User Tag List

Page 1545 of 1602 FirstFirst ... 545 1045 1445 1495 1535 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1555 1595 ... LastLast
Results 23,161 to 23,175 of 24026
Like Tree10763Likes

Thread: Points And Prizes - Sheknows Words v2

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the new words, I got the email to join the new P&P rewards site
    Noodge and DramaLamaBBQ like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone know how to transfer points now?
    improperganda likes this.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Not happy about the new site. But I'll give it a try I guess.
    Noodge likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are excited to announce the launch of the new and improved Points & Prizes site, called SheKnows Rewards. With SheKnows Rewards you will have many new ways to earn credits (formerly known as "points") that you can apply towards items in the SheKnows Rewards store. Starting today, you have 30 days to access your Points & Prizes account. You can spend any points that you do not want to have transferred or you may begin using SheKnows Rewards and start shopping in the new store.
    As of September 1, 2012 the Points & Prizes site will no longer be available.
    Don't panic. After September 1st, all of your points from Points & Prizes will be converted to SheKnows Rewards credits. Until that time, you may not see any of your previous points show up on your Rewards account but you will be able to earn new credits. Your Points & Prizes points and SheKnows Rewards credits will then be merged together once your account is transferred over.
    Also note that we have updated our credit value system using a point to credit conversion ratio of 15 to 1, so you may notice that the number of credits you now have is fewer than your previous Points & Prizes amount. Don't worry though, you will also notice that the amount of points it takes to claim a prize has drastically gone down!

Sign-in and start using SheKnows Rewards now »

View our Frequently Asked Questions page »
    Learn more about SheKnows Rewards »

Thank you for your cooperation and we hope that you enjoy the new benefits and prizes on SheKnows Rewards!
    - SheKnows Rewards Team
    improperganda and Noodge like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by daiquiri View Post
    Anyone know how to transfer points now?
    Um, if I read correctly, they will transfer the points on Sept 1 so there's no way for member to transfer them now.

They say to spend them on P&P now or they will convert over at the ratio Pearls shared with us all.

Yet I can see where it's confusing as they say "shop the new store now". If you look at the lowest credit prize in the 'new' site, it's 1935 credits. That's a lot of article reads to get that tiny prize.

Anyone able to comment on article and earn credits or watch video? Not me. So far, only credits for reading Going Green articles and clicking on homepages.

Also, the conversion isn't suppose to happen till Sept which means we should be getting newsletter points until then? Why give up a month of those points transferring to credits since credit accumulation looks tedious? Then again, we get around 15000 points in newsletter as month so that will only be 1000 credits on 'new' site.

I could see folks complaining too if members could opt to transfer over now as the chance to get the better prizes should happen at the same time for us all. Like many of us have over 3 million points in one account, bygones!

Oh how I wish cesme77 was here for feedback as I imagine the greatest WTF graphics from her!
    Last edited by Noodge; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: I could be wrong....wouldn't be the first time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

After putting my loved one to bed, I decided to troll around and see what's going on with P&P. Funny that so many were doing the same,thank you Pearls!

I didn't see the FAQ section which covered a lot of what I was typing up to share.

The two biggest changes I noted were:
    1) There will no longer be keywords in newsletters worth 200 points or keywords under contests for points for 100 points. But there's suppose to be a way to earn credits by getting newsletters. I think that it's sneaky way for saying click on the articles in the newsletter for credits. That way, they get the advertising dollars for clicks on their site.

2) Points will transfer to 'new' site yet more on that to come below as it's NOT good news.

Here's what I found on the 'new' site regarding how they will 'transfer' points to credits. They are using the term credit versus points going forward. I guess to remove themselves further from the old site?

Entrants who were previously enrolled in the Site's "Pointsand Prizes" service will be allowed to remain enrolled in both the Service and Points and Prizes until Points and Prizes is terminated. Users of Points and Prizes will be given the opportunity to convert their unclaimed points to Credits. Once Points and Prizes is terminated, each User's unclaimed points will be automatically converted to Credits. The conversion of points to Credits will be at a rate of 15:1 (ex. 15,000 Points and Prizes points will convert to1,000 Credits).

