• 3 Post By Minou
  • 1 Post By filza
  • 1 Post By nainai0585
  • 2 Post By Minou

Thread: A Rant about Myself

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not only angry at myself, but I'm also frustrated with myself too.
    I can't sleep at night, my heart starts beating quite quickly and I get the "butterfly/nervous" feeling in the put of my stomach, and I can't stop my mind from over working.....the cause:

I booked a trip for myself and my son (who will be 7 yrs in Sept.) for 2 weeks in Cuba while dh and our youngest son (2 yrs in Sept) stay home (per husbands request as he doesn't like Cuba) and......ITS 5 MONTHS AWAY!!! If I'm feeling this way now, how am I going to be just before we leave!! I'm mad at myself
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why are you mad? Seems like a win win in a lots of ways. Honestly I see nothing wrong with taking a vacation without your spouse. The child will still have a parent at home. Hope you enjoy the trip!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Wow wish i was going LoL,last time i had a vacation was 10 yrs ago and it was to Cuba.I love Cuba
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Any way you can get a refund for the trip and go somewhere you and your husband both want to go, or go to Cuba with a friend instead? I wouldn't want to take a child to Cuba/Mexico/Dominican Republic/Jamaica by myself... I've never been any of those places even without kids because I worry about various dangers. If it's outside of school holidays, taking your son out of school to go on vacation isn't a great idea, either.

If you're worrying about it, how are you going to enjoy the vacation?
    filza, Natalka and xXtiggerXx like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You can do it!

I got on a plane (by myself) when I was 22 to go live and study in Australia for a year, and I didn't know a soul! It was a little unnerving, but an amazing experience and totally worth it!

You'll be so proud of yourself for going, and you'll give your son an awesome experience that will expand his world view
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

senior canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (96%)

No but As from a wife and mom s perspective I doubt u would be enjoying at most.I went on a vacation with kids ( all kids).only hubby was home.and I was constantly calling ,texting.vacation was not that fun.
    Try one more time convincing him to come along....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

He's made it quuite clear he doesn't want to go, BUT, I think its for the best. He's a very authoritarian parent, and our oldest son is a typical boundary pushing 7 yr old, so I know that at least 2-3 days out of our trip, my husband will have sent S to the room for the day.....dh can be a little bit of a party pooper. I am a more laid back authoritarian parent (I still expect appropriate behaviour, but I'll give S 3 chances, then a time out if he doesn't comply). I also don't have a cell phone (prefer it this way), so calling home is out of the question.

The only reason why I'm mad at myself, is that I'm so excited to go that I can no longer sleep and get very nervous/excited randomly throughout the day when thinking about going.....if I'm feeling this way 5 months from the time S and I fly, then how am I going to be a few weeks or days before

Filza - I thoroughly enjoy my "personal" time away from my husband as I feel its a great way to be an individual rather then a couple all the time. I am not concerned about the safety and well being of my youngest b/c I know dh is a good father and will ensure that yds is well taken care of while he's at work.
    In 2010 a cousin of ours took us to Cuba with them as a spontaneous honeymoon gift (we had already been married for 4 yrs at this point but could never afford to go away), but the #1 rule was that kids where not allowed. We ended up leaving the boys with dh's parents for a week....the worst decision we had ever made! Not only where dh and I unable to relax b/c we where so worried about our children, but we had VERY good cause to be worried! It took us over a month to get their behaviours back to what they where before we left, and it took us well over a month to stop S from swearing and screaming at his little brother b/c, "that's what Grandpa did when L was crying"
    filza likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Nice trip.
    Great planning 5 months in advance.
    Nice that you have the time to plan meals etc. for the two males left at home.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nainai0585 View Post
    He's made it quuite clear he doesn't want to go, BUT, I think its for the best. He's a very authoritarian parent, and our oldest son is a typical boundary pushing 7 yr old, so I know that at least 2-3 days out of our trip, my husband will have sent S to the room for the day.....dh can be a little bit of a party pooper. I am a more laid back authoritarian parent (I still expect appropriate behaviour, but I'll give S 3 chances, then a time out if he doesn't comply). I also don't have a cell phone (prefer it this way), so calling home is out of the question.

The only reason why I'm mad at myself, is that I'm so excited to go that I can no longer sleep and get very nervous/excited randomly throughout the day when thinking about going.....if I'm feeling this way 5 months from the time S and I fly, then how am I going to be a few weeks or days before

Filza - I thoroughly enjoy my "personal" time away from my husband as I feel its a great way to be an individual rather then a couple all the time. I am not concerned about the safety and well being of my youngest b/c I know dh is a good father and will ensure that yds is well taken care of while he's at work.
    In 2010 a cousin of ours took us to Cuba with them as a spontaneous honeymoon gift (we had already been married for 4 yrs at this point but could never afford to go away), but the #1 rule was that kids where not allowed. We ended up leaving the boys with dh's parents for a week....the worst decision we had ever made! Not only where dh and I unable to relax b/c we where so worried about our children, but we had VERY good cause to be worried! It took us over a month to get their behaviours back to what they where before we left, and it took us well over a month to stop S from swearing and screaming at his little brother b/c, "that's what Grandpa did when L was crying"
    Have a safe trip! and loads of fun!!!

After reading your first post, I thought you were nervous about leaving your youngest at home with hubby - however, after reading this post of yours, I now understand that you're nervous because you're excited about your trip No need to be mad at yourself for being excited - time will go by really fast, and before you know it, it will be the day of your fabulous trip. I'm sure it's gonna be a memorable one - don't forget to update us when you get back.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I'm very confused about why this would be a rant, then... Maybe it's a brag instead?
    filza and K8's Fate like this.

Thread Information