User Tag List

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We just bought a new dinning room table,we didn't know it was marble untill we got it home. Whats the best way to keep it shiney? Is it o.k. to put hot and cold items directly on the table?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/345273-...health-canada/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Please use something to protect it from heat, we have a marble bathtub and sink and they cracked from running straight hot water on it over time. I think it makes a difference if it is natural marble or cultured. I know you can get a spray marlble cleaner but I think just wiping with a fibre cloth is best. Good Luck!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

We got marble counter tops in our kitchen about two years ago. I love them! According to the installer, do not use chemical cleaners on your marble. If you use chemical cleaners, it will wear away the 'sealant'.A micro-fibre cloth (Norwex is awesome) and good old-fashioned hot water work really well. I dry mine with with a shammy to bring up the shine.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

We got a marble table also, i use a few drops of Dawn(or other dish soap) in a spray bottle filled with water to clean it. No hot pots, marble can't take it like granite would. I also already have water stains so you have to be vigilante about keeping it clean.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Can you put a glass top on it? I only ask because it's a dining room table -- it's going to get used and I'd want to be able to use it like a regular table while still appreciating the pretty marble. I've cleaned marble counters with just dawn dishsoap, water and a norwex cloth, like the previous posters said.

I don't know if you can put glass on marble, I've seen it on granite, it was lifted off the stone with four little rubbery feet (less than a 1/4 inch thick) that stuck to the glass and then rested on the table.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We are thinking of putting glass on it,right now i'm useing a bunch of placemats. I already have a couple water stains! The little paper on the table said not the wipe with cemicals or anything water based. What kind of wax or polish should i use to keep it shiny?
    Artificial Colors & Flavours in almost all our food... You should be concerned.Everyone should watch this...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ive had marble counters for about 5 years, anything hot will leave marks and will never go away, use trivets for sure! You can buy a gentle shine cleaner made just for marble and such at home depot. I use it once every few months if I remember. I love marble, but it is more finicky then granite.

(once my youngest left a glass cup on the counter right on top of where our built in dishwasher was running and from the steam of the head it left a glass mark on the marble)
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, May 13th, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

is it normal for marble to have lots of tiny holes?

Thread Information