Also, credits can expire now.

We expressly reserve the right to establish additional means of accruing Credits; to remove any or all of the means currently in effect; to exclude certain types of transactions from the accumulation of Credits; to specify periods after which unused Credits will be forfeited or reduced in percentage.

I found the above info by clicking on the "Official Rules" on the new site in the bottom right hand corner.

WTFudge, basically if I read their rules right, members who have 1 million points now will have around 66,667 credits.

Check out the prizes too on the 'new' site as it would have been great if our points transferred over as is and not as reduced credits.

The "Official Rules" states a few ways to earn credits yet it seems to me those ways will take a lot of time and effort to accumulate.

What makes me the saddest is the loss of this community. The 'new' site will reduce our chatter as we won't be able to share except maybe making sure we all know the ways to earn credits IF we decide to go forward. Somehow I see a lot of us possibly cashing out before the change or once the change takes place, using our credits for whatever is available and walking away.

I tried to compare points to credits by looking for prizes that are currently listed on P&P as well as on the new site. I got fed up though. I cannot believe there are books being offered for high credits that were offered recently for 15,000 points on P&P site. Why did they take the items off P&P site like it was out of stock only to have inventory to offer the items at high credits on 'new' site? Shesh, give us loyal members a break of some sort! For example, the book "Get the Message" is on P&P for 15,000 points. On the new site, the same book goes for 19425 credits (about 291,375 P&P points). Again, if I understand the conversion correctly. Someseem less like there's an exercise DVD at 600,000 points on P&P side yet only 14,570 credits on 'new' site (about 218,550 P&P points).

Oh, the WII is listed on new site for 224,985 credits. WhichI guess is around 3,374,775 current P&P points.

I find the comment on FAQ of 'new' site too amusing:
    Don't worry though, you will also notice that the amount of points it takes to claim a prize has drastically gone down!

Not true if article clicks are only 2-3 points and that's the majority of points to earn in a day.
    Last edited by Noodge; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Yikes, the words are merging again....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sk43213 View Post
    Wow, I am back from vacation and there seem to be big changes in P&P, what with charging for shipping & changing the site? I have a little over 725,000 points and maybe it would be good to use them now. If you all stop coming here, I will miss you. This has been a fun forum, with such a wide cross-section of people and interests.

Thanks to all who posted words, and I'm going to catch up on those that haven't expired.

Vacation was great - Punderson State Park in northeastern Ohio. Beautiful lake and lots to do in the area.
    Missed you and sorry you had to come back to a rude awaking of P&P changes. We are kinda all just starting to discuss it today. Makes me sad.....I don't mind the wasted time as much as the loss of the community! star84 had a great suggestion that we all should have a thread for us to catch up! Maybe though we'll still be able to share with one another as I read in the FAQ that some articles will have featured credits or whatever. Those who get the newsletters can always give others the heads up incase they don't get the newsletter? Guess we'll all see what happens.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw the early preview invitation email for SheKnows Rewards on another board last week, but this is the first confirmation I've seen that the old P&P site is going down on September 1 and what the points conversion ratio is going to be. I was especially curious about the latter after seeing the "over $100,000 in prizes" on the new site. I knew it could never be 1-1, as they would have gone broke within a few days from people just using their legacy points. A person with a million points turned credits could buy several $100 gift cards, or a new Samsung S3 phone, or almost two iPad 2s -- no way that was happening!

Still, 1/15 of your old balance is worse than I was expecting. 1,000,000 P&P points = 66,667 Rewards credits isn't even enough to purchase a $50 gift card (iTunes or IKEA) at 75,000 credits... and who knows how long it'll take, in practice, to clear that remaining 8,000+ points. I guess we'll know soon.

