User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: who is taking all the tear pads??????

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Well, for point #2 that you made, on s single trip for someone taking whole pads of coupons, they can get 50 - 100 of each coupon in 1 trip. If there are 5 diferent ones ( lets say 50 of each ) thats 250 coupons in less than an hour. Usually they sell in lots of 10 or 20. So lets say using lots of 15 to stay in the middle. Even if they are selling the lots for $1 - $2 ( most say plus $1 for shipping which more than covers shipping and the ebay fees ) the person still ends up with nearly $20 profit for just that 1 trip. So lets say the trip to the store to swipe the tear pads takes a half hour, then the listing takes another half, they are still making $20 profit. Just by stealing tear pads. Thats not even taking into account that some of the coupons sell for much higher ( think Nexxus, Astro Original, Catelli, Lactania cream ) If they do that every day ( some sellers had hundreds of listings ) they are making $240 tax free money a week ( again that doesn't take into account the higher netting "good" coupons I mentioned ) . So I guess selling their souls are worth it to them.

Nice breakdown, but you are forgetting the gas, the wear and tear on the vehicle, the stopping and starting the car and driving through the city can easily eat up $50 to $75 of the profit. Sooo, if you like working for about......pennies an hour, then your insane. These people are just plain ignorant and I feel sorry for them. They should no better and the sooner that ebay gets their crap together and stops allowing these ads, the better off we will all be.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I use french coupons - But only if I have an english copy to show as an example
    Insane likes this.
    ~ New Coupon Binders & Totes coming soon!! Contact me or visit my Etsy shop www.reuseitartsandcrafts.etsy.com ~

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lets stop the arguing.
    aussie, Insane and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Nice breakdown, but you are forgetting the gas, the wear and tear on the vehicle, the stopping and starting the car and driving through the city can easily eat up $50 to $75 of the profit. Sooo, if you like working for about......pennies an hour, then your insane. These people are just plain ignorant and I feel sorry for them. They should no better and the sooner that ebay gets their crap together and stops allowing these ads, the better off we will all be.

Im with you on that, don't get me wrong, I didn't say their was huge profit in it, but that is how I would imagine those people justify it. Also, if someone were to take a bus, it would cost practically nothing other than time to get a day's worth of tear pads.
    gameprogirl likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dariusz8 View Post
    I think it be silly to to go that far... I think there is a difference taking a product with monetary value vs. a coupon with no immediate value. The manufacture can choose of different methods to provide consumers coupons but choose to do it this way. "Taking of entire tear pads" is our own doing( not going to use the word stealing as it is there to be taken w/o actually paying for and everyones need to the number of coupons there family needs are different) . We support this action by our tradings and or purchasing through the various ways possible. Stopping ebay of kijiji will not remedy the situation as there still will always be trading groups here and other forums. Its a dead cause hoping that when ebay or kijiji will stop allowing people to sell coupons and that the tear pads will magically appear... Coupons have become a "Gold" to many of us!

They would never charge anyone with coupon stealing, I'm just angry that people stoop so low. I'm a generous person, I could never take a whole tear pad of coupons because I think about others and a lot of people who depend on coupons are not very well off.

Taking a tear pad to re-sell it on ebay for profit is pathetic. The coupon business is a big deal. If I'm really collecting coupons, sometimes I save $100 on groceries but all my coupons are collected in a fair manner. I don't cheat others out of saving money.

I totally agree with your post, I'm just saddened by the whole thing.
    Last edited by gameprogirl; Tue, May 22nd, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
    anisa, KK7 and JennyFromTheRock like this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

maybe the ppl that hog all the coupons just to sell them have no other options.

all the work of going from store to store must make them mere pennies on the hour for all their time and effort.

perhaps they just don't have any other skills or capabilities, and this is their only chance to make any money at all. it must be hard to find an actual paying job when you have no real grip on how to live a productive life.

really it makes me sad just to think about it.

so sad.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post
    I don’t understand how coupons is even a category on e-bay! Thought this was illegal!????!?
    Yes its illegal , but they often don't sell coupons directly ..they say that they are selling their time and energy and efforts for collecting the cpns..lol

