User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: The Truth About Coupon Stealing

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I jsut saw some-one taking the Stanley Cup collector cards out a box of Molson Ex....
    what u mean?? u actually saw someone taking it??? I am sorry but i am just trying to comprehend this....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    what u mean?? u actually saw someone taking it??? I am sorry but i am just trying to comprehend this....
    The only thing that I can think of is some Beer Stores have all the product out instead of ordering at the counter and it sliding out on the rails. Our old store used to be counter serve, now it is self serve.

That said, 1) I never knew you could buy coupons on Ebay but I don't have a problem with it per se. It is by no means the fault of Ebay.I don't think you sell stolen stuff on there, but it is hard to suggest coupons as being "stolen" really. Tough call on that. I have sold on Ebay (once for a friend) but will not pay the fees. I sell on Kijiji where it is free.

Reading about people opening packages just for the coupon made me think of all of the cereals out right now with the codes in them for free stuff. Why not tear the box open and get the code and redeem it at home? Same with the Stouffer pins etc.... I mean that would be totally obvious, but I guess it could still be done!

When we got our movie pass PIN's, I wrote the instructions onto Microsoft Word, cut the PIN out then threw out the box. That way it is not laying around for someone...

Hmmmm I am thinking recycle bin crawls would make great exercise with all the free stuff on cereal boxes now... just get the PIN and try it. If it works, fine... if not, pitch it!!

Now I have to go to Ebay to check this out... how much would one pay for a coupon???????
    sharkie likes this.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

lol

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I made a complaint to Unileaver about the Nexxus coupons and how people are taking whole tear pads and selling them on Ebay and encouraging the overage by buying shampoo at Walmart. Even gave them links about auctions - this was about 3 weeks ago. Then today a letter came in the mail thanking me for my time and telling me that they are aware about Ebay and overage. And that the next round of coupons will omit trial sizes. It was a nice letter and explained to hard to shut down every eBay auction but they do shut them down. But I thought it was funny they sent me 5 Nexxus $3.00 coupons which I don't use. I am glad they are aware of it. If I think of it I will scan the letter in the computer.
    Insane and MamaF like this.

Trading Score
    1 (67%)

What is a troll poster???
    Jessi...

Trading Score
    1 (67%)

I hope you ratted on them!
    Jessi...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    I made a complaint to Unileaver about the Nexxus coupons and how people are taking whole tear pads and selling them on Ebay and encouraging the overage by buying shampoo at Walmart. Even gave them links about auctions - this was about 3 weeks ago. Then today a letter came in the mail thanking me for my time and telling me that they are aware about Ebay and overage. And that the next round of coupons will omit trial sizes. It was a nice letter and explained to hard to shut down every eBay auction but they do shut them down. But I thought it was funny they sent me 5 Nexxus $3.00 coupons which I don't use. I am glad they are aware of it. If I think of it I will scan the letter in the computer.
    I emailed Nexxus too.I got a thank you for your honesty email.Then they said they are going to send me coupons.Haven't got the coupons yet.I just wanted Nexxus to tell Ebay to shut down Nexxus coupon sales and auctions.I didn't want Nexxus coupons.I got two coupons from a store and that was good enough amount for me.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, May 19th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I emailed Nexxus too.I got a thank you for your honesty email.Then they said they are going to send me coupons.Haven't got the coupons yet.I just wanted Nexxus to tell Ebay to shut down Nexxus coupon sales and auctions.I didn't want Nexxus coupons.I got two from a store and that was good enough amount for me.
    Nice you will get more coupons plus they sent me a pamphlet for another product of theirs. I think if more people email them they might do something.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Nice you will get more coupons plus they sent me a pamphlet for another product of theirs. I think if more people email them they might do something.
    Hope so more people contact Nexxus and they tell Ebay to quit selling their coupons.Then hopefully lead to Ebay to ban coupon sales on their site.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Last week i was in Walmart to see if they had any Ziploc with coupons .There was a bunch thrown open and i guess they didn't get anything as the coupons are printed on the boxes.they still destroyed the boxes looking for the coupons.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post

Yup. In the gorcery store. Opened a 24 and pulled out the packet. I asked him to pass me one of the ones he hadn't opened which he shamefacedly did before scuttling away. I told the store manager when I saw him but the opened boxes were still there today. Either that or he'd returned after I left.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theweaves_dad View Post
    The only thing that I can think of is some Beer Stores have all the product out instead of ordering at the counter and it sliding out on the rails. Our old store used to be counter serve, now it is self serve.
    I'm in Qc so nearly all shops sell beer and wine self serve.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

There is a brand of diapers ( can't remember what kind ) that is coming out with over $30.00 in coupons in the packaging. I imagine we'll be seeing diapers scattered everywhere in the store soon.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

same with the coupon for the new Tampons I saw $5.00 coupons inside and already 3 boxes opened.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Wow as if taking a whole tear pad isn't bad enough now people are ripping open boxes to steal coupons. IMO, that is literally stealing because coupons inside of products are clearly meant ONLY for the person who buys it, not the person who decides to rip it open. (you can of course, make the argument that taking tear pads isn't really stealing, because they are free for the taking for anyone who likes them.)

Don't get me wrong, I resent folks who clear a pad. When I started seriously couponing over a year ago, I never had a problem finding tear pads. I got all the 'good' ones and took 3-5 per pad and had plenty for myself and even sometimes for trades. I've had miserable luck since the beginning of the year, I think I've found maybe 5 pads in total. Sigh, the re-selling is horrible, I wish they would ban it.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information