Thanks again to everyone here for taking the time to post keywords. Even if the prizes did start to fizzle over the past year, I managed to get some decent things from them in the early days (and, recently, more books than I have time to read for a long time).
    Last edited by cityguy; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 06:55 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the new words (((hugs)))
    wow! after 5 years of logging in here almost every day
    and enjoying the community, I am so sad to see it all
    taken away .....
    I looked at the prizes that are left but nothing worth bothering to order
    have a wonderful Wednesday Everyone!

Life is Good

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the new words

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still have 0 credits on the new site...and don't know HOW to start using them now. Anyone have an idea?
    improperganda likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

got the email as well this morning. I wish I had known about this program a lot earlier. I barely hit the 15,000 points mark last week - will see if I should order something or not. But probably will not be continuing with the new site.

are there any books left for 15,000 points?
    Last edited by nessa23; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I open the page this morning and had a wtf moment. I knew something like this was coming.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa23 View Post
    are there any books left for 15,000 points?
    Yes, you have this sorry choice of titles left to pick from.

How to Choose the Best Preschool for Your Child (Paperback)

Starting preschool is one of the biggest milestones in a child's life. With this comprehensive, step-by-step guide, you won't have to navigate the preschool process alone. Whether the nursery schools nearby enroll every child, or they're so competitive that they only accept a few applicants, this book has everything you need to know to choose and get into the right preschool for your child. Click here for more details!
    Get it for 15000 points!

Get the Message (Paperback)

tart your motors and rev up your engines. Your car is talking to you! Get the Message brings you an entirely new perspective on how you view yourself on the highway of life. Have you replaced a battery lately or bought new brakes? Have you been involved in a fender bender? Wasn't your first reaction "why me" or "why now"? Get the Message presents an innovative and insightful look at your life and health through the everyday occurrences that your car mirrors back to you. So buckle up your seat belt, sit back, and investigate your own personal warning system that cycles through your car, your dreams, your body, and your life. Click here for more details!
    Get it for 15000 points!

Having Children After Cancer (book)

Shaw, a health and medical writer, breast cancer survivor, and mother of three, focuses on both practical and personal matters in this accessible, comprehensive look at becoming a parent after cancer. Diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 36 and wary of pregnancy when her treatments ended, Shaw adopted a child, but later gave birth to two more. She maintains that while cancer treatment can put fertility at risk, damaging sperm and/or eggs, there is no reason why the disease should close the door to future parenthood. And while both cancer itself and treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation may cause fertility problems ranging from premature menopause to damaged DNA, there are many available solutions. The author urges couples to talk to their physicians about fertility issues as soon as possible, and walks readers through such options as egg, embryo, and ovarian tissue freezing for women and sperm banking for men. She maintains that the odds of getting one's fertility back after cancer may be better than expected, but helpfully also covers such alternatives as egg donors, surrogacy, and adoption. This is an invaluable guidebook for couples journeying into parenthood after cancer. Click here for more details!
    Get it for 15000 points!

eHarmony Guide to Dating the Second Time Around (paperback)

The ultimate dating resource for those getting back into the dating scene! eHarmony Guide to Dating the Second Time Around is a one-stop guide to re-entering the dating scene. Packed with invaluable advice, including self-analysis quizzes, compatibility tests, guidance on how to create the perfect online profile and encouraging success stories, this book is an indispensable tool to make dating the second time around work for you. Published in conjunction with eHarmony, this book addresses an array of issues unique to second-round daters. From identifying what you are really looking for in a partner - rather than what you imagine you want - to avoiding the 7 signs of a desperate dater, this is the essential guide to getting it right. The dating game has changed, but that doesn't mean it has to be daunting! Packed with hints and tips throughout, this book is a practical guide that helps daters maximize their efforts and chances of finding love again. Click here for more details!
    Get it for 15000 points!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

PointsandPrizes.com Keyword: LIGHTINTHEBOX worth 100 points good through 8/31/12.

Thread Information