User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: "Once Upon A Time" TV show - awesome!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OOO,, that would be interesting. Didn't catch the lie reference.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good show with Rumpel and son.
    So is August really Bael, or not?

Was nice to see the Blue Fairy again!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Loved the show last night! Not sure if that is really Rumpy's son or not...I wonder what kind of world his son arrived at when he went through the hole...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, forgot to comment all week on last Sunday's show - it was SO good!

August being Pinocchio was cool! Wow, and that he was the one who found Emma as a baby!

Biggest EW.... Regina trying to kiss David... ick!

Emma trying to take Henry out of Storybrooke - can't wait to see what happens on tomorrow's episode!
    Melissa13 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, missed commenting on last week's, but I'll just head into the final show...

SO much going on in that hour, it was absolutely nuts!
    I had seen Ginnifer on a talk show this past week, and she warned that some people may not be so happy with the ending of the season... so I was a little worried they were going to have Henry die...

Henry in a coma, because he ate the poisoned apple dessert Regina meant for Emma to have...
    Regina and Emma partnering to help save Henry.... the dragon was AWESOME, and of course the Saviour does her job well! Alas, she is tricked by Mr. Gold, who gets the potion and changes everything in Storybrooke at the end - so next season can start with a bang!

Sad that August turned fully into Pinocchio, but with the curse broken, he'll be coming back as a real man, right?
    The scene with Regina looking out on the town with the purple haze coming - ah, she's so good when she's evil!
    It was SO nice to see Snow and Charming together (in both worlds).

It's going to be very interesting to see where they take the show next season - it's going to be a very long wait!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, missed commenting on last week's, but I'll just head into the final show...

SO much going on in that hour, it was absolutely nuts!
    I had seen Ginnifer on a talk show this past week, and she warned that some people may not be so happy with the ending of the season... so I was a little worried they were going to have Henry die...

Henry in a coma, because he ate the poisoned apple dessert Regina meant for Emma to have...
    Regina and Emma partnering to help save Henry.... the dragon was AWESOME, and of course the Saviour does her job well! Alas, she is tricked by Mr. Gold, who gets the potion and changes everything in Storybrooke at the end - so next season can start with a bang!

Sad that August turned fully into Pinocchio, but with the curse broken, he'll be coming back as a real man, right?
    The scene with Regina looking out on the town with the purple haze coming - ah, she's so good when she's evil!
    It was SO nice to see Snow and Charming together (in both worlds).

It's going to be very interesting to see where they take the show next season - it's going to be a very long wait!
    I found it ok! I wasnt jumping up and down for the final episode but overall i was still happy the way it ended and cant wait for next season!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just watched the last show online. I'm glad that the season ended with a sense of closure. This show has been driving me crazy with all the twists and turns and new characters every week!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

(long)

Reference to 'The Saviour' (capitalized), instead of 'the saviour' (a deliverer or redeemer), creates conflict in the minds of those of us who associate this term solely with Jesus Christ. I'd like the show's producers and writers to be more careful about this; they kept the nuns, who presumably represent God and Christ, in the background, and instead they built up a concept of salvation through Emma. While I believe that magic, the occult and its influence on humanity is a believable concept, I am concerned that the show actually attempts to transfer divine attributes to a fictional character, circumventing any frame-of-reference to Christ...to Whom these attibutes truly belong.
    Hope the producers take a lesson from 'Mork and Mindy'... remember that when they laid an egg, the show laid an egg.

The series has left me with many impressions, mostly positive. Excellent actors, good plots & dialogue, attention to detail, breathtaking colour and a tremendous amount of scope for the imagination, all very sensitively projected. Quite enjoyed the final episode of Season 1, especially the reunion of Mr. Gold and Belle, which answered many questions and posed many more. Would like to see a scene in Season 2 with Bull French in it again; how will Mr. Gold resolve the upcoming embarrassment of his former conflict with him... by returning his white florist van with a big blue ribbon tied around it? Interesting to see how Robert Carlyle managed the very poignant scene of seeing Belle alive again...perfect! And Emilie de Ravin's quality acting always comes across as neither over-stated or under-stated...just exactly right. But now of course, Mr. Gold's multi-faceted personality with his dominant hunger for power asserts itself again (notice the scene in the woods, he has actually left her behind because he is intent on hurrying to the magic well to reclaim his power.) I'm expecting to see at least a few conflicts develop in their relationship next season, hopefully also worked out as time goes on. Belle is like Beofyre...they have both seen RumpleSS at his worst while in power, and both only want him to be human again, with love as their first priority.