So its like you are not buying cpns but you are buying our time or service or something like that.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

that is true that they say that and they get away with it...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

maybe somebody for the work at any store and when they see knew coupons or full tear pads they go crazy and taken them all because dh know somebody that work at the store and somebody that work like 5min. from the store and they go on they break time and see there's coupons and take all of them and notice when we go down to the basement to go in the car you see all the tear pads in the garbage and it's not fear people are looking for the tear pads and they end up in the garbage

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I cant remember which thread it was, it may have even been this one.
    But one member had mentioned that when they told a rep from the company that people were ''stealing'' tear pads, they said they arent breaking any rules really, because the pads are put out for anyone and everyone to take.
    Just because someone takes way more than they shouldnt doesnt mean their ''stealing'' just that theyre being greedy.

that being said, i agree its not fair and it sure feels like their stealing, but according to the company reps , its a first come first serve policy.
    Its more a matter of etiquette than against the law. Its just down right rude. Its also not against the law to "flip the bird" to lets say, an innocent senior.... but if someone did..... that doesn't make them any less of a douce bag for doing it
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

eBay has been pretty good to me!
    I just paid $2.29 for 12 coupons I was REALLY looking for. I didn't drive around, I didn't "steal" (they are actually free), I didn't trade my first born, and I still have my stamps, fpcs and HVs. Why is it any different than trading or joining trains!? The person selling the coupons to me has access to coupons I can't find, she is asking for pennies, deal! She hunts the tearpads so I don't have to, I think it's fantastic.
    I am committing a crime though: The coupons are void when transferred (small prints). JUST LIKE WHEN YOU TRADE!
    There are all kinds of couponers, different people, different needs, different resources, background, etc. Many claim to give their extras to charity even. Where is the tolerance and compassion? If the tear pad is empty, it sucks! Yes! What can we do? Nothing! Oh wait, get up earlier, check more often, trade, buy on eBay, go on recycle walk and trade up my finds........and understand that the person(s) who took the coupons before I could get any, needs the savings as much, if not more, than me. boohoo! No, couponing is not what it used to be, but it's still a good way to provide for my family.

Disclaimer: my limit is 5 individual coupons when I do find a tearpad which is now impossible in this city.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

actually ArmyWifeEdmonton you did bring up a good point....technically coupon trading or exchanging of coupons is not allowed....so in a way we are all breaking the law when we trade....I do not do trades...I only Roak people but I guess that is still wrong to...lol

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

i think taking a few coupons of a tearpad to trade as a bargaining chip for something you need is a lil different then one person ripping of a tearpad of 75... Hey if that person didn't clear the whole tearpad chances are i wouldn't have to be trading in the first place

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifeEdmonton View Post
    eBay has been pretty good to me!
    I just paid $2.29 for 12 coupons I was REALLY looking for. I didn't drive around, I didn't "steal" (they are actually free), I didn't trade my first born, and I still have my stamps, fpcs and HVs. Why is it any different than trading or joining trains!? The person selling the coupons to me has access to coupons I can't find, she is asking for pennies, deal! She hunts the tearpads so I don't have to, I think it's fantastic.
    I am committing a crime though: The coupons are void when transferred (small prints). JUST LIKE WHEN YOU TRADE!
    There are all kinds of couponers, different people, different needs, different resources, background, etc. Many claim to give their extras to charity even. Where is the tolerance and compassion? If the tear pad is empty, it sucks! Yes! What can we do? Nothing! Oh wait, get up earlier, check more often, trade, buy on eBay, go on recycle walk and trade up my finds........and understand that the person(s) who took the coupons before I could get any, needs the savings as much, if not more, than me. boohoo! No, couponing is not what it used to be, but it's still a good way to provide for my family.

Disclaimer: my limit is 5 individual coupons when I do find a tearpad which is now impossible in this city.

The point is, if people weren't taking them to sell, we wouldn't need to BUY them at all. The fact of the matter is, one person takes 100, and sells them to us, but if people didnt do that, we'd all be able to get them for free.... in a grocery store.... not an eBay store!!
    aussie, mydusty, renegado and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I wouldn't mind having the coupons on a big board ( such as is done at RCSS) but in a store staff supervised area such as the Smoke Shop or Customer Service.

People could ask for coupons, but in reasonable amounts ( ie 5 of each coupon)
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information