User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad drivers.

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

My all time pet peeve is when people do not get out of the way for emergency vehicles, I do get that sometimes they come out of no where and there isn't a place to go that second, But when people keep driving like there is nothing going on this is basic knowledge GRRRR! Also rolling stoppers and the non-signalers erk me as well
    matrix82 and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Reading this thread makes me frustrated, I agree with all the frustrating things that drivers do. At least I know with some of it they are causing damage to their cars possible, tailgating increased the chances of getting rock chips in their paint, and ones that are in such a hurray to get places such as speeding in dangerous situations increase their chances of getting tickets. I think the worst part about driving is having to watch out for the other driver.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ami1984 View Post
    My all time pet peeve is when people do not get out of the way for emergency vehicles, I do get that sometimes they come out of no where and there isn't a place to go that second, But when people keep driving like there is nothing going on this is basic knowledge GRRRR! Also rolling stoppers and the non-signalers erk me as well

A couple of months ago, I was pulling to a stop at a 4-way stop as 2 fire-engines and an ambulance powered through. A few seconds behind them were a couple of police-cars so I waited...

The person behind me MUST have seen the fire-engines and ambulance but decided I wasn't moving fast enough so s/he pulled around me and across the intersection. that car missed the police car by inches....The last thing I saw was the policeman giving him\her a nice little talk as I drove off.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tailgaters on the highway bug me - the ones who think the left lane is there so they can go 30 or 40 over the limit. Then there's the ones who think I'm slowing them down if I leave some space in front of me. So they tailgate me for awhile, pass me and then get into the space in front of me so that they can go the exact same speed they were going when they were behind me.
    I get to see a whole new breed of special drivers since they put a roundabout near my house. It's incredibly easy to use and I absolutely love it. But there are yield sign posted as well as painted on the road, yet there are still a couple of drivers who will cut in front of me while I'm in the roundabout so that I almost hit them. My favourite though was the driver who stopped in the middle of the circle and reversed their car to go back to the turn-off they had just driven past.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ugh it all gets me..

My biggest peeve right now is I take a road that has a 90km limit to it to work every day. It's a 2 lane road, very busy and hard to pass on. (Wilkes for those who live in Winnipeg). There's about 6-8 side streets that intersect with this road but only one has a set of lights.

What gets me is I'll be doing 90 and someone will whip out from one of the side streets.. right in front of me and go 60. So I have to slam on the brakes to not hit them and then they just tootle along like nothing happened.

If you are completely incapable of judging the speed other cars are going, then wait til they pass. If you are, and figure you have enough time to get on the road, PUNCH IT so the other cars don't have to brake hard for you.

It drives me insane! It's such a busy road too that it's near impossible to pass. EVERY day I get someone doing this. It drives me crazy. People like that cause accidents!
    matrix82, sasksaver and nessa23 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Tailgaters on the highway bug me - the ones who think the left lane is there so they can go 30 or 40 over the limit. Then there's the ones who think I'm slowing them down if I leave some space in front of me. So they tailgate me for awhile, pass me and then get into the space in front of me so that they can go the exact same speed they were going when they were behind me.
    I get to see a whole new breed of special drivers since they put a roundabout near my house. It's incredibly easy to use and I absolutely love it. But there are yield sign posted as well as painted on the road, yet there are still a couple of drivers who will cut in front of me while I'm in the roundabout so that I almost hit them. My favourite though was the driver who stopped in the middle of the circle and reversed their car to go back to the turn-off they had just driven past.
    I think sometimes people have problems with the roundabouts when they've never seen then before. I live in a pretty small rural area and our closest roundabout is probably at least an hour away. I've never come across one myself....and if I remember correctly those weren't in the driving manual....at least when I took my test because they were still fairly new. Still not an excuse for reckless driving but I can understand people who look confused or go super super slowly through them, lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speckled28 View Post
    I think sometimes people have problems with the roundabouts when they've never seen then before. I live in a pretty small rural area and our closest roundabout is probably at least an hour away. I've never come across one myself....and if I remember correctly those weren't in the driving manual....at least when I took my test because they were still fairly new. Still not an excuse for reckless driving but I can understand people who look confused or go super super slowly through them, lol.
    I agree that they can be confusing. I was scared when they first put it in. But yield signs are covered in the driver's handbook and they are posted and painted at every entrance. So it should be fairly clear that if there's a car in the roundabout, you should yield for it instead of forcing the other driver to slam on their brakes. And circles are covered in preschool. They go round and round - so no need to stop and back up your car.
    Last edited by abbasgirl; Fri, May 11th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

