User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sunless Tanning Lotion - have we discussed them yet?:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's that time of year again, when I want to put on my summer skirts, dresses and capris, but unfortunately my arms and legs are snow white

With so many sunless tanning lotions out there, which one do you choose without looking orange? I've tried Jergens but wasn't really happy with it.....didn't seem to get much of a 'tan'.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Oh dear, the jergens was no good? I think it depends on how pale you are, my family jokes that I'm so pale that "I'm involuntarily goth", and even the jergens looked orange on me, but it was the least orange. I just decided embrace pale as the new tan

So because I'm so fair, none of them work for me. I'm the palest of pale with blue undertones. I glow underwater, and I match the bleach-white sheets. What's your skin tone? Maybe that would help others who use it tell you what works for them?

(however, if you want sunscreen reviews, I'm your go-to girl )
    Last edited by iceblueraven; Thu, May 10th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
    krysta lynne likes this.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

LOL your description of your coloring is priceless!! I am pale, but not quite that pale! If I have no tan (or don't use sunless tanner) I get a lot of "wow, are you ever white!!" Not sure if that helps or not.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have a more olive tone of skin, I used to work in a tanning salon when I was going to college. We tried and used A LOT of sunless tanning products as well (we had to try them so we could sell them) , in the summer I get REALLY dark just out in the sun, even with generous amounts of sun screen....I went to try a sunless spray on tan, and came out a pumpkin, on the other hand that was 8 years ago and it has probably evolved since then...tried a number of lotions, Neutragena produces a good colour, but the smell is SOOO strong...by far, FAR FAR I would always go for Australian Gold Sunless Tanning Lotion. It produces a nice colour without a strong smell. You will have to buy it from a professional salon, but try to find a sale, I forget how much it costs but I got a 50% staff discount so it wasnt terrible for me. I think it would be better to spend the money if you can and just not turn orange.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks. I may just have to purchase that one! You can get it at a pretty decent price at www.tanninglotionsource.com (loads of product there but really don't want to buy an 'unknown' one unless I know its not going to turn me orange lol!)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'll be looking for a new self tanner this year too......as they've discontinued both of my favorites. I just found out yesterday that they discontinued my all time favorite and am so mad! My skin is insanely fair.....like Casper.....so I was forever on the hunt for a good self tanner that left me looking bronzed/brown......NOT orange. After trying countless brands a few years ago I came across Coppertone Gradual Tan.....which was my holy grail of self tanners. Coppertone mentioned that they discontinued it because they want to focus on sunburn protection products.....which doesn't really make sense to me. I'm extremely pale and use their sunscreen year round.....which is exactly why I need/want the self tanning products too!

Rats I'll post back if I come across anything decent this year.

You might want to check out this website as well. This is the link for self-tanners....although you might need an account to be able to read all the reviews. It's free though......I'm constantly on there looking up reviews for various things! lol

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...=Find+Products
    Last edited by Speckled28; Fri, May 11th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My daughter likes the Jergens Natural Glow in the foam (metal can)...those products come in light and dark shades, so perhaps try the darker one if the light one doesn't work. Learning how to apply it correctly improves the overall look (less blotchy).

I remember my sister outside tanning every summer when we were young...now, she has some sort of skin condition where she reacts horribly to direct sunlight, especially on her face. It's too bad that we associate a dark tan with looking "healthy"....not a criticism, just an observation...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    My daughter likes the Jergens Natural Glow in the foam (metal can)...those products come in light and dark shades, so perhaps try the darker one if the light one doesn't work. Learning how to apply it correctly improves the overall look (less blotchy).

I remember my sister outside tanning every summer when we were young...now, she has some sort of skin condition where she reacts horribly to direct sunlight, especially on her face. It's too bad that we associate a dark tan with looking "healthy"....not a criticism, just an observation...
    Lol.....very true.....and yet, lol. I would be perfectly happy if my skin was solid white, lol....but it's white and Casper-like so you can EASILY see every little vein, freckle, splotch etc etc. That's the part that I don't like. My best friend gets a tiny spider vein or broken blood vessel and you'd never know it.....I get one and you can see it from across the room ( or at least that's how I feel). Oh how I long for the times when super pale skin was in, lol.
    Shwa Girl and iceblueraven like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Clnique Self Sun Tinted Body Lotion Light-Medium. It does have a bit of shimmer. They also have medium-deep. I heard Clarins Self Tan Instant Gel is suppose to be good but pricey.

I believe the Clinique light-medium one would be okay with your skin tone. I'm medium and apply a two-three layers to get a deeper color.. Maybe a Clinique counter or Sephora will give you a sample.

I find with self tanners the key is to exfoliate well before applying. That way you don't get dry patches. You need to be careful around the elbows, knees and ankles because self tanner will darken in these areas more. I usually apply a body moisturizer to these areas first. I'm still new at this, learning experience. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by toban; Fri, May 11th, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    It's too bad that we associate a dark tan with looking "healthy"....not a criticism, just an observation...

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I tried a lot of sunless tanners and they all turn me sort of orange. I'm just a plain old whitey now, not normal white but sickly white lol
    Speckled28 likes this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i tried the jergens and quite liked it. but i also liked the evian holiday skin one as well... i dont use them too much though. im from a polish/scottish background, destined to be pale. so i try to embrace it
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

................and yesterday I get my samplesource, with a jergen's daily tanning moistuizer FOR MEDIUM TO TAN SKIN TONES.

How rude.

Let's start a movement to bring pale back.
    Last edited by iceblueraven; Sat, May 12th, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
    Shwa Girl and Speckled28 like this.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by iceblueraven View Post
    ................and yesterday I get my samplesource, with a jergen's daily tanning moistuizer FOR MEDIUM TO TAN SKIN TONES.

How rude.

Let's start a movement to bring pale back.
    Jergens - Marketing to the max.

Marc Jacobs did a campaign about tanning.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

If you're super white (like me!) and want a sunless tanner, honestly the only one I've tried that worked wonderfully was bought from a tanning salon. I believe it was Australian Gold, and it is great. No streaks, slow to build up the colour, natural looking colour. I'll look at my bottle when I get home and share it if anyone's interested.
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information