User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: 100+ of the same coupons

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I've posted before.....do not assume that just because someone has a ton of one coupon that they have taken entire tear pads... and thats all I'm going to say
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I know how I get a lot of coupons. I am a sales rep and I am in the stores all day.
    I take 5 here, 5 there and boom I might have 50+ of the same coupon. Do the math, that is only 10 stores.
    I also hit the demos most weekends!
    I do this becauce I do not get any flyers in my area!! and I work my but off to get my coupons for trades.

I am getting so sad at all of the rants about people thinking that 1 person is taking the whole pad.
    I also think some folks think that the coupons are "just going to fall from the sky" just for them.
    "Suck it up Buttercup".

So please do judge others that have MANY coupons.
    My coupon bag is over 35lbs and NO I do NOT take whole pads.

Last edited by Travelnut; Thu, Jun 7th, 2012 at 04:38 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm getting tired of the tearpad thieves discussion to be honest. The early bird gets the worm. I personally don't take that many because I get lots through trades but I'm not about to start pointing fingers. It takes a lot of nerve to take a whole tearpad, those things are hard to remove! I take 4-5 and I have a hard time. Oh well c'est la vie. I better not see someone do it though, he or she will get a dirty look for sure and I will have to wrestle them to get my share. LOL

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I was at SDM last week, and actually saw a lady take ALL the coupons off a brand new tearpad display for the $2WUB2 different Dove products. All 4 tear pads! Then she strolled down the isle and took the balance of the tear pad coupons for the .50 on degree deoderant, 2 plus full pads!

I purposely walked up to her and asked her if she would mind putting a few pads back as I was looking for some Dove coupons and would love to have some. She gave me a really dirty look and replied that they were there for the taking, and did not even offer to give me a coupon. I picked up my prescription and then headed to the front cash to pay for a few items I had. While there I mentioned it to Kathy (a longtime cashier that I know pretty well). Kathy said she would take care of it.

I lingered after I paid to see if anything would happen. As I browsed a magazine, she approached the till. The store manager was up front by this time. He asked her why she would take all the coupons that were put out for customers. Her reply was that she could take as many as she wanted as they were free for the taking. I think he knew he couldn't do anything about it, but I was quite surprised when he asked her NOT TO RETURN to the store anymore. He politely told her to take her business elsewhere as he liked all his customers to have a fair chance to save money with coupons and since she was not even buying that product, she shouldn't have taken them.

I was pretty impressed. Kathy gave me a wink and I left the store hoping she was not heading to Sobey's before I got there, lol.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm happy you did that!!! I'm all for free but taking all 4 tear pads is just pushing it.
    gameprogirl and es89 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I'd prefer someone took the coupons instead of them being recycled....of course waiting until they get taken down would be better to give everyone a chance to grab a few. I get my mother-in-law to hit the SS tp's a few days before they switch up because in her small down the guy recycles the old ones. I'm still envious that she can find them at all sometimes because ours go empty pretty quick.

So I could potentially have alot of multiples (not usually of the hot ones...dang!)....which I take to work and share.

J

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I am just about to start buying my coupons on ebay. There are never any in the stores. I have been looking for the $1 WUB2 Minute Maid, $.75 Catelli and a few other great coupons. The tear pads are always empty. Some people do not work during the day so they have all the time to go from store to store taking the tear pads. I might need to turn to ebay to get the coupons I need. I don't like doing it but I see that this coupon craziness is only getting worst. The Extreme Coupon show on TV has not helped us at all.
    Last edited by Bargain Seeker; Mon, Jun 11th, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I was at SDM last week, and actually saw a lady take ALL the coupons off a brand new tearpad display for the $2WUB2 different Dove products. All 4 tear pads! Then she strolled down the isle and took the balance of the tear pad coupons for the .50 on degree deoderant, 2 plus full pads!

I purposely walked up to her and asked her if she would mind putting a few pads back as I was looking for some Dove coupons and would love to have some. She gave me a really dirty look and replied that they were there for the taking, and did not even offer to give me a coupon. I picked up my prescription and then headed to the front cash to pay for a few items I had. While there I mentioned it to Kathy (a longtime cashier that I know pretty well). Kathy said she would take care of it.

