User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Started the day off by shoveling the driveway. I was only going to do part of it and leave the rest for the men but once I started I just kept going!

Enjoying my coffee now while going through my emails and planning my work day.

My massage therapist texted me saying she had a cancellation this afternoon so I took the appointment!
    I need to do an errand for work anyway so even more reason to brush the snow off my vehicle

Last night for dinner we had pasta- I just pulled meat sauce from the freezer and it made for an easy dinner. DS heated up the leftovers and made garlic bread at 8am this morning....I can still smell the bread and it smells delicious! I'm starving now but going to hold off till after my massage to eat.

I should make a pot of rice this morning and then I can make fried rice later this afternoon. Since we have green onion to use up (I bought it to make a veggie dip that DS has devoured) Will pull cooked chicken from the freezer for the rice. DS loves it!

Well it is payday so off to move $$ around!

Have a great day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I 100% think today is Friday which will make tomorrow a little disappointing LOL.

Woke up to snow this morning which was no surprising but what was surprising was nothing has been plowed. I was talking to a co-worker as their location was down (looks like they lost internet overnight and when it came back up the connections did not reconnect). They are not one to miss work for snow but said they almost turned around twice as none of the roads were plowed.

Yesterday when I went out for my appointment I ran into No Frills, I had briefly looked at the flyers and it did not look like there were a lot of produce sales so I decided to go see what No Frills had in stock. I got:
    4 x Broccoli $0.94 (PM Wal-Mart) + 4000 pts making them free
    2 x Asparagus $1.99
    1 x Strawberries $1.87

I know, I know on principal I did not want to buy the Asparagus and was going to go to Food Basics after my appointment but it looked like Doomsday out so I was trying to get home before the storm.

No Frills had put up a sign limiting the Strawberries to 2 packages per family per day. There were two older ladies picking out Strawberries and the one kept rereading the sign and asking why so her friend asked "well how many packages did you want to buy?" Her response "Oh, I am only getting one, I won't even eat this whole package before they go bad." It made me giggle.

Last night for Dinner I turned the leftover Pot Roast Stew into a Shepard's Pie and that was dinner. Even after having it for 2 nights we still have enough for another meal left.

Tonight's dinner is a mystery, I was going to make the Butter Chicken but we have been eating a lot of tomato based meals this week which can affect our tummies, so decided to hold off. But now I need to figure out something for tonight.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Thu, Feb 29th, 2024 at 10:36 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@SassyAshley - Our downtown Toronto office is on Day #2 with no wi-fi.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned the kitchen. Brought garbage and recycling to the garage to the bins. Emptied the driveway salt into a large plastic bin my friend gave me that I washed yesterday (it had coconut oil in it so was a little greasy)
    Have my new spice containers washed and ready to fill. Tossing my bin and starting fresh.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Went to shoppers seniors discount for me -
    got 2 milk 4.71 after 20% off
    (2) country harvest bagels 2/7.00-900 points=3.05 each
    maple leaf chicken 13.00-20%=10.40 for 3 chicken breasts
    eggs 3.99-20%=3.19
    reversa cleanser for me 19.09 -plus got a sample at cosmetic desk

plus a few other items got 10.00 gift promo for next time .
    en breasts

Plus fixed our car today the plastic cover over the gas cap fell off after hubby got gas yesterday .He tried in the cold and i tried to no advail then i tried this morning yep i got it -it needed a womans touch .lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Feb 29th, 2024 at 01:50 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

lol! add " mechanic " to your list of qualifications @coupon girl ! For those of you that had enough snow to shovel, I apologize. Here I was belly aching this morning as I walked down the path in my slip on shoes, having to walk over a very thin layer of dust snow. I did not even drive myself to my appt. at the hospital because I am too chicken to drive to that one. It all worked out well, had 2 very kind taxi driver's both to and from the appt. Both of them hopped out and folded the walker, placing it in the trunk, then retrieved it for me after.
    Plus, the appt. gave me great news which is always welcomed.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby-lol a mechanic nope i just thought about the problem last night and realized you have to slide this part on .

Glad you got good news today that is always a nice welcome thought.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Love getting good news especially when it’s in the medical realm so biggest congratulations @walkonby

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby , congratulations on the great news, always have to enjoy the victories.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I love my chicken breasts in the air fryer ,so juicy and had a salad with it -have a small piece left for friday .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty very much for the support ladies!! I am honestly over the moon atm.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yay, @walkonby always nice to have good news on the medical front.
    I had book club tonight. Always nice to share how we each can see a book so differently and bond with different characters.
    Happy it’s almost Friday.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I love my chicken breasts in the air fryer ,so juicy and had a salad with it -have a small piece left for friday .
    What temp and how long do you cook it for?
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!!! Next week this time I will be sitting in the airport waiting to board

Just made my coffee. Will sip it and plan my work day. Then I think I will bundle up for fresh air and putter in the driveway. I know the temp is changing and I don't have to shovel the light snow but hoping it is my last time? lol wishful thinking.

I popped out after work yesterday to Food basics and RCSS to grab a few things and to walk/get out of the house. Stocked DS up on .88 cucumbers. He finished the veggie dip I made so I should probably plan to make him another batch. Now that I think about it this dip would be perfect dip for sweet potato fries! Have a bunch in the freezer that were waiting for the perfect dip!

I am slowly packing for our trip. I have a portable table set up in my office that is my "packing" table. I pulled t-shirts/tanks/capris etc and washed them and they are now ready to pack. Need bathing suits for Sunday night (going away for the night) so will have to do a load of laundry Monday and hang to dry and pack that on Tuesday night. I'm going to go out tonight and pick up a few more travel cubes since I think I really like them. (I just picked up cheap ones at Dollarama to try them out and they work pretty good for the price!)

So happy it is Friday! I don't even mind working today as I feel pretty on top of things! Next week will be busy but hopefully everything goes smoothly!
    Being positive

Have a fantastic Friday!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Frugalbigmama-i coated it in spices and pounded it out with a kitchen mallet,cooked 395 for about 16-18 minutes.I set the timer for 20 minutes and took it out then before it beeped .This time perfect other times i cooked it too long and it was hard around the edges .

Off to watch the girls from 3.30 til 5.00 p.m today just me .May stop into cleo on the way there as i could use summer tops and winter pants .See if there are any sales .
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information