User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By marstec
  • 1 Post By marstec

Thread: A couple of good buys at Safeway this week - even better for 10% Tuesday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are a few good deals in Safeway's flyer that I took advantage of today:

5 kg Robin Hood flour is $4.99 (reg 8.99) and when you buy two, you get 20 bonus AM's - there is a $1 coupon from the Ziploc bags promo that expires at the end of the month.

Tenderflake lard is two for $4, use your coupon for $1.50 off from websaver(?).

Buy six Colgate Advanced Health toothpastes (small size) 3/$5 and get 25 bonus AM's - use your coupons for $1.50 off each one. IMO, this is the better way to use the coupon since it is for the right product.

If you go today, you get the additional 10% off, even better. I went to Safeway to get a turkey, but they were on sale for $1.49/lb - Sobey's has theirs for 99 cents per lb.
    This thread is currently associated with: Safeway, Websaver
    Last edited by marstec; Tue, Apr 3rd, 2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: added price of toothpaste
    Natalka and okgirl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

thanks!
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Also Astro yogurt is $1.99 WUB2 use two $1 coupons making them 99 cents each!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

is the Robin Hood flour in the flyer? I couldn't find it in Vancouver.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gobo View Post
    is the Robin Hood flour in the flyer? I couldn't find it in Vancouver.
    Hmm...maybe it's regional. You know, I saw the sign for it at the store last Friday and made plans to get it this Tuesday. I thought it was a good price since the 10 kg hardly ever goes down past $10 anymore - plus the coupons are only good for the 5 kg and smaller. I wonder if you could call your local store and ask them to check for you?

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Flour sales are often very regional-always been that way. There are a very limited number of players in flour. One of the company's bears my family name.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great deals!

Mine at Safeway this week -

They have a special, buy two out of specified Kraft items, get a Philadelphia cream cheese product free.

Ended up buying two Kraft mayo at 3.99 (which I buy and use anyway, and that's an okay price), and two big bags of Maynard's candy at 2.99 each (a good price) - and got one brick cream cheese, and one container of dill cream cheese spread free.

Awesome!

BTW, the candy fits in because Kraft owns Cadbury, which makes Maynard's, lol!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I saw the Kraft promo in one of the flyers but didn't check any further. Is there a coupon to put through, or is it done automatically at the till? I usually buy the big honkin' jar of Miracle Whip for around $5, but I don't think I'd have trouble finding other Kraft products for that promotion. You did well getting that cream cheese and dip for free - I just paid almost $3 for some cream cheese this week. I think Coop and Sobey's has this on too??

Was the Maynard's posted in the picture? I didn't realize they were owned by Kraft!

Thanks for your contributions, Natalka.

I also found Crosby's molasses ($3.47) and Crown corn syrup ($3.50) on sale at Safeway; it's cheaper than anywhere else this week as far as I know.
    Natalka likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

The Kraft promo is put through automatically at the till.

another pretty good deal this week is the Kelloggs cereal. It is buy 5 get 100 airmiles. The cereal is $5 each(yesterday it was $4.50 a box(10% off). So it cost me $22.50-$10 in airmiles=12.50--plus all the boxes had the free cereal codes so i got codes for 2 1/2 boxes of free cereal....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Yesterday at Safeway I saved 51% on my bill and the manager had to come over-ride the till--I spent $87 and earned 204 airmiles!!!!

Thread Information