked out after work tonight.

I took a quick scroll of the flyers this morning, not seeing much for us but will take a better look after work.

Happy Wednesday Everyone
    harbie, coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Harbie -yes i can eat normally .He did tell me try to eat on the one side which can be hard to do sometimes. He said I was healing great but the bone needs to build up so 4 months from now i will get a scan and then we go from there.
    I asked can I eat nuts ,he said sure if it bothers you then you wont right. So I will be toothless for awhile still.
    @coupon girl , glad you are permitted to eat normally again. When I was toothless it was the 4 teeth IN THE front!
    The temp bridge kept falling out so finally I just left it out and waited on the permanent bridge to arrive.

So I understand you are allowed to " eat nuts "? As in Will Smith AI nuts? lol

https://www.tiktok.com/@willsmith/vi...371295?lang=en

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day! We are getting the crazy weather here... Snowing at the moment.

DS and I popped out to Canadian Tire/GT and Bulk barn. He needed to pick up supplies for his car (oil change) and he showed me which light switch to buy that he is going to install. I made the garlic veggie/chip dip yesterday and he asked for more cucumbers. I told him they go on sale tomorrow and I will buy lots but we went to GT to get some things. Then I bought him chocolate covered almonds at Bulk barn. Was a nice little outing before the storm.

Glad I redeemed expiring Feb 29 FPC's yesterday. I have 8 of the $1.50 off Cheez it coupons that expire March 1st so need to go to Walmart tomorrow or Friday.

Dinner tonight is pasta. Pulled a bag of homemade meat sauce and simmered on the stove and just made fresh pasta. Will have frozen raspberries and cut up apples for a snack later tonight.

Stay safe today if you are out and about!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Made myself a little sandwich with a small slice of Montreal Smoked Meat and it tasted as though I had spread an entire teaspoon of salt on the thing. Holy Cow, was it salty. Has anyone ever encountered this? For those of you who eat it fresh in Montreal, is it normally this salty? I never remembered it was this salty.

Any suggestions? I am thinking about rinsing the meat
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@HermanH , I do not think rinsing it would help as the salt is in the meat since it is cured.
    harbie, barbis9 and HermanH like this.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information