User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: S.O.F. North. Several Coupons in Drawer @ Customer Service.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

at Save-On-Foods, North Location, i did not see any coupons on the shelves, I asked the cashier about it, she said me they keep " ALLL " coupons at the customer service desk. So I went and asked if they had any coupons, while she opened the drawer and they had tons, i got 2 of most of them , fish , chocolate, chips, frozen entree, scrubbing bubbles, and so many more including a $3.00 centrium - which superstore has the matching coupon $2.00 so $5.00 off at superstore. If i had not of asked I would have left AGAIN with no coupons. So it appears that both save-ons are now hiding coupons. I don't care that they are kept at the customer service desk, but damn they should at least be visible. I could not see all the coupons she had in her desk drawer, i had the feeling she was not showing me everything as they were busy and a line up of people behind me.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks for the info , it is really difficult finding coupons these days. Worth the trip, if I can get some. i agree with you I am fine with just taking a couple as long as I know they are there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    at Save-On-Foods, North Location, i did not see any coupons on the shelves, I asked the cashier about it, she said me they keep " ALLL " coupons at the customer service desk. So I went and asked if they had any coupons, while she opened the drawer and they had tons, i got 2 of most of them , fish , chocolate, chips, frozen entree, scrubbing bubbles, and so many more including a $3.00 centrium - which superstore has the matching coupon $2.00 so $5.00 off at superstore. If i had not of asked I would have left AGAIN with no coupons. So it appears that both save-ons are now hiding coupons. I don't care that they are kept at the customer service desk, but damn they should at least be visible. I could not see all the coupons she had in her desk drawer, i had the feeling she was not showing me everything as they were busy and a line up of people behind me.
    I had posted about this.It was good you posted too just some people missed my post.A lady who showed me the coupons said they are hiding coupons in because some people were taking whole pads and selling them.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, May 15th, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Thanks guys. I forgot about this. I'll have to check next time I am in.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have stopped checking Customer Service at Save On East Hill. The last 4 times I have asked they have told me they don't get many coupons anymore and if they do they put them out by the products. I just think stores are getting tired of the amount of people couponing. I was at No Frills on the weekend in Sylvan and bought 2 black diamond cheese strings and she would only let me use one coupon even though I had 2 packages. Sometimes you get great cashiers and sometimes not so much!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, May 17th, 2012 at 02:05 AM.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

They are also doing this at co op
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (98%)

Since they are not the ones that put out the coupons but the brand companies I don't think they are allowed to hide them.
    http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/nephora
    Gift hulk please use this link. earn money and prizes
    http://superpoints.com/refer/angelkisses3000
    earn cash and prizes

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

What I dont understand is why are they so upset that people love to coupon? Stores make money when we use coupons, so I dont get it. Hiding coupons like this, what a shame. Yeah there are people out there who are greedy and grab it all, but lets face it, its not a crime. And I doubt there will ever be a law against it. And like Nephora said, companies put those out there so we can have them and use them and I dont think stores are allowed to hide them like that. What do they do with all these coupons? Throw them out? So, even if someone does take a whole tear pad, they would most likely have it posted for trading and such, and they are not wasted, oppose to hiding them and people never remembering to come and ask for some. Its stupid if you ask me!

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am finding the same thing with a couple of the stores in my area here in metro Vancouver. I don't think it's because they don't like people couponing but more because they are tired of tear pads disappearing in a few hours and not being there for all of their customers. However, their logic is flawed because how is anyone supposed to even know (a) that they have them at CS, and (b) what to even ask for if they don't see coupons displayed. I know that SCers know which coupons are out there but the average shopper has no clue what's available.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    What I dont understand is why are they so upset that people love to coupon? Stores make money when we use coupons, so I dont get it. Hiding coupons like this, what a shame. Yeah there are people out there who are greedy and grab it all, but lets face it, its not a crime. And I doubt there will ever be a law against it. And like Nephora said, companies put those out there so we can have them and use them and I dont think stores are allowed to hide them like that. What do they do with all these coupons? Throw them out? So, even if someone does take a whole tear pad, they would most likely have it posted for trading and such, and they are not wasted, oppose to hiding them and people never remembering to come and ask for some. Its stupid if you ask me!
    The stores that hide coupons could put up a display like Co-op Plaza Centre did and advertise what coupons are available and where to find their hiding place in the store.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Sep 16th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
    DianneS likes this.

Thread Information