User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Bad drivers.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

While out doing errands today I see flashing lights coming at me(ambulance) so I immediately start to brake hard and pullover but i forgot i had an 18 wheeler right behind me, well it's not like they can stop on a dime so i have to keep driving otherwise he's coming in for a close-up view no thanks!!! while i'm over as far as i can safely get without losing it in the freshly graveled and grated side of the road I actually had a cop in front of me and i guees he's watching in his mirror cause I pull into one of my stops a couple min later and he steps out of his car as well and says to me good thing you were paying attention to the truck behind you otherwise you could of got yourself hit and in a nasty accident, he noticed I started to slow down and then speed up again. I thought for a second he was going to read me the riot act for not pulling right over. That's a first for me not pulling over completely and stopping I ALWAYS DO. So remember when pulling over for emergency vehicles make sure you don't have an 18 wheeler behind you ready to give you a big UNWANTED kiss
    DaveP, Aimz, Darth Penguin and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by geniemom View Post
    While out doing errands today I see flashing lights coming at me(ambulance) so I immediately start to brake hard and pullover but i forgot i had an 18 wheeler right behind me, well it's not like they can stop on a dime so i have to keep driving otherwise he's coming in for a close-up view no thanks!!! while i'm over as far as i can safely get without losing it in the freshly graveled and grated side of the road I actually had a cop in front of me and i guees he's watching in his mirror cause I pull into one of my stops a couple min later and he steps out of his car as well and says to me good thing you were paying attention to the truck behind you otherwise you could of got yourself hit and in a nasty accident, he noticed I started to slow down and then speed up again. I thought for a second he was going to read me the riot act for not pulling right over. That's a first for me not pulling over completely and stopping I ALWAYS DO. So remember when pulling over for emergency vehicles make sure you don't have an 18 wheeler behind you ready to give you a big UNWANTED kiss
    When we got red light cameras in our city, there were a lot of people that got into accidents when they slammed on the brakes at the yellow light, not realizing that the person at the back was going to run into them! Good thing you check your back mirror!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I witnessed another one yesterday. I was stopped at a red light (a few cars in front of me and more behind me), I was looking out my window, and here is a van driving down the sidwalk. Not only were they driving down the sidewalk, they were driving the "wrong way" for 2 blocks to turn into a store. I guess they saw the line of traffic (it wasn't that long and wasn't even to the store), and didn't want to sit in having to turn in, so at the intersection instead of turning into their lane, turned onto the sidewalk.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

So today I'm out doing errands in the car with my husband and toddler. We're on our way home and a storm had knocked out some lines so my lane is about to end. I'm a new driver so im OVERLY careful when changing lanes. I usually just assume i dont have room and wait for a really good gap. Well there's and old man in an antique car puttering along in the lane next to me with a nice gap in front. He sees me signal and slows down even more leaving more space. As i begin to pull into his lane he GUNS IT and honks like crazy. This forced me back into my lane where I had to slam on the breaks in order to not slam into the service vehicles now that I was up further. I literally had to stop the car there (at the side of the road where it was safe) and regroup before pulling out again. I'm 9 months pregnant, my kid is in his car seat in the back and my husband beside me. I was scared so badly I was crying and the worst part is I thought I had done something stupid (new driver) until my husband broke it down for me and assured me it wasn't my fault. YIKES. what a day.
    es89 likes this.
    RRLF: Almond breeze, gluten free products

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So we are making a right turn at a red light today...husband comes to a complete stop...we get this loud honk from behind. The driver behind us can't understand why we would need to stop. I don't know how many times I've felt like I was going to get rear-ended by drivers that assume I'll roll through a red when turning. My son is a learner driver and it's been interesting pointing out "what not to do".
    es89 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To marstec
    drivers that dont signal and dont come to complete stop at a stop sign and drivers that cut you off aswell thats what I hate. OH!AY! drivers that go right though on a red light.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I almost rear-ended someone the other day because they were using the count down on the walk signal to judge when the light was going to change. They braked, HARD, in a 70 zone and came to a complete stop when the light was STILL GREEN. The light was about to turn yellow (the walk signal was at 2 when I looked after I slammed on my breaks to not go into her).

