User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi
    I had a great time shoppng at canadian tire store in Brantford.
    This store fullfilled al my need in the hardware section and the auto section. The prices are cheaper than other stores I have checked.
    Thank-you
    Last edited by ilovemykids; Sun, Oct 26th, 2008 at 10:04 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

HI

I am writing about the Canadian Tire Store
    30 Lynden Rd.
    Brantford, Ontario
    N3R8A4

I am very pleased with the helpful staff at this Canadian Tire Location. I was looking for some item's in the hardware section of the store. I had a hard time finding what I needed until I asked one of the employees for some assistance. I was pleased with there courteous attitude. I soon found out what I needed was out of stock. The employee said that he will give me a raincheck as the item I needed was on sale and they simply ran out of them. I returned to the store two business days later and I purchased the item I needed at the sale price.

Sean OQuinn

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I have to post a comment on Canadian Tire, because this strikes me as funny. This was a few weeks ago, at our lower sackville location. Our car needed a TP sensor. (throttle position). Now if you know anything about cars, or have access to the internet..there are just some things you can do yourself. the TP sensor on a grand am is one.

picked up the part at car quest for $75. this part is not much bigger than a fricking loonie. and not too hightech looking either for what it does. anyway, rather than paying cnd tire, what $60/hr, to put it on? i think the minimum they charge is for half an hour?

we discovered that we needed a certain torque screwdriver. ok, so hubby thinks $3. i'm thinking more like $12. we got in there. and i love canadian tires deals on tools, rotors that kind of thing. i once seen a whole set 90% off. but i digress..

instead of buying one screwdriver to do the job, we got a whole 60pc set.. $60 for $20. THE BEST PART, the one we were planning on getting wouldn't have done the job! we had the size right, but because of where the tp sensor is, you needed one that was angled. the set came with a mini set of these Z shaped screwdrivers, one was the right size torque for the job. made hubbie's life so much easier.

so i figured i saved $15 on the labour, and got a whole set of tools free

oh and when i seen the deal, i yelled STAAAART THE CAAAAR!!!

and i could hear them over in automotive...snickering..

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found a coolant leakage problem in my car (Ford taurus), then I got it check in CT. They charged me almost $200 for the checking and told me that the problem is intake manifold gasket, and I need pay anther 500$ to fix it. Then I aggreed.
    After they took out the intake manifold, they said every thing is ok, and the problem is in the cylinder gasket, and I need to pay 1200$ to fix this problem.
    This time, I said no. I told them:"I made the decision based on your inspection. if your conclusion is wrong, you should take the responsibilty. I only pay 500$ to get my car fixed, and I don't care where the leakage come from".
    But today, I went to Canadian Tire, and the mechanic told me that there is still no problem with the cylinder gasket, and it must be some cracks in the cylinder blocks. The mechanic suggested my to rebuilt the engine at the cost of 1700$. I wanted to talk to the manager but he was off today.
    So it seems that I have to pay 700$ for nothing, even I don't know where the problem comes from. This dose not make any sense and unfair, right?
    Anyone has good suggestion and help me out of Canadian Tire?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate Canadian Tire and will only go in if I absolutely need something that they have. I find their prices much higher then anywhere else. I bought a baby seat for my friend's shower and decided to order it on their website and have them wrap it. Well when it came the wrapping job was horrible, the box was dented and then I find out the car seat is more then $40 cheaper at Toys R Us. I returned it and they didn't want to refund the wrapping or shipping charge. After about 20 min of arguing about the crappy wrapping job, the jacked up price and the dented box, the manager gave us all our money back.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Ct's in our area are a hit or miss. Yes it is over-priced but then again you might find some fantastic deals. I did find some garden tools that weren't sold anywhere else.
    If they are out of an advertised items they will gladly give you a raincheck or order it for you not like some other stores where I have to speak with the manager to get a bloody raincheck.
    Canadian tires are a franchise, so they have the same basic stuff as all the other CT's but some have quite a few more goodies than others.
    In season, I do buy some of my annuals there and even herbs but for the perennials most of the time they don't have the care and planting guide for them and when I ask an employee they never know anything about plants as there is only ( maybe if you are lucky) one manager that will tell you about the plant you intend to buy. So for garden stuff that's one of the first places I go to, but do all the rest of my shopping elsewhere or until I see them advertize a good deal.
    Had gone in once to buy and have them install one of those gizmos to start your car from afar, but found them overpriced and when they told me how much it would cost to install it I was outta there faster than the speed of smell.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nettie, just FYI, as of right now (and August '08) the same people own BOTH the Bridgewater store and Yarmouth store.

