• 1 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 1 Post By Snow Queen
  • 1 Post By JasmineMcdonald

Thread: Expired Coupons

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    I purchased the Schneiders Chicken Breast Fingerlings (on sale at Giant Tiger this week), and was excited to see "Save $6" printed on the box for Snack Pack, Lunch Mate, Cheez Whiz and Renolds, some of my favorite brands. So excited that I grabbed an extra 2 boxes (why not right - half price sale!). Opened a box for dinner, and the coupons expired March 30, 2012!!

I emailed Schneiders, (not sure if it will do any good), and told them what happened.

On a side note, the "contact us" on the schneiders canada website directs you to Maple Leaf. ?? Weird! I didn't know that they were related. ...
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sorry to hear that! Maple Leaf owns Schneiders, Olivieiri, Dempsters, Tenderflake. Lots of different names
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

^^^Maple Leaf is owned by one of the McCain brothers. The other one owns......McCain's
    torontogal12 and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Gosh too bad they were expired.... I didn't hear about these even when they weren't expired. Would have been good ones too.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Normally if you look closely at the box, it's says on there the date that the coupons expire. Glad you got such a great deal on them. We're they good? I always make my own chicken fingers as I have always found that any processed brand nev has much chicken it it, lol. I saw those boxes on sale at my Sobeys, not sure if it was this week or last week. The price is great though. Sorry about the misfortune.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Normally if you look closely at the box, it's says on there the date that the coupons expire. Glad you got such a great deal on them. We're they good? I always make my own chicken fingers as I have always found that any processed brand nev has much chicken it it, lol. I saw those boxes on sale at my Sobeys, not sure if it was this week or last week. The price is great though. Sorry about the misfortune.
    No, I looked close, and just looked again - no expiration anywhere on the outside of the box. Embarrassingly, they were not really that good - they were simply "all right".

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I finally snapped the other day and took the Dec 2011 expiry-dated coupons from the store's fridge and handed them over to a cashier.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Same thing happened with me with Janes. I called .... not for anything free .... just to suggest that the coupons should expire past the date the product is on the shelf. The lady thought i was insane.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

I have written to a few companies informing them of expired of coupons and they have always been grateful and thanked me. They said that those items should have been sold long ago and shouldn't be on the shelf anymore. I received an FPC from Snyders of Hanover as a thank you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I feel your pain Marigoldz I did the same thing and no they aren't that good !

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had that happen to me! I bought Cetaphil Face Wash because it had a coupon on it, and when I got home and looked closely it had expired three months prior!
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got the Bull's Eye Barbecue sauce coupon and it expired on a Wednesday ah too bad
    and an Oreo's ice cream coupon was expired way before when I saw ice cream on sale March 31, 2012

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I finally snapped the other day and took the Dec 2011 expiry-dated coupons from the store's fridge and handed them over to a cashier.
    I snapped a couple years ago in one of my fav stores. Every isle had full tearpads of expired coupons 5-6 tearpads on every isle. Of course at first I thought I had hit the motherload. But soon I discovered that they all had expired 4-13 months ago!
    I went down every single isle and removed them all (I know I know, not my job) so I walked over to a guy who worked there who was standing there daydreaming and placed about 60 expired tearpads in his arms.
    On the bright side there was 2 tearpads for kraft products that was expiring the very next day! So I didn't feel bad about taking a lot of them.. I used about 35 coupons on buy 3 save $5 on kraft! Normally I would never do that but they had 2 full tearpads expiring the very next day.. And all the kraft crackers were on clearance for $1.79 each!!!!
    Darth Penguin likes this.
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Sorry OP, forgot about talking about your post! What I've started doing is asking a worker at CS or a friendly cashier if they would mind checking the coupons inside to see if they are expired (if the outside packaging doesn't say) and usually they will pull out an exacto knife and check for me.. Its saved me a lot. And the product is neatly cut so that the staff just tape a little spot and it goes back on the shelf.
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Thread Information