User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Computer woes, computer wizards.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

A thread for folk to ask for computer help from more knowledgeable people.

First off, if you don't have anti-virus protection, smack yourself on the back of the head.

Avast is excellent. I use it and it's free

AVG is good too. Free. Seems to use a bit more of the computers processing power than Avast does, but if you have a surplus that's not an issue.

Malwarebytes. Also free. Zaps malware and spyware.

So use this thread to ask computer related questions, and those that know the answers will likely answer.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, May 24th, 2012 at 01:12 AM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good idea Dave I like to use this ,my neighbor uses it also ,but on his wifes old laptop it just made things slower.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html
    It's time to completely fix your slow PC!
    Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. With over 100 MILLION downloads since 2006, this fantastic, award-winning, free PC repair software is a "must-have" tool for your computer. 100% safe with no adware, spyware, or viruses; a PC maintenance program that's incredibly easy to use.
    Why waste money on expensive "registry cleaners" to fix your PC when Advanced SystemCare Free will repair, tune, and maintain it for you – for free!
    hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluerose View Post
    Good idea Dave I like to use this ,my neighbor uses it also ,but on his wifes old laptop it just made things slower.

http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html
    It's time to completely fix your slow PC!
    Advanced SystemCare Free (formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal) has a one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. With over 100 MILLION downloads since 2006, this fantastic, award-winning, free PC repair software is a "must-have" tool for your computer. 100% safe with no adware, spyware, or viruses; a PC maintenance program that's incredibly easy to use.
    Why waste money on expensive "registry cleaners" to fix your PC when Advanced SystemCare Free will repair, tune, and maintain it for you – for free!
    CCleaner is also great. Free also. But be careful. If you don't want cookies deleted, unckeck that.

There's also ATF Cleaner Also good, but I like CCleaner better.
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, May 24th, 2012 at 07:12 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

So, if I get this right, I can download free protection that will cover everything I need? My coverage runs out in 5 days.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

yes, you download avast once but every year you have to re-register it (don't worry, it's free), it updates automatically while you're online (scared the crap outta me the first time lol), they also send you notices when you have to download an upgrade
    malwarebytes you update every couple/few days before you run a check on your system, they're both easy peasy programs

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thank you all for this thread. I'm a real computer dummy and have been having some issues with my laptop. It keeps dropping the internet connection. But I have used my Viao system to check everything and it say's everything is good. It only happens on this computer, not on my ipad or my husbands netbook. I am wondering if it has something to do with swagbucks as my search engine? It can get very frustrating when it happens 10 or 12 times a day!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

LOLOL!! Patty, this is ALWAYS how I "say" his name when I type it!!! Good find!
    anisa, hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have used avast for about 5 yrs. never had a problem!
    hollyquaiscer, GoJays and DaveP like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Hello Dave, i need some help.

how do i get crumbs out of my keyboard? :D
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Name:  itdept.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  30.8 KB
    hollyquaiscer, DaveP and xox2010 like this.
    R

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post

Use a mouse :p

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post

Gravity works.
    Slaney likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Thank you all for this thread. I'm a real computer dummy and have been having some issues with my laptop. It keeps dropping the internet connection. But I have used my Viao system to check everything and it say's everything is good. It only happens on this computer, not on my ipad or my husbands netbook. I am wondering if it has something to do with swagbucks as my search engine? It can get very frustrating when it happens 10 or 12 times a day!
    Im having the same problem..so frustrating. I dont use the swagbucks toolbar, but thought maybe it was because I updated ie
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miztia View Post
    Im having the same problem..so frustrating. I dont use the swagbucks toolbar, but thought maybe it was because I updated ie
    I don't have a laptop, so unfortunately can't help with that one. Anybody else?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information