• 2 Post By muggos0101
  • 1 Post By jessep13
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By barbiexxx

Thread: UPS sucks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I tracked a parcel that was schedulled to arrived at my house today and it said they made attemp for delivery today. I called them and they told me there driver said they tryed to deliver that said parcel at 10:22 this morning and no one was home! HUmm thats kind of odd I told them since me, my wife and son was home all day and never seen them come attemp the delivery!

I guess it there way to srew people when they can't make the delivery on schedule by using this excuse! I will never use them for shipper again when purshasing items when they lie to there customer like this! Especially when you pay a premium for next day delivery!

Beware of UPS!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by protecteur; Thu, Mar 29th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    $450 in amazon.ca gift certificate and counting Thanks! to Swagbucks! click the link below to join!
    Join Swagucks and get cool Prizes!
    My BBQ Blog http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have both UPS and FedEx drivers who go above and beyond the call )of duty.It helps living in a small town,of course. But both of them know where they can parcels if I'm out . And both of them have left the card and returned after hours to deliver parcels that have high value items(laptops, jewelery)so we didn't need to go to the depot to get them.
    ssbean and aemi like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I've had the same issue with some of the drivers, but I did have one driver who would deliver to me on a weekly basis and he was great. He said that sometimes they just put so much stuff on the trucks that there is no way they can deliver it all in one shift.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

UPS charges way too much to collect duty, like $40 so I never use them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find some drivers are great. Others won't even bother knocking on your house, they will just put the notice in your mailbox that no one was home. Had it happen a few times.
    aemi likes this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the exact same problem with UPS once, I wrote an angry email saying how pizza and chinese food delivery guys never have any problem buzzing me, but their delivery drivers apparently can't figure it out. Ever since then I have got my UPS deliveries no problem. It's always the same guy, I guess i'm on his route. I felt a little bit bad at first like maybe he got reamed out cause of me, but ever since I sent a complaint insulting his intelligence, he has delivered to my door with a smile on his face
    ssbean and aemi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have this problem every time with canpar and puralator. drives me insane that they dont even bother getting out of they're truck, like im supposed to automatically assume that the package is for me. ( im in a apt, but I can see them park out front and just sit there). As to UPS ( this has only happened once) , my ex-bf has a friend that works for UPS, his friend only knows me by first name, and clearly did not realize it was me. So he came to drop off a package , ( this was a second attempt so i knew it was for me), So when i saw him coming, I thought i'de go out and say hi. Well he took one look at me and RAN , and i am not exaggerating, for his truck.
    I was so upset. I complained to UPS but i dont think anything really was resolved, and i was stuck going way out of my way to pick up the stupid thing.

Other than that one time, I havent had any issues with UPS and find when they do deliver it is quite quick, and they are always friendly.
    Last edited by jessep13; Tue, Jun 26th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
    ssbean likes this.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

They never knock at our door just leave on door step. I watched on day as the truck pulled infront of house and I went to grab the dog so he wouldn't go crazy and walked to door and looked out curtain and watched as guy walk to step put parcel down and walked away. Is it really that hard to knock?
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, I am joining you. Not happy with UPS.
    Their delivery system is in the Stone Age.
    They gotta get their act together.

The telephone customer service is very bad. Overseas operators reading from a script and cannot understand simple instructions, that I repeated 3x.
    Finally did the "press 2 for French" trick and got a nice person in Canada - who still could not help me, but tried many things.

Will NEVER use them again and wrote them to tell them so.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've had issues with FedEx and UPS. They both seem to have issues delivering the packages to the door. It isn't really all that hard to knock on the door. Then, when I have to go to the depot and pick it up, I have discovered that the depot is really far away. UPS was almost a half hour away from me when I lived in London. It wasn't even on the bus route!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sure that they sometimes just drive by. Once UPS according to the tracking number would deliver the parcel that morning. When it did not arrive I called and they said they made 2 attempts. I said someone was lying since 1. I was home 2. the door was left ajar to give a clue we were home if they did not use the doorbell 3. My dog ALWAYS lets us know if someone comes onto our driveway and he did not make a whimper.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I tried to e-mail a complaint, but they don't make that too easy.
    So, sneaky me, went to the CEO and sent my complaint there.
    I got a call and an e-mail reply within 24 hours.

Booyah!
    FrugalKris likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i hate purolator. I (unfortunately) use them for work and they have three options when selecting delivery methods being normal, 9am and 10:30am. I have had people send me packages with 9am and 10:30am labels that come during our normal delivery at 11:30am. I phoned them to ask why those packages are not being delivered before 9am and 10:30am (since i know the cost is almost double for that method) and they told me that the guy only comes to the area for deliveries once (at 11:30) so they just get delivered then. USELESS. So my sender is paying double the price for the package to arrive at the same time as it usually does for an item that is needed before 9 in the morning??
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Thread Information