User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1019Likes

Thread: 2024 March Frugal Chatter (thoughts of Spring's approach)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ooh, I like the idea of placing the current year ahead of the month under discussion. Makes searching for past threads easier!

Easter is at the end of March. Clock change one hour ahead is in 9 days' time! Start your sleep time shift now if you find it hard to change to Daylight Savings Time.

I'm so excited at the resumption of yard waste pickup (I boiught more bags) in Hamilton next week but the downside is that Garner Rd W in Ancaster is getting construction sometime this month in stages. 2024 will be between Wilson St. W aka Duff's Corners to Fiddler's Green Road (stages 1 to 3). 2025 will involve Fiddlers Green Rd to Southcote Rd *though map seems to end the construction at the Hwy 6 off/on-ramps* for stages 4-5. I have no idea on bus rerouting for 44-Rymal (I did try looking at the transit website on Saturday and came away with no info). I anticipate it'll be coming down my street at some point in the year.

Did I mention Ancaster is hosting the RBC Cdn Open this year in early June? Wilson St W and E will be a zoo for traffic.
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Giant Tiger's flyer shows space-dye activewear tops for $12 for women. I'm keen! Local store seems to only have one in most colours in my size. I think the scalloped edge 3/4 sleeve open knit cardigans are attractive-again local store has one or none of certain colours. Don't miss out if these items interest you for spring.

Best deal for Michelina's frozen entrees seems to be the Scene+ member price of 99cents at Sobeys this week or 4 for $5 at Freshco.

If you are shopping Sobeys tonight and have Scene+, you can score 500 Scene+ points for buying $25+ of Compliments products in one transaction as it is World Compliment Day (March 1 offer only).

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i bought myself some new clothing a top from rickis 14.99 dressy short sleeve cream colour
    Cleo red dress pant in petite size 19.77 reg 49.99 spent 39.03 all sales final she said ,no problem i tried them on.

I notice a lot of tops in the store shorter on the waist -the cashier said they had complaints but head office wasn't doing anything about it.

Then went to walmart looked at ther clothing and clearance i got

pear applesauce 1.67 reduced took to sons for the girls
    dove foam soap 2.34-1.00 cpn=1.34
    small baby doll on clearance 2.48 in with the baby gift for the 2 year old big sister
    4 gatorade reduced 4.12
    reduced towel $4.00 nice and soft too ( not that big can use for a hair towel)

(2) black diamond cheese slice2/9.50-3.00 cpn= 6.50 or #.25 each then i gave the other coupon i had to an older gentleman to use -thanks flemeth again for the great cpns .

Then was on my way to watching the girls after school.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 1st, 2024 at 06:59 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good to know about the top situation at Cleo, @coupon girl . Glad you found some new wardrobe items! I need to find one new pair of pants so I can retire two older pants (one of which can be for spring yard work or hot weather) as they are showing wear from 2 to 3 years of use.

Speaking of shopping:
    Factory Direct is closing down its locations. I am not a fan of their limited warranty (7 or 10 days on computers) but maybe SCers needing deal on tech or appliances might find something for right now if they have issues with tech at home acting like their ends are near. Their website indicated as of Feb 17, all stores were going to close.

Vision Electronics is having liquidation of overstock. YMMV on deals. I did see a Dyson 12V adaptor for car/boat use to recharge Dyson cordless vacs, if someone is in need of one.

Body Shop Canada filed for bankruptcy-all stores are closing and e-commerce is no longer open. I did like their outlet store at Canada One Outlet in the early years though I seldom walked into their mall stores in the past 10 years.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Apparenty only 33 body shop stores are closing down and limeridge mall isnt one of them .They closed their online shopping for awhile i heard.

I really like the body shop used my points and got money off plus birthday month i saved 10.00.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for correcting my post about the store closures. I made an assumption and that usually does not work out!

Transport Canada recalls affecting mostly late model vehicles: Transport Canada issues over 20 vehicle recalls in 2 days. What to know (msn.com)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , it seems to be the style right now to have shorter tops. I was looking for new sweatshirts and all of them fall right at the waistband of your pants which does not work for me. I want big and comfy, not lift up anytime I try to do something.

I have also noticed looking online "crop" tops are in. The good thing is crop top have gotten longer, when I was teen they came to just below the bust now they come to top of the waistband but still not for me. I like my tops longer, baggy with leggings has become my look.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Had an Optimum offer for Tilda rice, any size, 1000 points (=$1.00). Saved this offer for weeks. This week's flyer, the rice was on 2/$5 or $2.50 each. With the Optimum offer, got it for $1.50 each after points.

