User Tag List

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Bella, I feel so badly for you. It hurts when friends do that, someone we trusted and loved. It is amazing what money wil do to people. I have been taking venlafaxine, a 75mg and a 37.5mg every day for 7 years now. Depression runs in my family. My youngest dh suffers from severe depression after a terrible accident when she was 16 where her best friend was killed. She blames herself, even though she wasn't to blame. She will find every reason why it is her fault, like she shouldn't have called her to go out that night. She felt for a very long time that she had no-one to talk to, even though she and I are very very close. The feeling that one has when they are depressed can seem insurmountable. I am here if you ever feel the need to talk. I have raise 5 girls, and 7 foster childres (4 of them girls as well). I have seen and heard just about everything. Our family has been through so much in the last year alone, but one thing we have in commom is each other, so please remember, I am here for you.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Bella, I feel so badly for you. It hurts when friends do that, someone we trusted and loved. It is amazing what money wil do to people. I have been taking venlafaxine, a 75mg and a 37.5mg every day for 7 years now. Depression runs in my family. My youngest dh suffers from severe depression after a terrible accident when she was 16 where her best friend was killed. She blames herself, even though she wasn't to blame. She will find every reason why it is her fault, like she shouldn't have called her to go out that night. She felt for a very long time that she had no-one to talk to, even though she and I are very very close. The feeling that one has when they are depressed can seem insurmountable. I am here if you ever feel the need to talk. I have raise 5 girls, and 7 foster childres (4 of them girls as well). I have seen and heard just about everything. Our family has been through so much in the last year alone, but one thing we have in commom is each other, so please remember, I am here for you.
    Thank you
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ive come to realize I need a new therapist.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm waiting for an appointment for myself, for the sake of my family.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's been getting real bad lately. My friends don't know what to do with me, except 1 friend who's going through the same thing. It's like no one genuinly cares anymore and i'm tired of everyone pushing down my emotional/mental state. I don't want to do anything anymore, I don't want to cook, to coupon (trade, trains, or even buy) some days I just wanna stay in my PJ's and cry.
    Thinking of doing an online diary.
    Last edited by Brandy Hunter; Tue, Nov 29th, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Thanks everyone for posting in here and sharing your stories and experiences. Sometimes it's just nice to know that you're not alone.

I am worried for myself with depression over the winter. I've had a lot of bad news in the last little while (my Dad had a stroke, luckily a relatively minor one + stress on the job front + stress on the school front + the home reno that goes on and on and on) and this is often a bad time for me, not for seasonal depression, but for the clinical kind... I am being careful and monitoring myself, but am concerned.

I'm also trying to keep track of my Dad re: depression right now. After the stroke, he can't write, walks with a cane and can't go back to work. He tried 2h back at his office for the first time in almost 2 months this week; he was exhausted afterward and had to sleep for the rest of the day. He's very, very, very prone to severe depression (including suicidal ideation), so he's my #1 worry on this front. I am trying to get lots of visits in (hard as he's 250km+ away) so that we can get support from each other through the winter.

For now, I'm hoping for days with lots of sunshine and just for nothing else major to happen. Even if I'm under a lot of stress, I find that I can cope relatively well if there are no sudden shocks or burdens placed on me. Here's hoping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    It's been getting real bad lately. My friends don't know what to do with me, except 1 friend who's going through the same thing. It's like no one genuinly cares anymore and i'm tired of everyone pushing down my emotional/mental state. I don't want to do anything anymore, I don't want to cook, to coupon (trade, trains, or even buy) some days I just wanna stay in my PJ's and cry.
    Thinking of doing an online diary.
    If you don't have a therapist appointment coming up, perhaps you should try to get one asap - it's really best for you to be dealing with a professional at this time.
    Hoping things get better for you!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My anxiety has gotten loads better since I started couponing, I can talk to people fairly easily now at my job but if I say anything that doesn't come out right I dwell on it for days, or weeks.

Depression is getting worse lately for me though. School is contributing because they're stupid and a pain in the patootie.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    My anxiety has gotten loads better since I started couponing, I can talk to people fairly easily now at my job but if I say anything that doesn't come out right I dwell on it for days, or weeks.

Depression is getting worse lately for me though. School is contributing because they're stupid and a pain in the patootie.

I'm glad to hear couponing is therapeutic. You may consider posting that in the couponing thread. As for depression,take it one day at a time, or one hour if need be. The changing of the seasons is a contributing factor according to my Dr. Unfortunately it has been really bad for me and others here too. Know that you are amongst friends.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am starting to feel the effects of SAD again.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

gryphon, maybe you could get a recommendation for a unit for light therapy... check in to see if it's covered by your health plan, too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My therapist has dropped me as a patient. He feels its no longer beneficial to me and I need to see someone else. Now comes the task of finding another psychiatrist.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    If you don't have a therapist appointment coming up, perhaps you should try to get one asap - it's really best for you to be dealing with a professional at this time.
    Hoping things get better for you!
    I can't go, well I can and but I need to find a ride, and everyone is all too busy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    My therapist has dropped me as a patient. He feels its no longer beneficial to me and I need to see someone else. Now comes the task of finding another psychiatrist.
    Hope you are feeling better, and find a psychiatrist sooner than later.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't do this anymore. I broke down and cried today. The holidays do nothing but make my anxiety/depression ten times worse. So tired of having no future, no g/f or friends to hang out with. So alone.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread Information