User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: Post why you are proud to be a Smart Canucker

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I thought it would be great to start a thread on why you are proud to be a SC'R. I am sure many of you have some wonderful brags to share about the people on this site and the random acts of kindness from members should be shared with all of us..So please feel free to share you great and wonderful experiences from here....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Koolaid, ssbean, Judyhill and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I think I will start off by saying since I joined this site I have learned so much from others who were kind enough to share their knowledge with me...I am always amazed that people are so quick to share where the deals are and how members truly want others to share in the deals they find. I also have found that when there is something you are not sure of you can send messages to any member asking a question and they are quick to respond...I first joined to learn more about couponing, but now I stay because of the wonderful, kindhearted and generous people from here...So to all of you who make Smart Canucks what it is "thank you" from the bottom of my heart..
    Last edited by sharkie; Tue, Jun 5th, 2012 at 06:59 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh sharkie you are too kind-yes most everybody on here is awesome -today i am mailing 2 rebate forms -and the trader said trust me i will mail you something in return -please mail today-so i am walking over to the mailbox before work at 8.00 am-see its nice to help others out i have been roaked a few times(also by you)-i have donated last year to a battered womens shelter spend 40 out of my own money -not sure if i can this year -my finances are changing -i need to stock up-we need a lot more kind and wonderfull people on smart canucks to make it a truly great place-no more bashing others-if you dont have something nice to say -dont say anything at all-let us all try to get the great deals and be nice to others-i left 6 zantac at walmart last week only took 3 -why so others could get the overage too-its nice to be kind in life -i have even met a few scer in real life -they are wonderfull people

thats why i am so proud to be an scer-i also have cpned for 20 some odd years -i see the changes in the stores not to great-tear pads missing-people clearing whole shelves-cashiers taking 5 minutes too read each cpn-etc -but on here their are wonderfull people -enough said-have a great day
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jun 5th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
    Koolaid, walkonby, ssbean and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

SC has not also taught me how to save money but also taught me that there are other ways of helping. It's made me a better person and allowed me to do more for others. Whether giving a complete stranger a coupon or using them to help raise money for autism research the wonderful people on here have become my second family. You are all wonderful!!!
    walkonby, ssbean, Judyhill and 4 others like this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks so much coupon girl and Koolaid for sharing with us.....I know that it is people like you who keep me coming back....and yes this site has also made me a better person....both of you have a great day and may the sun be shining down on you

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

smart canucks is the first coupon site i joined, and was overwhelmed with all the info and great people to trade with!! not only has this site allowed me to get a nice stockpile for my family of six but it has given me an opportunity to give to my family. I have 2 nieces and a nephew out on their own and no one but me to help them when they need something, being able to make them care packs with real food is such a great feeling.
    couponing came to me at a very hard time in our lives not only financially but mentally. with two deaths in 5 months of close family members, we lost track of expenses and work. we fell really behind and were at a loss how to get on track. with couponing we have saved a ton and created a stockpile of food to last awhile. i also got to meet some really great people who not only shared coupons but their knowledge of the coupon game, so for those that have helped me or traded with me i say a BIG thank you. you really made a difference in this girls life

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I was always a frugal shopper (not cheap) watched for the sales, pmed at WM but this site which I stumbled upon while looking for coupon tips has changed my families lives. My younger son is so proud that he can donate tons of stuff to the schools food drive, he know my coupons as good as I do, so proud. My oldest son loves the deals and freebies we get and is amazed as he is not so good with $. My hubby is so proud and onboard which means the world to me to have my families support. I have so much in my storage room (not stockpile as it's not free) that we are going to be donating at Christmas time for Christmas Baskets for families struggling (I don't like the word needy or poor). I have learned so much from so many people on this site that it gives me a reason to share the wealth and knowledge to others. I started a coupon exchange in my area which shares the knowledge, coupons, etc with others. The way I shop is extremely different to the way I used too, I find myself more conscious of not wasting food, making sandwiches, soups, etc..So many people open their hearts and share their amazing journeys and struggles it's nice to know we are not alone. This site is a community site, I have not chatted with so many people in the last year as I have in the past few months since I joined....AMAZING and LIFE CHANGING! Thanks sharkie for posting this thread, great idea! Nancy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I Love smartcanucks! It has changed my life in so many ways! I feel like so many of you guys are my friends! In the past 2 years, I have found out who I am in and am finally living the way I am suspost to. I swear if it wasn't for this site, I would probably have gone insane! (lol!) Also, I have almost lost 50 pounds in the past year and it is partly bc of this site too!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