Also saw clearance on Extreme Bean pickled products for $0.44 each, expiring in 2025.
    Plus lots of Motts clamato varieties for $1.44.

Just bought the rice and left

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Easter is at the end of March. Clock change one hour ahead is in 9 days' time! Start your sleep time shift now if you find it hard to change to Daylight Savings Time.

I'm so excited at the resumption of yard waste pickup (I boiught more bags) in Hamilton
    I forgot about the clock change. Thanks for the reminder.
    Yard waste collection beginning again for us too. The high winds we had recently brought neighbours leaves to our place and the neighbours near us. Not fair. Every year. Hopefully there will be some warmish weather for yard work chores.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Slept in a bit since we didn't get home till 12:30am from hockey.

Popped out to RCSS this morning after grabbing a coffee from Mcdonalds (needed a change from coffee at home) and picked up a few things and PM'd Natural selections sliced meat for DS. $4.99 each less $3 coupon wub 2. Will grab another 4 later today if I go out again or next week before the sale ends.
    I redeemed $20 in PC pts because I didn't bring my change bag to spend and didn't want to use my cash or card. That's what the points are for and I should start using them. I also got gas as I had 20 KM left lol. I always top up my gas tank but I decided to just drive till needed this time. Had a credit on my PC MC so decided to use that to pay instead of my gas money in my glove compartment

My dog is staring me down. She wants my eggs . I dip them and eat the whites but the yolks are all hers.

Today is a get *hit done around the house kind of day Tomorrow leaving at 8am ish. Was invited to a free slot tournament. Curious what the free gift is. (sometimes it is a gift or slot play or just cash) Had a free room offer. And it is my birthday month so have birthday free slot play so decided to make it a free night away. Booked dinner at the steakhouse incase we feel like that for dinner. And booked a pedicure which was on my list of things to do before leaving on vacation next week so should be a good day! Already packed and have swimsuits for the hot tub/steam room/sauna and pool. Looking forward to a relaxing evening!

Have a great day!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sort of a frugal enough morning for me. I needed to finish making up the Beef Empanadas, but I waited till this morning to buy more Puff pastry. AM has a 1 day only bonus AM offer. They give you 20x the AM for each regular AM earned.
    Also until March 15th there is a Contest for Selection products sold at FB and Metro. You get 1 entry receipt for every 2 Selection products bought. In my $102.00 grocery shop at Metro ( which I paid for by redeeming 950 AM ) I had 2 pkgs. of Selection Puff pastry, so not only will I get the 20x the AM ( 5 x 20 = 100 BAM ), I got the Selection entry receipt.
    Then I did 2 more separate transactions of just $20.00 each ( paying with my linked BOM card ) had 2 Selection products in each of those, so I got 2 more receipt entries.

Cool!
    harbie, Tweets77, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning all.

Since we had a simple dinner last night of PB and J sandwiches I didn’t have anything for DHs lunch this morning so I made a batch of Dahl and rice and I’ll be dropping it off this morning when I head out to the bank. Saved $$$ by him not buying lunch

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Went to the mall today as I needed to take my Birkenstocks in to be resoled. It’s expensive but not as expensive as a new pair and it won’t be long before it can wear them. I was going to get new inserts for my Blundstones and as I was leaving I recalled when I bought these 8 yrs ago it came with a second set, so a bit of search and I saved $30.00. I spend my winter in the boots and the summer in the sandals so taking care of them makes sense.
    I then wandered a bit and left with nothing. I need a dress for late summer for my brother’s wedding but nothing called to me.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

After some flight delays we arrived home in the middle of the night, 2 hours late and hungry. Then we drove home. We were safely home hours before the blizzard. It’s currently travel not recommended all around our community, highway closures and travel not recommended for more than half the highways in SK. Teachers are continuing rotating strokes, which includes tomorrow.

I did the grocery shopping yesterday afternoon and we started washing laundry from our 2wk vacation.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I ran to Costco this morning to take advantage of some weekend only sales:

Chicken Breast are $6 off/pack, I grabbed 2 packages
    Whole Chickens 3-packs are $10 off/pack, I grabbed 1 package
    Mini Cucumbers $1 off/pack = $3.99/pack, I grabbed 2 bags
    Butter is on sale for $4.85, I grabbed 4 unsalted and 2 salted

Plus part of the regular sale I grabbed:
    1 pack of Glysomed Cream (2 large bottles, 1 small bottle) $12.99
    1 box Baby Wipes $18.99

Since I was there I grabbed more Naan, Toilet Paper, Celery. As well my Costco has a new line of Spices and had Ground Ginger and Cumin so I grabbed a bottle of each.

Now to deal with everything I bought.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information