User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Tide PODS

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by trulyblessed View Post
    I will try them (got 1 free sample) for the easability - live in an apt, so have to go down 3 loooooooong flights of stairs to laundry room so lighter to carry than the bottle of deterg. I used to love the "bricks" Tide had a few years back - then they disappeared.
    While this isn't my situation, I do think this is who the PODS would be best for. Those who have to use a laundry room in an apartment, laundrymat, etc.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well, I am not impressed. put in an average load - 2 sweats, 3 tshirts, couple socks & underwear and the load did not come out clean. As much as i hate dragging the bottles down, at least i know my clothes are clean!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

"stole" one from my SIL a few days ago, and tried it today. My fiancé and I stood there and watched it dissolve (lol, weird I know). Didn't seem anything special, and since I have about 6-9 months of Purex I am not changing anytime soon. Plus we have laundry in the basement, no dragging to the laundromat.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

A) Love this topic
    B) I was wondering about how these work (primarily for the convenience/hauling detergent down to the basement of my condo building etc). I've held off because while I don't necessarily need "scent free", I find Tide's scents to be pretty strong and irritating compared to Sunlight or Cheer.
    C) I haven't tried them and because of these reviews, I don't know that will. I'm wondering if the front loading washers don't have enough water in them to dissolve the plastic casing properly, AND break up/dissolve the detergent (guessing that it's powdered detergent?). Perhaps the cold water is a factor on the dissolving issue? This is one of the reasons I switched to liquid detergent years ago. My building got new machines last week and I was watching the machines to make sure I got the detergent amount right for the new machines...I was pretty shocked at how little water these new machines use! Great for energy efficiency, not so great for dissolving stuff!

Thanks for all of your input everyone! Saved me from a purchase I'd regret/be too lazy to return!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Tide/Detergent Pods May Be Dangerous to Children

Heads up parents. CBC says that some children are attracted to the pods thinking they are candy. Poison control in Canada and the US have reported children trying to eat the pods because of bright colors and the attractive packaging/plastic containers.http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/...r.html?cmp=rss
    bgheuchert likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I will try them (got 1 free sample) for the easability - live in an apt, so have to go down 3 loooooooong flights of stairs to laundry room so lighter to carry than the bottle of deterg. I used to love the "bricks" Tide had a few years back - then they disappeared.
    I liked those tide bricks too, I found they worked well and were great for apartment living when laundry wasn't in the apartment. I miss those things. I'm actually switching to powder, as I can just measure a bit out in a container and take it down to the laundry room with me, no carrying the large bottle or box.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Spray & wash used to have little bricks similar to the old tide bricks. They discontinued them I guess. But they worked so well!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I've bought a pouch of PODs to take on our family vacation out of the country - we'll be staying in rentals with washing machines in each unit and this seems like a good way to get the laundry clean without paying over $8.50 for a small bottle of detergent at the local stores. (We'll be on an island and there aren't a lot of shopping options!)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trying my tide pod today but using a soaking feature on my front load. I sure hope it works. I used to live in a place where the machines were one floor down. You know those cheap small glad round containers? I pre-measured the amount I need, drew a permanent line in marker, and would fill depending on how many loads i was doing and just carry that down. I'd normally use the machines at odd hours and do 3 loads at once so I'd measure up 3 loads worth of soap and pour into each machine. I was using downy balls but i just found they wouldn't always open so I'd just used fabric softener sheets. Most of the time companies have you use more soap than necessary. I would cut my fabric softener sheets in half and it was enough. Now i have my own front load washer so things are different, but i still use less soap than it says. Pods are nice in theory but beware- calculate how much it costs per load and see how it compares to other forms. When money was even tighter than now, I was getting away with 1/3 less soap except on whites, and I had tried various brands to find which were in fact cheaper- had to do math but it payed off.
    PammieD and bgheuchert like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I tried one of these the other day and while I'm not normally a fan of smelly stuff because of allergies and asthma I really like these. So easy!! And on the plus side DH is must more inclined to throw a load in with those sitting on top of the machine where he can see them and doesn't have to think .

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Might be worth it to you to hunt down a tide 6 load travel size. They're little and convenient, just keep refilling it with one of your regular sized bottles. Otherwise, save an old bottle lid and grab any container you know nobody will mistake for an actual beverage that is easy to fill, even a shampoo bottle could work. Take the lid for measurements.

Sunlight still makes bricks, though.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Sunlight has their pods that I was looking for fb on (started a thread in here). Apparently they're pretty good because they're gel and not powder to dissolve. I also like that they come in the scent free version. I've just stocked up on jugs of laundry detergent but I thingies may try these next sale/coupon combo!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Bumping this back up to the top to see if anyone is having issues with these now that they've been using them for a while. I've ruined several items because of these things. I've given up using them and have over 1/2 a container sitting around. The blue portion of the pod has been staining my clothes. I put in DH's brand new Hilfiger golf shirts in and of the eight, three were ruined with blue stains on them. I thought it was a one off but it has happened with other things, towels etc.

Anyone else having trouble?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post
    Bumping this back up to the top to see if anyone is having issues with these now that they've been using them for a while. I've ruined several items because of these things. I've given up using them and have over 1/2 a container sitting around. The blue portion of the pod has been staining my clothes. I put in DH's brand new Hilfiger golf shirts in and of the eight, three were ruined with blue stains on them. I thought it was a one off but it has happened with other things, towels etc.

sorry your having issues.... I would write them to let them know.... I know i'd want some sort of compensation for the $$ of clothes that were ruined!
    I haven't tried my samples pods, but this is making me not want to try them at all!
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gourmetsue View Post

YIKES! That is terrible! I have only tried one and thought it was ok, mostly I just use laundry tabs when the kids are wanting to help with laundry so that they can just throw it in. I always make sure that my soap/tab is fully dissolved first though before throwing in clothes, maybe the blue in the tab was to not and too concentrated when it hit your shirts? Generally though I usually just use regular detergent.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information