User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: My kid is a little porker!!!!! (I say that in the nicest possible way!)

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

So back in March when we have our bi-yearly consignment sale, i went through all his summer clothes with him to see what still fit and most of them did. I thought awesome were set for summer! Well with our weather averaging +25 lately weve been wearing summer clothes. Well guess what... not even 3 month later and he can barelly pull up any of his shorts cause they are too tight and his tops and too tight and show his belly!!!!! he has maybe 4 pairs out of at least 15 that still fit!! Hes a very picky little boy. He will only wear certain types of shorts too! Sweats material, khaki cotton types or roll up pants! Cant just go WM and pick up some cheap basis cotton shorts!

So guess who gets to go shopping with mommy for a new summer wardrobe! Not to happy right now!! Kids grow up to darn fast!!!!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Have you tried posting on freecycle (Yahoo group) the kinds of pants and shirts your little guy will wear? There could be someone where you live in the same situation but with a kid who is 1 year older than yours! Or vice versa 1 year younger!
    I've always gotten a lot of kids stuff from on there.. All the baby stuff, (gear inc bikes, ride on toys, clothes, abandoned sidewalk chalk and a lot more!
    Usually people will be really quick to give you something if they see you giving away stuff on there yourself..

Just an idea, kids cost a fortune! Especially the first! 1 million $$$$$$!!!
    Hope this helps!!
    Natalka likes this.
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Go to Value Village on a sale day
    DaveP likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

also see if there's a Mom-2-Mom sale in your area in the near future... usually a lot of light used childrens clothes by parents in the same situation as you My cousin always gets nice stuff at a great price when she goes (I dont' have kids myself)

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

LOL, I hear you! My kids both shoot up a few inches this year and NOTHING from last year fits them. Talk about a growth spurt. I lost a bunch of weight so I need new clothes too. Three entire wardrobes plus new things for my picky husband is going to break the bank this season!
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, I remember going through this with our son - it seemed amazing what a few months could do!

We always found great deals on summer clothes at Sears - totally comparable in price when they have a good sale, to the other discount stores.
    Also, as someone mentioned, Value Village - we lucked out LOTS of times with even new clothes, very obviously by tags they weren't worn or washed.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Thanks guys! Tried VV already but with him being so picky we rarely find my there. Being watching Kijiji and usedregina almost daily, and sorry but ive never heard of this Mom-2-mom thing.

I did just come from old Navy and they have some deals in store right now so i was able to get a few things.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I don't know how old he is, but Gymboree has some of their knit shorts on for $7.99 minus 25% right now. I believe they go up to size 12.

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

I just recently discovered on facebook that cities have like 24 hour yard sales and auctions for the specific city, I am in a farly small city maybe that will help I always see things for sale here in Kingston very cheap
    xlissa likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I discovered today I`m eye to eye with my 14 yo DD....
    DaveP likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    Thanks guys! Tried VV already but with him being so picky we rarely find my there. Being watching Kijiji and usedregina almost daily, and sorry but ive never heard of this Mom-2-mom thing.

I did just come from old Navy and they have some deals in store right now so i was able to get a few things.
    O.k.
    Don't take offense.
    I am going to post like my mother would have spoken to me at his age.

You are not wearing what?!
    How much is your paycheck this week?!

*flash back over*

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My son grew like a weed too. Love Sears for the cost friendly licensed t-shirts. I also find Bonnie Togs to have good deals as they are always changing over their inventory, if your son isn't too big for that store. My son will not wear jeans but he likes sweats. I find the jeans more expensive anyway.
    Melissa Boucher

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    O.k.
    Don't take offense.
    I am going to post like my mother would have spoken to me at his age.

You are not wearing what?!
    How much is your paycheck this week?!

*flash back over*

Hahaha.....reminds me of my mom too! I was allowed variation in the types of clothes I wanted but not with price. I wore what she could afford. Period. If cheap WM shorts were all that was in the budget that's what I got.....and I had the choice....wear the shorts.....or wear jeans, lol.

Oddly enough I now only wear shorts to the beach.....never anyplace else. I've had the same 3 pairs for the last bajillion years because they only get worn 3 or 4 times a year, lol.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Goodwill is where I go and I buy sizes up too My boys wear only brand name clothes(the area where we live is like this.)..so to fit in ..I do this for them
    I know it sounds crazy but being a kid is hard enough with out being looked at weird about wearing the wrong clothes
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Goodwill is where I go and I buy sizes up too My boys wear only brand name clothes(the area where we live is like this.)..so to fit in ..I do this for them
    I know it sounds crazy but being a kid is hard enough with out being looked at weird about wearing the wrong clothes
    I'd never judge parents who are fortunate enough to be able to do that for their children ......nor would I judge those aren't. Sometimes it was a harder when I was kid....not having any of the brand names....but now that I'm an adult paying for clothing myself I look at $100+ pairs of jeans and think " Are you frig*ing kidding me? $100+ for a certain name to be stuck to my jeans! VV or Walmart here I come!" LOL And I have no problems buying something from Walmart if I like it......or VV (which is a place I would have been horrified to shop in as kid). My jaw still drops when I occasionally go shopping with some of my financially blessed friends who can easily spend WAY more on one piece of clothing than I've spent on my entire outfit! LOL
    Abby5 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information