Thread: Freshco overage on Olay bars

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Freshco was all out of Olay.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Price match at walmart!!! Yay overage!!!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freebie_Fanatic View Post
    Price match at walmart!!! Yay overage!!!!
    You realise the coupon was not valid on trial or sample sizes? One bar is a trial size. However if the cashier accepted it they accepted it, hopefully they don't get in trouble and lose their job and WM will get their money back so they don't tighten down the rules for accepting coupons.
    anastasia1009 likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One bar of soap isn't a trial size, its one bar of soap.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My cashier asked the manager at our local FreshCo and she got the answer that the coupon could be used, but only $0.50 off for both soaps, for a grand total of $1. I would still have to pay $1, plus the tax on both. I guess that way, FreshCo gets to keep the $2 overage from P&G by their calculation?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    My cashier asked the manager at our local FreshCo and she got the answer that the coupon could be used, but only $0.50 off for both soaps, for a grand total of $1. I would still have to pay $1, plus the tax on both. I guess that way, FreshCo gets to keep the $2 overage from P&G by their calculation?
    I'm fairly certain that's a form of fraud. If they're going to change how much the coupon is worth (which (*$&(#*&$, since when do cashiers and managers have the right to just change the value "Hmm...I think this one should only be worth $1 instead of $3".) then they should be writing how much they valued the coupon at - so that that's all they get back. It's not right for them to change the coupon value and then get the entire value back when they get their money from the MFR. In reality, all places should offer "overage" since the money isn't their's to alter - it's the MFR who is giving the money back...
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Maybe they would write down the value or match it to the register receipt. I didn't mean to say that it wouldn't have been done like that since I declined buying the soap. I've just never heard of a store deciding to accept a coupon but decide that it's worth 33% of it's value!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Maybe they would write down the value or match it to the register receipt. I didn't mean to say that it wouldn't have been done like that since I declined buying the soap. I've just never heard of a store deciding to accept a coupon but decide that it's worth 33% of it's value!
    Oh no, I wasn't entirely being specific to your case. I have yet to see a cashier write down the value of an altered coupon (ie. at SDM where they won't take the full value if the product costs less than the coupon). The only time I see them write a value on the coupon is when it's a FPC. They SHOULD be writing down the value as you said - but they never do.

I've never heard of a store being that ridiculous though either...or making up their own value for coupons (except as mentioned above - ie to avoid overage)
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_M View Post
    One bar of soap isn't a trial size, its one bar of soap.
    Really? Well then what exactly would you call a trial size then in terms of soap? In the trial section of my local WM they sell one bar of soap. Also then what would you consider a sample in terms of soap? A cut off sliver of a full bar? Have you ever seen this being sold?

People can think what they want, and if cashiers accept it then they accept it but I think its pretty obvious the coupon is not to be used for ONE bar of soap. Call P&G and ask I bet they will tell you no.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

typically a trial sized pg product is good for 2-6 uses...I have seen the trial size downy and that was a 12 load.... a bar of soap trial size would be very small... i think this falls into a grey area.

I beleive they mean for us to not use them on the trial sized lotions and cleansing clothes and that the soap was not included because they don't make a size that small in the soap... only in the body wash and lotion and cleansing clothes.

If a hotel sized shampoo bottle is a travel or trial size so would the soap be the same size as one of those itty bitty bars. Just because they don't make the olay in the trial size it doesn't exclude something that is the equivalant of a bottle of body wash. Perhaps it isn't the way pg would like the coupon to be used... they would probably like it best if we used it best on the biggest item when it isn't on sale.
    I might be right... i might be wrong.... it is just my thoughts on the issue.
    Last edited by cheekysaver; Tue, May 8th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
    kaylamcd likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I called P&G (surprisingly didn't have to wait on hold very long for once!) And asked them about this. I explained that the one bar is on sale for $1 and asked if I would be able to use my $3 WUB2 Olay for these soaps at Freshco. I also explained to them that Freshco would mark the coupon down so I wouldn't be getting money off the purchase of the soap. They told me the coupon is not valid on trial sizes. I asked them if the one pack bar of soap was a trial size. She did not answer my question but told me that the coupon is not valid to be used on two of the one bars of soap.

But like I keep saying, I guess if the cashiers accept it then they accept it.

I just sent out all my coupons yesterday for this because I think 13 cents (tax) for one bar of soap isn't a good deal. (Freshco would mark the coupon down) I think this because I was able to get 4 pack of Lever2000 for 13 cents (tax) and just recently my WM allowed me to get 8-pack Dial Soap Bars (they didn't have the 3 pack in stock so said I could get the next size up, great customer service!) for $1.99 when price matched at Nofrills and which I then used my $2 off coupon. So 26cents for 8 bars.

Then again I realise some people may not like Lever or Dial and be brand specific like my in laws who will only use Dove bar.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Also then what would you consider a sample in terms of soap?
    I would consider a sample for bar soap to be the size that you have in your Hotel bathrooms to use.
    And does a package not have to specify if it's Trial or Travel size?
    like this Dove Packaging does:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dove-White....6-oz/10294476
    It says Trial size and is only 2.6 oz where as their full size bars are 4.25 oz.
    Im not trying to cause an online argument with anyone.
    this is JMO (just my opinion) and for the record...no i didn't use my coupons on the Olay so im not trying to justify my coupon use.
    As someone pointed out....it's a grey area.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

There's a picture of soap on the coupon, it says 'any' and one bar of soap is not trail size. So...I say fair game.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    I would consider a sample for bar soap to be the size that you have in your Hotel bathrooms to use.
    And does a package not have to specify if it's Trial or Travel size?
    like this Dove Packaging does:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dove-White....6-oz/10294476
    It says Trial size and is only 2.6 oz where as their full size bars are 4.25 oz.
    Im not trying to cause an online argument with anyone.
    this is JMO (just my opinion) and for the record...no i didn't use my coupons on the Olay so im not trying to justify my coupon use.
    As someone pointed out....it's a grey area.
    I don't think a lot of things say trial on them despite actually being. They have full sized bars of soap in the trial cubbys of my local WM but they don't say trial, nor do the toothpaste and various other things as far as I remember. I agree its a grey area but not so much after I called P&G and explained it to them and they said no.
    Quote Originally Posted by medicmommy View Post
    There's a picture of soap on the coupon, it says 'any' and one bar of soap is not trail size. So...I say fair game.
    Yeah, maybe, but then why would P&G tell me that the coupon is not valid to be used on two of the one bars of soap?
    scrapyddm likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyone might want to consider that Fresh Co's coupon policy does not allow the use of a coupon that exceeds the value of the item.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information