I could have made the green, same with the 2 cars behind me that nearly went into the back of me as well.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Left lane bandit. Instances where there are 2 cars driving side by side at the same speed and blocking others behind. Drives me nuts!

Not related to driving but more to parking, people who would take 2 spaces for 1 car, especially close to supermarkets entrances. If you want to do that, then go further away where there are plenty of spaces available and where no one will come park near you. Not being disabled, pregnant or not having kids and using the reserved spaces.

Some drivers in front who are not sure where they are going: slow down, then speed up, then slow down, looking left and right for the right address, then go again, would seem to come to a stop at the curb, then when you are just about to overtake, suddenly drive again.
    Last edited by Jina; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I used to have a photo of an SQ marked car parked over 4 spaces...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I used to have a photo of an SQ marked car parked over 4 spaces...
    check this out
    http://youparkedlikeajackass.com/

and this
    http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/gallery2/index.php

The other day, DH had just parked his car and switched off the engine. While he was about to open the door to leave, a woman was parking her car behind and bumped into the rear of our car. No joke. Not the type of parking along the side of the road, but the typical supermarket parking. She was trying to get her car as close as possible to ours. doh.

Just a week before that, we were involved in a car accident. We were going straight, the car on our left let a car turn from the opposite direction to our right. The other car's driver assume it was ok to go and did not check. We saw the car too late and smashed into it. I remember immediately looking at DS who was next to me at the back. Everything flew in the car. The whole front had to be repaired.
    The other driver was not even allowed to make the turn as there was a sign that was put there about 4 months before. She did not know about it and had been doing that a lot of time!
    Last edited by Jina; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Darth Penguin and marstec like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Thats happened to me before too. Thank god I didnt have DD in the back of the car, soooo annoying. I`ll admit I watch the pedestrian sign but I dont stop if the hand comes on, people blow my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I almost rear-ended someone the other day because they were using the count down on the walk signal to judge when the light was going to change. They braked, HARD, in a 70 zone and came to a complete stop when the light was STILL GREEN. The light was about to turn yellow (the walk signal was at 2 when I looked after I slammed on my breaks to not go into her).

I could have made the green, same with the 2 cars behind me that nearly went into the back of me as well.

In May I was a witness to a car accident in Mississauga, a man had t-boned a cop cruiser (yes, out of all people to hit.) The cop was on its way to another accident an was going through a red light with its alarm on and went to go through the intersection when somebody going north floored it to make the red light they were facing and hit the cop. The car who hit him had a BABY in the back seat. Everyone was fine, but it blows my mind, where are you going that you need to risk your childs life? AND Not obey a police officers signal. Crazy crazy people.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I had a friend who worked at a funeral home....

One of his stories was about some idiot t-boned the hearse on the way to the church. The whole funeral procession was held up waiting for the police to sort everything out...took over an hour to clear the mess up....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Jina,
    Those two websites are hilarious. A lot of it is carelessness, but I've seen instances when a car owner parks his souped-up vehicle at an angle, thereby hogging two or three spaces. I wonder if he has to wipe a lot of spit off his windshield?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I commute nearly 2 hours every day and the amount of completely clueless drivers on the road is utterly astounding. The part I don't understand is someone sat beside these people during a driving test and said "nice job here's your license"

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    check this out
    http://youparkedlikeajackass.com/

and this
    http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/gallery2/index.php

The other day, DH had just parked his car and switched off the engine. While he was about to open the door to leave, a woman was parking her car behind and bumped into the rear of our car. No joke. Not the type of parking along the side of the road, but the typical supermarket parking. She was trying to get her car as close as possible to ours. doh.

Just a week before that, we were involved in a car accident. We were going straight, the car on our left let a car turn from the opposite direction to our right. The other car's driver assume it was ok to go and did not check. We saw the car too late and smashed into it. I remember immediately looking at DS who was next to me at the back. Everything flew in the car. The whole front had to be repaired.
    The other driver was not even allowed to make the turn as there was a sign that was put there about 4 months before. She did not know about it and had been doing that a lot of time!

I am going to print off those notices and keep them in my glove box for when I go to Walmart.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information