I agree with it all!
    I HATE when people come to A COMPLETE STOP in a yield, when you are behind them and know that there are NO CARS COMING, so you are screaming GOOOOOOO!!!!! But instead have to brake because the idiot in front didn't shoulder check and realize, hey! there aren't any cars coming whatsoever! I can actually drive right through the yield without stopping for no reason. WOW, imagine this! As far as I know, a yield doesn't look like a stop sign or a red light, buddy. Keep moving.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I actually got a stone chip from some jacka$$ that passed me on the highway. There were two lanes...why didn't he wait to swerve back onto the right lane?

The emergency vehicles comment got me thinking: a lot of people drive like they are in their own little world, they are completely discombobulated when they are faced with sirens coming at them from behind...it is almost comical to see how some drivers react to emergency vehicles, I'm surprised there aren't any accidents happening as cars move out of the way of these vehicles! (This sort of relates to the nose pickers too...own little world..eww.)

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Not using turn signals and tailgating drive me crazy!
    And of course drunk drivers, that infuriates me grrrrr

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ami1984 View Post
    Couldn't agree more about emergency vehicles. It amazes me how many people DON'T get out of thier way. Honestly it's a shame what if it's your loved one that needs help. Hope that person got a nice hefty fine!
    Darth Penguin and nessa23 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got tailgated today for over 25kms by the same car. I was going the speed limit of 90, so I decided after 5 kms, that for every 2 kms I was going to slow down a km per hour, so his tailgating just got him to his destination more slowly, as instead of driving the limit I was now 10 below the limit.

Drives me crazy, there is no reason to tailgate. It also didn't help that the guy almost rearended me when I had to brake because of the car in front of me was slowing down and turning. I was using cruise control so staying at a steady rate. There were also plenty of chances for the guy to pass me as traffic was not heavy. It just frustrates me.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    Tailgaters on the highway bug me - the ones who think the left lane is there so they can go 30 or 40 over the limit. Then there's the ones who think I'm slowing them down if I leave some space in front of me. So they tailgate me for awhile, pass me and then get into the space in front of me so that they can go the exact same speed they were going when they were behind me..
    The left lane is for passing, if you are going slower than there person behind you then MOVE OVER. I live in Toronto and drive in traffic every day, too often traffic is slow because people leave too much space in front of them and slow down unnecessarily. http://youtube.com/watch?v=7wm-pZp_mi0
    Aimz and Tbites like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

some from today....

I was driving the family in my mini-van, boring beige mommy-mini-van.

idiot 1 overtook me just so s/he could make the off-ramp seconds earlier than had they been behind me

boyracer in convertable overtook me at approx 130kph and once past slowed down to 90 or so causing me to overtake or smash into the back...then played the game for several more clicks until (sorry) I forced him off the autoroute by not moving over while he was trying to get back on...and every-one following closed up too...

idiot 2 was in the outside lane of 2 on left turn and decided to move into my(inner) lane without checking causing me to stmp down hard on the brakes

idiot 3 appeared to be a nissed as a pewt as it weaved all over the road, fast and slow, even when 3 police cars were trying to corral the car off the road...

kruise-kontrol-king driving at 80 kph regardless of speedlimits and road conditions
    wolfwoman likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mastersaver View Post
    The left lane is for passing, if you are going slower than there person behind you then MOVE OVER. I live in Toronto and drive in traffic every day, too often traffic is slow because people leave too much space in front of them and slow down unnecessarily.
    I tend to drive at the prevaling speed and still leave a gap I can break into cos some gimboid is ferking around behind me....it's not the size of the gap in many cases, it's how your fellow drivers are reacting or not as the case maybe.

When we moved here from the Uk, we both drove in London and Paris, Toronto and Montreal are easy-peasy in comparision...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information