Instead of waiting so long, why didn't you take it to a specialty store that actually installs a car starter? Canadian Tire would charge you a fortune to install it anyway.

To all the angry people, I work at Canadian Tire...don't take it out on us. We're just doing what we're told.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I tried calling the CT on Jean Talon today! Worst customer service ever! They treated me like I was an idiot! Here is what i wrote to them. We will see if they respond!

today I phoned canadian tire LANGELIER, QC 6565 JEAN-TALON EST at 14h00. I have never been treated so poorly! I was constantly transfered to department to department. People would answer the phone and put me on hold immediately. When someone actually spoke to me, they yelled at me telling me (in French) I ALREADY TOLD YOU! THIS IS THE WRONG DEPT! Like I have control over where your sales assoc transfer me to! They treated me like I was an idiot. I even told them to stop treating me like an idiot. They are the ones transferring me. I told them what I was looking for and it is not my fault if they dont know where to send the call.
    I work as a Quality Control admin. I know what people should and should not do while speaking on the phone, I was appauled at the level, or lack there of, of customer service.
    I will take my business elsewhere. I would rather drive all the way to Kirkland to get proper customer service, rather than be treated like a door mat.
    I want a response from CT. I will blog about your store, and be posting your response.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good for you Juni, I hope you will get an immediate response with a basket full of coupons !

You are absolutely right, you are not the one handling the calls and a customer expects to be transfered to the right department and should be treated with respect. If they didn't have us customers they wouldn't have stores.

In the stores I always get polite service but never did try to phone in, so I wonder how they would handle my call here in Laval

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

the one in RDP and Kirkland are super! maybe I had trouble because I was calling in a majority francophone store. The west island has a big anglophone population and can not get away with treating ppl differently based on their language. in the east end it is quite different!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So I received a call today and they appologized profusly for our experience! The manager assured me that this was not acceptable and the situation is being looked into further and will be dealt with.
    I was very happy that I received a quick reply to my on line email complaint and that the situation is being looked after!

Quote Originally Posted by juniperjune View Post
    I tried calling the CT on Jean Talon today! Worst customer service ever! They treated me like I was an idiot! Here is what i wrote to them. We will see if they respond!

today I phoned canadian tire LANGELIER, QC 6565 JEAN-TALON EST at 14h00. I have never been treated so poorly! I was constantly transfered to department to department. People would answer the phone and put me on hold immediately. When someone actually spoke to me, they yelled at me telling me (in French) I ALREADY TOLD YOU! THIS IS THE WRONG DEPT! Like I have control over where your sales assoc transfer me to! They treated me like I was an idiot. I even told them to stop treating me like an idiot. They are the ones transferring me. I told them what I was looking for and it is not my fault if they dont know where to send the call.
    I work as a Quality Control admin. I know what people should and should not do while speaking on the phone, I was appauled at the level, or lack there of, of customer service.
    I will take my business elsewhere. I would rather drive all the way to Kirkland to get proper customer service, rather than be treated like a door mat.
    I want a response from CT. I will blog about your store, and be posting your response.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

hmmm Canadian Tire.... My Canadian Tire never seems to stock enough of anything on sale. And a funny example of this is back at Christmas time I was buying my hubby a jointer/planer I went in because they were the only store to sell them in my town and went to were the were located and oh no not a single on on the shelf so off to find someone to see when they would have more in and he went and checked and thank goodness they had two in the back. So I had him put one in the cart and decided to wonder around and see what in store sales they had and came across the following days flyer hmm lets take a peek and see whats on sale for the following day/week. OH NO. The jointer/planer $100 off. Well thats funny they only have two in stock. This is a positive..... I went to customer service and asked if I could have this set aside for a couple days as I work the following day and would not be able to make it in, showed them the flyer and said they only had two in stock I can't risk not getting it but at the same time I don't want to pay full price knowing I could have it for $100 less. She said I could pay for it now and then come in the following week with the reciept and flyer and I could get my money back. So I agreed and she then told me to hold on a minute and called somebody and yippee they gave me the deal early. She said less work for both of us this way LOL. I've had some good experiences with them like this one but I've also had some head smashing bad as well.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My CT can be hit and miss too. I find that the staff is not really knowledgeable, and once when I called to see if they had a certain sale item they said they did. When I went to get it, the person at the service desk said, "Oh yeah, the system's been saying they had that for weeks, we can't find it."