When I first joined SC I was the fortunate recipient of an ROAK envelope from a fellow member. That really showed me the generosity of the members here and I have since send out a few ROAK envelopes myself. I love that people here are willing to help each other out. We've all gone through (or know what it's like) tough times in our lives and it's nice to have a community of supportive people out there who are willing to share tips and tricks to saving cash. That's why Brags is my favourite section here!

I only started couponing in February and I think I've already saved $100s or more. Thanks SC!
    Want to earn free Aeroplan or HBC points for completing short surveys? Click here to join Asking Canadians!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I love this idea for a thread! I am proud to be a SC memeber because I am so proud of everyone who is on here. Well most of you LOL Just Joking! Not just because members tell us were the great deals, coupons, freebies are, but also the great advice that everyone gives. Everyone here is willing to give a helping hand to anyone who asks for it. Whether it is sending people coupons, trading or giving some advice when someone is having a bad day. That is why I am proud. And as a memeber I try to help out anyone I can the way everyone else has with me. Because of couponing I am able to save so much more money that will go towards something more important that me and DH want in our life.

I would like to thank all the memebers out there for always lending a helping hand and for always being supportive! You all rock!
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Tue, Jun 5th, 2012 at 09:12 AM.

Trading Score
    89 (100%)

I learned about couponing on SC... i still remember my first trade feeling... i've learned about 'Ancient Barter system' in school years ago and had just found that concept in theory so far.... but to be able to exchange your unwanted stuff in real was a amazing feeling.... Have seen many generous ppls here who love to help others by difference meanse ROKA, generous coupouning, sharing deals, their experiences and much more... I am glad that i am connected to such nice peoples through SC. thanks so much to all great people out their

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Wow that is so amazing to hear these stories.....To know that others feel the same way I do and who are as grateful as I am for this site...thank you everyone for taking the time out to share your stories...god bless

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SAVINGS, I am keeping count this year of all of the coupons & FPC Savings that I am getting use out of. In my house we are 3 Adults, so No Kiddies, & I am Averaging $125.00 per month Savings. This dpes not include the Coupons that I know my Daughter in law uses that I give to her as they Have the Kiddies LOL I am one Happy Camper !
    Koolaid, ssbean, Judyhill and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

This is my 1st forum that I belong to, I still didn't figure out all the forum stuff, like when I get a reputation I'm thinking oh I hope it's a good one, don't wanna have a bad reputation, and don't know much beyond just posting and replying which is easy enough. What's great here is definitely a community feeling, people sharing deals, freebies... I mean, when i see a post like "I was just here and stumbled on this deal and there are lots left, ... and also found these new coupons so you guys look out for them too..." this is someone who took time out of their day to make a post so other people can save and benefit too, and that's so nice of them. And also taking the negative stigma out of trying to save money - there's this social pressure to look like you can buy whatever your friends are buying and not think twice, and here there is this amazing community giving you thumbs up when you do the opposite and keep as much of your hard earned money as you can.

only thing I don't like that makes me think maybe I'm not doing things right here is when I look at stockpiles, my own included, and see mostly P&G and unilever stuff, that's so sad. I don't wanna be supporting large conglomerates, and in a way I'm not, cos I am getting their stuff for free or almost free instead of full price which I would never pay, but then I'm not buying small socially conscious companies' stuff because I'm all stocked up with this other stuff. So that's something I struggle with.
    coley3, Koolaid, walkonby and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thanks for leaving your comments...it is greatly appreciated.....this is for sure a true brag....WTG

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information