User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: The Truth About Coupon Stealing

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Expired
    The other day I read a post about a woman who was caught at SDM stealing coupons out of product packages...I was happy to hear she was arrested but the sad truth is that not much will probably happen to her as far as consequences...She will probably not even end up with a criminal record...This has been happening everywhere and the criminal justice system does not take it seriously.....Also my cousin's boyfriend who works for Smart Source told me that people taking entire pads of coupons is not illegal, since they are there to be taken by anyone who wants them....Which I think it is great that they put them out but it is too bad there are very selfish people out there. I have recently saw that many people are on E-Bay selling coupons and I find that disgusting....Those coupons were meant to help people save money and not meant for people to make money by selling them...I even sent E-Bay an email complaining about this practice..I received no response.....I beleive that if we are all truly against this practice we should not be buying coupons from E-Bay....By doing this we would be enabling and supporting this....There have been many times on here that people have said they bought coupons from E-Bay and I am shocked by this...Stop buying the coupons and maybe there will be coupons left on the tearpads the next time we go to the grocery store....It is very doubtful that if they cannot sell the coupons that they will continue to make a career out of taking all the tear pads..so for all you who complain about there being no tear pads, "STOP BUYING THE DAMN THINGS ON E-BAY"
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Smart Source
    matrix82, miztia, Natalka and 7 others like this.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Ebay needs to ban the selling of coupons on their website. I think it is sick how people can resort to taking 100 coupons only to put them on Ebay trying to profit off of them.

I used to love to collect coupons, but now after seeing what people post on this website and ebay i am turned off by it.

The best was when someone posted in the brag section about using 58 printable coupons to get free cranberry juice. That's nothing to brag about- that's pathetic!!

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

you are so right ilovecoupons23....it is very disgusting....also many of the people taking them also own stores...pathetic

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post
    The best was when someone posted in the brag section about using 58 printable coupons to get free cranberry juice. That's nothing to brag about- that's pathetic!!
    Do people realize that there is an expiry date on those 58 bottles?
    Last edited by bekki3; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Want Free Gift Cards? Join me at SWAGBUCKS!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bekki3

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Until people stop buying them people will keep doing this. To me this is sad and disgusting, and people who sell themshould be ashamed of themselves. Just my 2 cents

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    15 (94%)

Not that I had the intention of buying any of the cranberry juice (didn't go shopping the week it was that cheap!), but to play devil's advocate, my fiance and I could probably get through a bottle of the cranberry juice in two days (they were the small bottles, something like 1L, instead of almost 2L)... which would allow us to finish that many bottles of cranberry juice well within it's expiration date. So any one who has kids, I'm sure 58 bottles of juice would not last beyond the expiration date.

I don't think it's really necessary to buy 58 of them, there I agree with you, I'm just saying that they won't necessarily expire depending on the family's use of them.

However, back to the topic of coupons on Ebay, I think it's frustrating as well. There are far less coupons available in my area lately, and it's extremely frustrating to see so many coupons being sold on ebay.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons23 View Post
    Ebay needs to ban the selling of coupons on their website. I think it is sick how people can resort to taking 100 coupons only to put them on Ebay trying to profit off of them.

I used to love to collect coupons, but now after seeing what people post on this website and ebay i am turned off by it.

I agree with you...i'm getting turned off as well and i'm getting so angry with people in my area stealing tear pads..i know it's happening, and i'm sick of it. I don't agree with people selling them on ebay..but for some people i think they feel like they don't have another choice if they want specific coupons. Trading doesn't always work
    Panthera likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

It is illegal for people to "sell" coupons, but since they state that they are only charging for shipping, I guess it kind of slides under the radar. E-Bay should ban the selling of them, I am totally dissapointed in EBay for allowing this to happen. I think EBay should also get charged for this since they are allowing this to happen on their site
    If people continue to purchase coupons on sites like Ebay, than the rest of us do suffer!
    I also don't agree with some people on here asking for an outstanding amount of stamps for coupons. Really, I can see asking for the ones to cover the postage and one or two extra, but to ask for 10,and so on is a bit to far fetched. In around of about way I see that as selling too.

Just my personal opinions

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tammytee View Post
    It is illegal for people to "sell" coupons, but since they state that they are only charging for shipping, I guess it kind of slides under the radar. E-Bay should ban the selling of them, I am totally dissapointed in EBay for allowing this to happen. I think EBay should also get charged for this since they are allowing this to happen on their site
    If people continue to purchase coupons on sites like Ebay, than the rest of us do suffer!
    I also don't agree with some people on here asking for an outstanding amount of stamps for coupons. Really, I can see asking for the ones to cover the postage and one or two extra, but to ask for 10,and so on is a bit to far fetched. In around of about way I see that as selling too.

Just my personal opinions
    Unfortunately that is why sometimes trading doesn't work out...people want stamps or GC's for the high demand coupons and that just doesn't make it worth it either and yes it's just like selling them too.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Did a post about this on my blog. If anyone wants to read it. http://saveadollardivacanada.blogspot.ca/
    Murren likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I think as couponers we should share with others....many times I have sent coupons and inserts to people and not even asked for stamps....I also think we should all ban together and make a petition asking E-Bay to ban this practice....I think if enough of us did it that maybe they just might listen.....

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

oh and thanks for sharing the link to your blog.....very well written and well said

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^As a couponer I like to share the love! Like I would never take a whole tear pad or sell coupons to people.If I don't need it and people do take it. If I don't need a coupon I leave it nere the product at the store. Like I don't get people like this?

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

the only thing that describes people like this is selfish and greedy.....when i think of how many families who could have used those coupons and who will not get them because of this, I get so mad......

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

this is the Ebay auction that pisses me off and I already talked to people at SDM and WM. I heard through the grapevine from WM head office things are going to change and the price of Nexxus is going up to $3.00. I already made a complaint with ebay and contacted the company about this auction that states "This auction is for 15 coupons, each valued at $3 ~ $45 worth, plus if you spend them right, you will MAKE $15 ~ that's a total value of $60! They are valid on ANY Nexxus Salon Hair Care product. There is no size restriction, so if used on the small travel size bottles, you will make $1 on each coupon"

I am pretty sure this is illegal putting this on Ebay and people should not be buy coupons off of Ebay for this purpose.

PS sorry for any errors and boos haven't had first coffee yet

Last edited by anastasia1009; Tue, May 1st, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information