User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: quick question

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so i shop at sdm all the time and THOUGHT i had the bonus point events down pat.... so yesterday i went in to spend 50 to recieve 8000 bp--- spent 39 in cash and 11 in coupons but till wouldn't register my bp's until i spent another 11 in cash?

what am i missing here pro's?? the last bonus event was spend 75 get 18500 bp's and i only spent like 50 and the other 25 was in coupons but the till registered my bps right away

rrggg am i having a brain fart here?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Declans Mom View Post
    so i shop at sdm all the time and THOUGHT i had the bonus point events down pat.... so yesterday i went in to spend 50 to recieve 8000 bp--- spent 39 in cash and 11 in coupons but till wouldn't register my bp's until i spent another 11 in cash?

what am i missing here pro's?? the last bonus event was spend 75 get 18500 bp's and i only spent like 50 and the other 25 was in coupons but the till registered my bps right away

I'm no expert in this but I would check the receipt and see if the cashier punch in a 2001 or 2002 with your coupons. Also, how many regular points you got?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they were entered in as 2001 and i recieved 660 regular points
    my total before coupons came off was 66 dollars.... as i picked up a bunch of milk to up my total

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Where do you live? I think I remember hearing that some provinces don't get points for milk.

FreebieQueen
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Declans mom... shoppers sent out a post on facebook awhile ago letting everyone know that with the new computers they will be making sure its $50 (or $75 depending on promo) after coupons and discounts. Too many people were going for the promos, spending almost nothing instead the $50 and then returning the items without reciept trying to mess with the system. So they have made it spend $50 product total after coupons and discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Declans Mom View Post

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by my_baby_angel_face View Post
    Hey Declans mom... shoppers sent out a post on facebook awhile ago letting everyone know that with the new computers they will be making sure its $50 (or $75 depending on promo) after coupons and discounts. Too many people were going for the promos, spending almost nothing instead the $50 and then returning the items without reciept trying to mess with the system. So they have made it spend $50 product total after coupons and discounts.
    Hogwash...Did it yesterday...less than $50 got 16,500ish points. I've done it so many times since the new computers.
    SavenRaven likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I wonder why they keep trying to fool people into thinking it has to be $50/$75 after coupons? It's not like they're actually losing money or anything.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thank you angel face and insane.... the thing i've always loved about the spend x get y points was that it is computer run so that the cashiers arn't in control of the transaction (like handing over the gift card) so yesterday was really frustrating

the point system is so great that i don't like to freak out over little glitches in the system but would really have liked to of not spent that extra money lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminty View Post
    I wonder why they keep trying to fool people into thinking it has to be $50/$75 after coupons? It's not like they're actually losing money or anything.
    They want to make even more money from the customers.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    They want to make even more money from the customers.
    http://quote.morningstar.com/stock/s.aspx?t=XTSE%3aSC

Always. They need a rise in their stock prices and Optimum members are going to fund it.

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I did 3 transactions today and all 3 were over $50 before coupons and less then $50 AFTER coupons. The cashier insisted I wouldn't get Bonus Points so I told her I didn't care about the points (ya right!). I showed her the bonus points on my receipt after the transactions and she was genuinely surprised.

Not sure what happened with your transaction, OP. I'm sorry you didn't get your points. Maybe something in your transaction was excluded from the promo?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

so confused...
    Last edited by lizamarie; Wed, May 16th, 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizamarie View Post
    so confused...
    What are you confused about?

Does this help? http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/127130-...-faq-q-canada/

The thing to keep in mind is that certain provinces have restrictions...milk in atlantic, pharmacy (and over the counter meds) in Quebec, bottle deposits are excluded as well...as long as you keep in mind exclusions and the cashier enters the coupons right it works.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

saven raven, good point but nope didn't buy anything that is excluded... u know she rang in all my stuff and usually in my experience it shows on the screen the bp's etc but this time it didn't show them so i asked her if they were added and she said no because you are spending below 50- i said in the past i've always got the points when using coupons to lower my oop and she said no not this promo..... so being that I've never done this particular bp promo (usually they give the gift cards for the spend 50 promo's in BC) i thought that maybe it had different rules so i said ok and grabbed bunch of milk to put my total up over the 50 and of course got my bp's

what i should have done was just completed the transaction and i bet any money the bp's would have been there on my reciept

i was so excited that they are now giving the bp's instead of the gc's and then so disappointed thinking that darn it and now i realize two things--- the cashier probably didn't know you got the bp's when using coupons to lower your oop and secondly that maybe their screens don't show the bp's unless the cashier goes into a certain area to see that info (this was a new sdm that i don't usually shop at so maybe new cashier? not quite as experienced with the tills?)

i had a brain fart! should have just let her finish transaction

thx everyone

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the cashier said "not this promo" probably becuz she genuinely thought that but i should have known better!!!! ok now im ranting lol, ends up all good because the milk is almost gone and i can still be excited for the next spend 50 get 8000 bp's.... i've skipped soooo many spend 50 get 10 dollar gc's because the cashiers won't hand it over so i'll be so happy if they switch to this bp promo instead!!! thx again ppl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information