Another time, we had bought a deck storage box - just a plastic thing, about $60 I think it was. We don't own a car, but we had a rental car and picked this up just before we dropped off the car at the end of our weekend.

Awhile later my husband went to put it together - and there's all kinds of pieces broken! We don't live far from the store but this thing was heavy, we couldn't just carry it back, and the rental car was already returned.

I called the store, the person who answered the phone wasn't helpful at all. She didn't give a damn about my situation, said that I had to bring the thing back to the store to exchange it and that was that. So I asked to speak to the manager, and when I explained my situation she got someone from their staff to drive to our house with another one!

Fortunately my husband was smart enough to open the box before the guy left. MORE broken pieces! But fortunately we found enough intact pieces between the two sets to build one deck box.

Z

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

The CT in Clarkson has been great to me. We've purchased a few large items there (with a small car) and the staff has been awesome. I was there with my mum one day while she was in town visiting and decided to buy a bbq to surprise DH. BBQ+Tercel = Not Happening. One of the staff members not only helped us out to the car, but helped us take the box apart and put everything into the backseat and boot of the car, making sure not to do any damage. What impressed me even more was it was a lad of maybe 18. A great employee for sure.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My story does not concern a product a purchased however a situation in the auto dept.
    I am a school bus driver, (not private, school district) and was on a field trip, (60kms) from our district, over a mountain pass in a very wet snow storm. We arrived and as I dropped the children, (I had 68 elementary students on board) at their destination the drivers side windshield wiper fell apart. I spent a little time trying to put it back together but it was too bent.
    A phonecall back to our base led me to a Canadian Tire just a couple blks away that had an auto repair dept.
    I could not fit in the parking lot so parked on a side street adjacent to the auto section, you could see the bus from their counter but I was on the street.
    When I went in three gentlemen were working the counter, one on the phone, the other two chatting amongst themselves. After standing there ten minutes, I timed it, I interrupted, told them my story stating I where I was from, the predicament I was in with 68 kids, in a snowstorm and had to return back over the pass. All three turned and looked outside at my bus and said we don't work on anything that doesn't fit in the parking lot or bays and they had no parts for school buses.
    Anticipating the part issue thanks to our mechanic I had phoned I asked please could they take a moment and send someone out to the bus to switch the passenger blade over to the drivers side, not the best solution but at least we could safely get home.
    I said of course I will pay for their time.
    The look I got from them was priceless, they stood there, shaking their heads and just kept repeating, they would not go out the road to work on a bus!
    By this time I was boiling, there was three customers, one whom stepped forward and said to the counter men oh come on what will it take 2 minutes, these kids can't go home on a bus with no wipers, the answer was no.
    I looked at all three and said I hope you all sleep well tonight knowing you have sent 68 children out in a situation where an accident could cause their deaths. Hopefully when they wake up the next morning they would not see a school bus at the bottom of a ravine on the news! Turned around, said I would never return to a Canadian Tire in my lifetime and slammed the door on the way out.
    (After phoning our mechanic again, we found a place to go where two fantastic young mechanics spent 45 minutes straightening my metal blade holders and putting my wiper back together and on. They worked outside in the snow, sent me in for a cup of coffee in the office and would not take a dime for their work! I took 5 lbs of our homemade chocolates and Horton's coffees down to them on a later trip).
    Unfortunately my boss would not allow me to either complain to the store or in the newspapers about what had happened with Canadian Tire and our bus. I felt this was not the right decision on her part but had to follow her direction.
    To this day, one year late I have not stepped into a CT store and never will.
    CC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information