I'd like to see more of Regina in the second season, with greater development of the trauma of her scarred personality, and a possibility for healing and change. One of my favourite scenes in the final episolde was David admitting that 'his life lately hadn't made a lick of sense'. That's the kind of human touch that endears a character to the viewers; as opposed to him calling himself 'sweet', just allow the character to be sweet, and let the viewers figure it out. I would have really liked to have a good look at Ashley's baby, maybe that's just me, and would like to see them again in Season 2. Granny always comes across as believable, and Ruby's exceptionally vivid beauty should give the writers lots of ideas for the development of her character.

A few details:
    The last scene with Emma and Henry: she should have had her arm around him; after all, he had just come alive again, and their bond was greater than ever before.
    The scene with Mary Margaret at Henry's deathbed: she should not have had her hand resting on Henry's chest; it causes further labour to the heart, something which most people would know instinctively, even without experience in that situation.
    I fully enjoyed all of Snow White's athletic scenes in this Season; she really came alive on screen then.
    Mr. Gold's lip-colour was at times a bit too bright...instead, go for brown or dark-tan lip-colour shades to match the skin/hair/eye colouring, instead of crimson or vermillion. And in a former episode where RumpleSS meets Snow White at the boat pier regarding the potion...RSS precedes the scene with an incongruous squeal/wail which is reminiscent of modern pop stars; (no,no) maybe that's more exciting, but it's just not quite right for medieval times. The rest of time, Carlyle is brilliant in both parts. Really hope this actor doesn't let his success go to his head, because the viewers will read it, and that would be his downfall. Hope he just keeps on being sensitive, intelligent and working through his scenes bringing everything he has in him through life experience and training. Much respect for his obvious versatility.
    Really enjoyed Prince Charming in yet another forest scene, only this time he wasn't dizzling around, except during the swordplay with RumpleSS (lol); the scene worked beautifully, with excellent opportunity to portray the manliness of Prince Charming. Loved the fight between Emma and the dragon...shock & fear well-portrayed, and quick recovery of instinct...BULL'S EYE, Emma!!!
    Looking forward to Season 2!
    Last edited by Valiant; Thu, Jun 7th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.
    xox2010 likes this.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's making me crazy to see the promo for September!

Premiere Sunday, September 30. First episode apparently called "Broken".
    Kalmel likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    It's making me crazy to see the promo for September!

Premiere Sunday, September 30. First episode apparently called "Broken".
    I just cant wait to sit back every sunday and watch the second season.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

One week to go!
    Jina and shiningmoon like this.

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

Time sure did fly by. It felt like it was going to take forever to comeback and now its almost here. So excited.
    Natalka and shiningmoon like this.

Join Swagbucks!! Get FREE Amazon codes and much more! Just click here http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Habs13

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So this is coming back? I thought it was cancelled for some reason. Excited, thanks!
    Natalka likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I LOVED the first episode!...

Stayed up to watch it air in the US. .

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

WHAT IS TRUE LOVE?

I would like this show to explore this question.
    This last episode, a great one by the way with 2 of my favourite actors, Carlyle and de Ravin, showed the viewers just how incompatible some relationships are. When they first were attracted to each other last season, I wondered how this could be " true love", although the show proceeded along these lines, through their obvious attraction. Was it based too much on compassion...Belle's compassion for RSS?
    It just goes to show how unrealistic our old fairy-tales actually were. In our modern times, we as a culture, have seen relationships start, develop and end on many false paths...rushing a relationship, dishonesty, selfishness, basic incompatibility, a bad past...these are just some of the destructive elements in a love-relationship. But there are also some positive traits that can be confused with 'true love'....compassion, gratitude, gravitating to an opposite personality for fulfillment.
    I sense that RSS is well aware of just how his relationship with Belle will play out, based on the knowledge of his past relationship...his wife. And yet, he was honest with her at the end of the show...however, I felt that he was actually playing 'the honesty card', with a pretty good idea that Belle would capitulate, as far as giving him another chance.
    This whole episode actually unfolded exactly as I imagined it would. Belle, due to her standards and self-respect, can not continue as a kept woman, leaves RSS and looks for a job; RSS goes 'underground' with his real nature, while still retaining a fatal hope that he can still have a relationship with Belle. But can good and evil really be compatible? NO. I'm wondering just how the writers will treat this whole matter as the season progresses.
    I was also amazed at RSS's acting lines..."lika de fish', and "ships that pass in the night'...because I was thinking of them myself before I saw the show. I also pictured his former wife as a barmaid some time ago. It was uncanny to actually see this play out on the episode. Gave me the shivers.
    Interesting how the show unfolded to show how Hook lost his hand, and the allusion to the crocodile as a ticking time-bomb of rage and violence...again RSS.
    Did not like the scene with Belle awakening in a double bed, and looking over to the empty side of the bed.
    Just what are the writers playing at??? There better not be a 'Rosemary's Baby' surprise in this otherwise great show.
    That would be just too much!
    Last edited by Valiant; Tue, Oct 23rd, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
    walkonby likes this.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information