I lingered after I paid to see if anything would happen. As I browsed a magazine, she approached the till. The store manager was up front by this time. He asked her why she would take all the coupons that were put out for customers. Her reply was that she could take as many as she wanted as they were free for the taking. I think he knew he couldn't do anything about it, but I was quite surprised when he asked her NOT TO RETURN to the store anymore. He politely told her to take her business elsewhere as he liked all his customers to have a fair chance to save money with coupons and since she was not even buying that product, she shouldn't have taken them.

I was pretty impressed. Kathy gave me a wink and I left the store hoping she was not heading to Sobey's before I got there, lol.
    Interesting............I once saw a store manager, with security guy in tow, approach a woman he had just observed shove a whole tearpad in her purse (I saw her do it too), and told her she '....was stealing, it was store property meant for all his customers, and to hand it back immediately.' 'and if it happened again, she wasn't welcome in his store.' She was angry & redfaced, but she gave it back.

Technically, the stores have a contractual agreement with the corporations whose products they sell....the stores have 'ownership' of all the promotional items that come with the products: the displays, coupons, contest giveaways, wall banners & signs, etc......the coupons have no monetary value only in the technical sense that they are free for the taking...you don't have to pay for them.....(but they sure have good value once you use them, combined with sales)

on another note, at least one person has been charged in the States with stealing after taking inserts out of newspapers

I think if I managed a grocery store, I'd keep the coupons at the till & distribute them by request......unfortunately, this is already happening in some stores.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Last year a Sobeys near me kept all the b2save $1 coupons. They advertised the soup as on sale. When you bought the soup for .50 each they were actually getting the $1 using the coupons. They didn't tell people this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Something like this was difficult to do in the city, but thanks to some friends, I was able to get about 80 of the 1$ off 2 minute maid. But honestly, at the Zellers that was closing I found a tearpad for Advil nighttime liquigels tossed into the back of the shelf and I just took it. But yeah, usually stores will have a minimum of 2 tearpads per product, sometimes even as many as 8! And each tearpad has between 50 and 100 coupons on it.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

so i went grocery shopping this weekend (freshco, sobeys, no frills) and i did not even find one tearpad with a coupon on it! This is why I have been trading stamps or from my personal stash because I cannot find coupons to add to my "trade" stash.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I'm getting sick of the types of rants/complaining accusing people who have large quanitities of stealing. Oh so many times many SC members have come right out and accused me because I sometimes have 40+ of a newspaper insert. Or because I have 20 of one tear pad listed.

Lets see,

I grab a few.
    Mom grabs a few.
    DH sometimes grabs a few when he is on his own.
    Aunt grabs a few
    Grandma grabs a few
    I trade for LOADS and LOADS and LOADS (I have like 80-100 nexxus I traded for and I did have about 150 zantac I traded for every single little one - they are all gone now )

Then there is the fact that I live in an apartment building, my sister lives in a building, my brother delivers papers so I get the extras, grandma, aunt, MIL/FIL mail their inserts.

And yet people have the nerve to just come right out and accuse me of stealing whole tear pads. Makes me shake my head.
    Jezebel, aussie, Koolaid and 3 others like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I showed the tricks of the trade to a good friend of mine last year. She loves coupons now but has become a coupon hoarder! She needs them all and when I want a certain coupon (like the minute maid) I call her up. A few weeks ago she dropped over 100 minute maid coupons at my front door, the down side is she does throw out a great deal of them and takes all the inserts too. It used to bother my but now I see it as I don’t have to coupon hunt and get coupons delivered

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

This is a slippery subject. I have received many of the same coupon from family who knows I use them. I don't do many trades because I don't have a ton extra usually. I am respectful to others, if I see a tearpad, I only take what I will use or family will use.

I think reselling them on ebay is wrong. Your supposed to use the coupons to save money, not make money or make others pay to save. It doesn't seem right to me. That's why most manufacturers put one per purchase or one per customer on the coupon.

I don't mind if people have a bunch and need them and use them or trade/give to others. I am not going to start a fight over coupons. It's not worth fighting over but people should think of others when they are couponing. I always give stuff away if I don't use or need it.

I'm not greedy, I enjoy saving money and I like to see others save too. That's just who I am.

I am against reselling but I'm all for saving and sharing, if that makes sense to anyone.
    Jezebel, Poirot and i_love_to_save like this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

My two cents on this is to prevent tearpad theft we should lead by example....take a few. Trade for more if you need them.
    gameprogirl and queenkathy like this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information